Baker Mayfield 2020 | Page 18 | Barking Hard

Baker Mayfield 2020

Mayfield looked lost in the first quarter Sunday. His timing was off. He had no rhythm. Kareem Hunt dropped a screen, but otherwise, Mayfield’s pass attempts in the first quarter were down the field and into coverage. He completed exactly none of them.

So Kevin Stefanski slowed things down as the Browns’ play caller. He tried setting Mayfield up with a couple of easy completions to get him rolling: A bootleg to his favorite target, Jarvis Landry. A short completion in the slot to a wide-open Rashard Higgins, another favorite. A quick pass at the line of scrimmage to Landry, and suddenly Mayfield was rolling. Top it off with a pitch-and-catch touchdown pass to Harrison Bryant inside the 5, and Mayfield was starting to feel good about himself again.

When I asked Stefanski if he altered the play calls at all in the second quarter to make things a little easier on Mayfield, he acknowledged that he had.

So I guess the key for Baker is to keep it really simple. Dumb down the playbook. Give him lots of short stuff to get him going, and then hope for the best.

problem is our 1st rd pick is @#20
the jags will be @#2
so they can make the deal and still draft their guy at #2
also we dont have 2 x 2021 1st rd picks either,like the jags do.
or 2 x 2021 2nd rd picks like the jags have (high picks too)
then they have a 1st and a 2nd from the jags 2022 draft as well
fair price IMO

I dunno though,darnold looked terrible today

possible jets MEGAdraft 2021 - they keep darnold & trade picks

2: R1 P2 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon
23: R1 P23 C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
32: R1 P32 WR Rondale Moore - Purdue
33: R2 P1 TE Kyle Pitts - Florida
35: R2 P3 G Trey Smith - Tennessee
40: R2 P8 CB Eric Stokes - Georgia
65: R3 P1 S Richard LeCounte - Georgia
95: R3 P31 RB Najee Harris - Alabama
103: R4 P1 CB Trey Dean III - Florida
142: R5 P1 EDGE Kwity Paye - Michigan
145: R5 P4 S JaCoby Stevens - LSU
180: R6 P1 RB Trey Sermon - Ohio State
255: R7 P32 WR T.J. Vasher - Texas Tech

Last edited:
So I guess the key for Baker is to keep it really simple. Dumb down the playbook. Give him lots of short stuff to get him going, and then hope for the best.

you need to go back and watch the second half. it wasnt gimmicks or boots the browns couldn't really run well they average 3.7 ypc.

it was mostly shotgun straight dropbacks reading the defense and pushing the ball downfield when cincy knew they were going to pass. 22-22 i don't care who you are cincy is a NFL defense they held Lamar to 19/37 for 180 yds 2TD 1INT and Wentz to 29/47 for 225 1TD 2 INT so lets not just say they are letting every QB go nutz because they arent.

side note i am super pumped about baker actually hitting the checkdown to hunt 3 times. it keeps teams honest and the LB's from not playing drop coverage all the time. we know baker can push the ball but if he can find the checkdown a handful of times during the game it will keep the offense running smooth.

B. Mayfield

Att Comp Yds TD Int Rating
28 22 297 5 1 135.6

Good job!
you need to go back and watch the second half. it wasnt gimmicks or boots the browns couldn't really run well they average 3.7 ypc.

it was mostly shotgun straight dropbacks reading the defense and pushing the ball downfield when cincy knew they were going to pass. 22-22 i don't care who you are cincy is a NFL defense they held Lamar to 19/37 for 180 yds 2TD 1INT and Wentz to 29/47 for 225 1TD 2 INT so lets not just say they are letting every QB go nutz because they arent.

side note i am super pumped about baker actually hitting the checkdown to hunt 3 times. it keeps teams honest and the LB's from not playing drop coverage all the time. we know baker can push the ball but if he can find the checkdown a handful of times during the game it will keep the offense running smooth.
For a very long time, probably going back to the Holmgren days, this team never threw to the backs. I think that changed when Freddy took over the play calling after hueless was fired. It’s something they need to keep doing. There is no linebacker or DB who can stop a RB in the open field under 10-15 yards downfield. That’s just smart football😉

If Baker is going to miss any games, maybe this should be the one. If Keenum puts up 40 points he can just say, well it was the Bengals.

I fully expect Baker to have a very good game against the Bengals. It's the good teams I want to see him be able to conquer.

That being said, he should be able to put up some good numbers here against a string of bad teams, so some will be back on the nuts here shortly.

Boy did I get this stuff right. :ROFLMAO:

OBJ getting hurt does give me hope, as stupid as that sounds. Baker is a fake alpha, he can't seem to overrule OBJ. Without OBJ demanding targets, Baker may loosen up and get back to spreading the ball around.
hope GIF

Last edited:

OBJ getting hurt does give me hope, as stupid as that sounds. Baker is a fake alpha, he can't seem to overrule OBJ. Without OBJ demanding targets, Baker may loosen up and get back to spreading the ball around.
hope GIF
Bingo. Agree. We have extremely capable rookies and second and third year players on offense. We saw this yesterday.

