Baker Mayfield 2020 | Page 23 | Barking Hard

Baker Mayfield 2020

No I cannot. And neither can Baker. I will give it to him. He has shown resilience which is what you need from a franchise qb. He doesn’t care about the last game, or the one in 2 weeks. Only this week which is a good trait to have leading the team

another thing i have noticed since the cincy game he has been pretty darn good in the pocket. he has been stepping up in the pocket instead of rolling out to the right or left at the first sign of pressure. i cant remember once in the last 3 games of him doing that. he used to do it 5 times a game.

i think they are progressing with his fundamentals and his comfort in the offense.

Baker makes me crazy with those balls thrown behind the receiver. But today Watson, who has been a wet dream for many Browns fans, did not look much better.
We know that he will never win games alone. But before throwing him in the toilet and take chances with the new Kizer, McCoy or Weeden, I’d keep who we have.

That's not a correct statement. Watson was extremely accurate within 15 yards. Balls down the field sailed some on him. Meanwhile, Baker was throwing behind and missing wide open WR's 10 yards down the field. Watson has had a stretch of the highest consecutive QBR's the league has ever seen while his team has been losing. Comparing the two at any stage isn't a good idea. Any coach would take Watson over Baker. In our offense, Watson would be even more efficient than he has been in that shitty Houston offense...which is scary.

Baker is still not accurate...which is/was supposed to be his calling card. He is in the bottom 3 QB's in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency; and if you take the last 2 bad weather games out of those stats, he is the worst QB in the NFL on 3rd down. That is alarming.

That having been said, I have noticed some improvement. He has been doing better at not bailing out of the back of the pocket at the first sign of pressure. He no longer has OBJ to force the ball too, so I feel he has looked over the field a little (a very little bit) better so far. He is still missing wide open WR's to go for more difficult throws...but I expect to see more improvement in that area as the year goes on and the weather improves.

I want to see the rest of the season before I make any hard judgements. Remember, Baker did not have a normal off-season to prepare in this offensive scheme. I expect him to continue to get more comfortable and operate more efficiently. I also expect him to be more efficient with OBJ out and the urge to force it to him gone. I also think Stefanski and AVP are getting better and calling plays they know Baker is comfortable with and can execute. That too is work in progress. Lastly, with Chubb and Teller back, defenses will have to respect (and fear) our running game again...and we all know a great running game is a QB's best friend. That should help Baker as well.

We'll see, but Baker is our QBOTF until he isn't.

That's not a correct statement. Watson was extremely accurate within 15 yards. Balls down the field sailed some on him. Meanwhile, Baker was throwing behind and missing wide open WR's 10 yards down the field. Watson has had a stretch of the highest consecutive QBR's the league has ever seen while his team has been losing. Comparing the two at any stage isn't a good idea. Any coach would take Watson over Baker. In our offense, Watson would be even more efficient than he has been in that shitty Houston offense...which is scary.

Baker is still not accurate...which is/was supposed to be his calling card. He is in the bottom 3 QB's in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency; and if you take the last 2 bad weather games out of those stats, he is the worst QB in the NFL on 3rd down. That is alarming.

That having been said, I have noticed some improvement. He has been doing better at not bailing out of the back of the pocket at the first sign of pressure. He no longer has OBJ to force the ball too, so I feel he has looked over the field a little (a very little bit) better so far. He is still missing wide open WR's to go for more difficult throws...but I expect to see more improvement in that area as the year goes on and the weather improves.

I want to see the rest of the season before I make any hard judgements. Remember, Baker did not have a normal off-season to prepare in this offensive scheme. I expect him to continue to get more comfortable and operate more efficiently. I also expect him to be more efficient with OBJ out and the urge to force it to him gone. I also think Stefanski and AVP are getting better and calling plays they know Baker is comfortable with and can execute. That too is work in progress. Lastly, with Chubb and Teller back, defenses will have to respect (and fear) our running game again...and we all know a great running game is a QB's best friend. That should help Baker as well.

We'll see, but Baker is our QBOTF until he isn't.

It's hard to be accurate with cracked ribs.. And cracked ribs don't heal overnight... Most people with bruised ribs can't even lift their arm over their heads let alone toss a pass.... I commend the kid for sucking it up and taking it like a man and at least putting forth the effort to succeed even when the chips are stacked against him...

He's My QB until he's not on the team or retired... Is he the best QB?... Certainly not right now..... I mean even a great Defense can be a QB's best friend in terms of field position...

It's hard to be accurate with cracked ribs.. And cracked ribs don't heal overnight... Most people with bruised ribs can't even lift their arm over their heads let alone toss a pass.... I commend the kid for sucking it up and taking it like a man and at least putting forth the effort to succeed even when the chips are stacked against him...

He's My QB until he's not on the team or retired... Is he the best QB?... Certainly not right now..... I mean even a great Defense can be a QB's best friend in terms of field position...
He’s over that rib injury dipchit. Enough of the excuses already

I want Baker to be the guy. I love his moxy. But I’m not sold. However even with his subpar stats in the last couple of games I thought he played well. He took what was given and didn’t try to force anything. He was sharp in that Raiders game. Had the receivers held onto the ball that game would’ve gone differently.

I want Baker to be the guy. I love his moxy. But I’m not sold. However even with his subpar stats in the last couple of games I thought he played well. He took what was given and didn’t try to force anything. He was sharp in that Raiders game. Had the receivers held onto the ball that game would’ve gone differently.
I would add to your reasons for wanting Baker to be the guy the fact that I bought his jersey last year. If you consider my previous purchases were #92 Courtney Brown, #80 Kellen Winslow II and #10 Brady Quinn....you’ll immediately understand my urgency to wear the same jersey for two or three years in a row... 👀

[EDIT: if also Baker’s shirt will have to go in the old stuff chest, next one will be with my name on... 😉]

You are like a broken record... He was VERY accurate in his first season... so stop the bullshit...
I am talking this year, not 2018. I imagine you were talking this year since you attempted to use the ribs as a reason for his inaccurate passing. But even in 2018 he was not consistently accurate. It's not BS. There is film and box scores to show that.

I am talking this year, not 2018. I imagine you were talking this year since you attempted to use the ribs as a reason for his inaccurate passing. But even in 2018 he was not consistently accurate. It's not BS. There is film and box scores to show that.

Yes... He was bad last year by his own admission... You have any other stupid things to say?

I would add to your reasons for wanting Baker to be the guy the fact that I bought his jersey last year. If you consider my previous purchases were #92 Courtney Brown, #80 Kellen Winslow II and #10 Brady Quinn....you’ll immediately understand my urgency to wear the same jersey for two or three years in a row... 👀

[EDIT: if also Baker’s shirt will have to go in the old stuff chest, next one will be with my name on... 😉]
I know that feel! Had a Brown, Couch, Warren, Quinn... Last jersey I bought was a Ricky Vaughn Tribe jersey. He may be fictional but he ain’t going anywhere lol.

After the Colts game, the team reported that X-rays on Baker's ribs were negative. Then, after the Bengals game, an anonymous 'league source' (not team source) said that he was playing with cracked ribs...which has not been confirmed by the team. So it's mere speculation that there are any 'broken ribs' at this point. Again, not an excuse.

Top Bottom