Baker Mayfield 2020 | Page 22 | Barking Hard

Baker Mayfield 2020

ok heres the scenario.baker plays out the rest of the season meh without some sudden improvement vs good D
he goes 3124 yards - 27 TD - 17 INT's
we go 9-7 with a winning season but narrowly miss the last WC spot (the raiders clinch via our loss to them)
do we sign bakers 5th year option in may 2021 after the draft? or do we go another way?
please correct me if I'm wrong but he stands to make 20-30 million $?
I think it would be fairly clear that baker will never be peyton or a similar 1st pick QB talent in this scenario
please consider (its important) our division and how good we will have to be to win in the AFCN in the near future
what say you baker diehards?

Last edited:
I dont know about "star" but If he is the starting QB for the dallas cowboys?
you're kind of a star.he looked great though,the team was raving about his knowledge of the playbook
will he be a long term success? well,the odds are bad but who knows when the next kurt warner is going to come along?
be just our luck he works out..

kid needs a team to give him a chance.

then you get a guy like waller who comes out of no where but without the TE being a big part of the gameplan?
no one would know who waller is

Last edited:
It doesn’t really matter does it?

Texans are a great scenario of having a disaster around a decent qb

we better not lose to them.
These are the types of games that are so frustrating as a “Brownsfan”. Sorry Cliff. The games we are expecting a win from always seem to end up a loss. I’m optimistic, but not confident. Hopefully they prove it on the field....

Yeah... Baker was not awful... He was just a shade better than marginal... But he made the plays when we needed them... But the Run game was the savior today...
You remember a couple years ago when a few of us hear talked about the need to run the ball and play good defense to win this division? I think today was an important step in learning how to win. Albeit a bad Texans team. But we’ll take it.

biggest plus the last 2 weeks throwing in 40-70 mph wind is NO INT for baker. can you imagine last year with Freddie how many INT he would have thrown in these 2 games.
No I cannot. And neither can Baker. I will give it to him. He has shown resilience which is what you need from a franchise qb. He doesn’t care about the last game, or the one in 2 weeks. Only this week which is a good trait to have leading the team

Top Bottom