Oh stop...

Baker lit it up.

"Cinci is a bad team..."

Is not an excuse.. how many QBs hit em up for 5 TDs in a game this season?

This Cinci was even better than the one we faced earlier in the season with Burrow really turning it up.

Also.. no Chubb this time around... Injured OL... Landry broken rib.. Baker bruised ribs.. no OBJ.. injured TE...

Bakers problem is that he has been in his head.

That game gives him some momentum.. probably snaps him out of it.

Oh stop...

Baker lit it up.

"Cinci is a bad team..."

Is not an excuse.. how many QBs hit em up for 5 TDs in a game this season?

This Cinci was even better than the one we faced earlier in the season with Burrow really turning it up.

Also.. no Chubb this time around... Injured OL... Landry broken rib.. Baker bruised ribs.. no OBJ.. injured TE...

Bakers problem is that he has been in his head.

That game gives him some momentum.. probably snaps him out of it.

Blow Me J wont be in his head anymore... Blow Me J will be released next year... Book it.. He's done...

hope GIF
Or maybe both are alpha's and OBJ has more cachet playing with the Giants and that one great catch. Not so much since though and it is possible Baker does not want to upset Landry. He's mentioned several times those two are like brothers and never said that and included himself.

problem is our 1st rd pick is @#20
the jags will be @#2
so they can make the deal and still draft their guy at #2
also we dont have 2 x 2021 1st rd picks either,like the jags do.
or 2 x 2021 2nd rd picks like the jags have (high picks too)
then they have a 1st and a 2nd from the jags 2022 draft as well
fair price IMO

I dunno though,darnold looked terrible today
There are another 9 games to be played. I would use pencil for the draft order of 1-5 for the 2021 NFL dr
possible jets MEGAdraft 2021 - they keep darnold & trade picks

2: R1 P2 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon
23: R1 P23 C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
32: R1 P32 WR Rondale Moore - Purdue
33: R2 P1 TE Kyle Pitts - Florida
35: R2 P3 G Trey Smith - Tennessee
40: R2 P8 CB Eric Stokes - Georgia
65: R3 P1 S Richard LeCounte - Georgia
95: R3 P31 RB Najee Harris - Alabama
103: R4 P1 CB Trey Dean III - Florida
142: R5 P1 EDGE Kwity Paye - Michigan
145: R5 P4 S JaCoby Stevens - LSU
180: R6 P1 RB Trey Sermon - Ohio State
255: R7 P32 WR T.J. Vasher - Texas Tech
There is a long way to go before the draft order is set. I would use pencil
Blow Me J wont be in his head anymore... Blow Me J will be released next year... Book it.. He's done...
I don't think CLE is going to take that cap hit by releasing OBJ next year

Or maybe both are alpha's and OBJ has more cachet playing with the Giants and that one great catch. Not so much since though and it is possible Baker does not want to upset Landry. He's mentioned several times those two are like brothers and never said that and included himself.
One of those guys controls where the ball gets thrown to, and it isn't and shouldn't be OBJ.

One of those guys controls where the ball gets thrown to, and it isn't and shouldn't be OBJ.
If your a QB and your two top WR's are #1 and 1A, and those WR's are the guys you absolutely have to respect it can be a problem. If, for instance OBJ really does not want to be here and Baker knows it? It's a problem. If Landry is adversely affected by OBJ, that's a problem that affects both of the top WR's on this team. It's too much to ask of any QB to resolve a situation where he does not like OBJ's attitude towards playing with the Browns. Knowing that if OBJ starts yelling at the HC on the sideline Landry will follow OBJ down that same path. Like he did last year. Especially with a rookie HC and FO.

This does not mean I don't like OBJ. Just that he may not be a good fit when his best friend, who is every bit as good is affected by OBJ's pouting when he's not happy. And when OBJ is pouting Landry seems to emulate those frustrations and when both the starting WR's are pouting the QB will soon feel the effect.

If your a QB and your two top WR's are #1 and 1A, and those WR's are the guys you absolutely have to respect it can be a problem. If, for instance OBJ really does not want to be here and Baker knows it? It's a problem. If Landry is adversely affected by OBJ, that's a problem that affects both of the top WR's on this team. It's too much to ask of any QB to resolve a situation where he does not like OBJ's attitude towards playing with the Browns. Knowing that if OBJ starts yelling at the HC on the sideline Landry will follow OBJ down that same path. Like he did last year. Especially with a rookie HC and FO.

This does not mean I don't like OBJ. Just that he may not be a good fit when his best friend, who is every bit as good is affected by OBJ's pouting when he's not happy. And when OBJ is pouting Landry seems to emulate those frustrations and when both the starting WR's are pouting the QB will soon feel the effect.
great great point {boston accent} SMART! KIDS SMART!
I never thought of that as a problem
I would use pencil
yeah LOL I've probably got 10 1st rd picks there come april
just some pointless fun, the best kind
what kind of jets team would that be though huh? O-line?

Last edited:
Top Bottom