And with the 26th pick in the 2021 NFL draft ... | Barking Hard

And with the 26th pick in the 2021 NFL draft ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
Here's a good breakdown of where all of our picks have come from.

The Browns are the owners of nine selections in the 2021 NFL Draft.
They hold their own picks in Rounds 1 through 4 and their sixth-round selection.

They also carry:
The Saints' third-round pick (2020 draft day trade, moved down, still got Delpit)
The Eagles' fourth-rounder (DE Genard Avery trade)
The Rams' fifth-rounder (C Austin Corbett trade)
The Bills' seventh-rounder (G Wyatt Teller trade)

Cleveland sent its fifth-round pick to Jacksonville in the trade that landed S Ronnie Harrison.
Cleveland sent its seventh-round pick to Denver in exchange for FB Andy Janovich.

The 2021 NFL Draft, set for April 29 - May 1, will be hosted right in the Browns' backyard in downtown Cleveland.
Fans can sign up for the most up-to-date information on dates, activities and more when they visit NFL.com/2021Draft.

Here's the first-round order up through No. 28.
  1. Jacksonville Jaguars
  2. New York Jets
  3. Miami Dolphins (from Houston Texans)
  4. Atlanta Falcons
  5. Cincinnati Bengals
  6. Philadelphia Eagles
  7. Detroit Lions
  8. Carolina Panthers
  9. Denver Broncos
  10. Dallas Cowboys
  11. New York Giants
  12. San Francisco 49ers
  13. Los Angeles Chargers
  14. Minnesota Vikings
  15. New England Patriots
  16. Arizona Cardinals
  17. Las Vegas Raiders
  18. Miami Dolphins
  19. Washington Football Team
  20. Chicago Bears
  21. Indianapolis Colts
  22. Tennessee Titans
  23. New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)
  24. Pittsburgh Steelers
  25. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Los Angeles Rams)
  26. Cleveland Browns
  27. Baltimore Ravens
  28. New Orleans Saints

Last edited:
We are loaded with picks both in quantity and in quality. AB will have his hands full. If he does well we might have a hell of a team next year.

Half built? Nah.

Delplit, Harrison, Greedy, and Ward are a solid starting 4.
3 of our LB's graded in the top 25, out of 178
Billings is coming back to bolster the D line

Additions? Sure. Changes? Sure. Currently half-built? Nah. Just my 2 cents.

Delpit and Greedy haven’t done anything yet. And......there is no guarantee they will be back to original form or talent level. Only the elite return to being as good or better than prior to an injury. Are we prepared to say a couple blue chip prospects are elite before they’ve done anything at the pro level? I certainly am not.

Let’s say they both return 100% healthy. Now they’ve got to get the reps in and get used to the speed of the game. They also have to blend in and gel with the other guys on the field. It could take a half season for that. Do I think those 2 are better than what we had on the field this year? Probably but just the same, we better get some guys in here who CAN compete with those 2. Backers and line help and another D end. Yeah I’d say we are about half way there......

Oops missed my allotted time to edit. But regarding our linebackers. I saw some flashes but nothing that spells top 10 talent. When I see that these guys have learned to plug and tackle consistently, then I’ll feel better.

But watching Mack and Takitaki hit guys behind the line of scrimmage and bounce off them because they cannot wrap up and it goes from negative yardage to being gashed, that is extremely frustrating to watch. Is it talent? Or is it defensive coaching? No sir! I want to see a defense that dominates and imposes its will. Then I will say we are where we need to be as far as a SuperBowl contender. Even though I was being kinda rah rah in hopes Baker could pull it off.

Half built? Nah.

Delplit, Harrison, Greedy, and Ward are a solid starting 4.
3 of our LB's graded in the top 25, out of 178
Billings is coming back to bolster the D line

Additions? Sure. Changes? Sure. Currently half-built? Nah. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry dude... But our LBers S U C K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am with Stay in this. I can't even put in pencil Delpit and Greedy as upgrades. Delpit hasn't played a single down in the NFL, so he is a complete unknown. Greedy played in 12 games in 2019 (was kind of meh) and didn't play a down in 2020. I would think CLE will still make moves at CB and safety to have a plan B behind those guys.

I am not sure who or where is grading the Browns LBs so high. It certainly isn't in coverage or open field tackling. They can't cover in man or zone. So I expect CLE to add to that room too.

DL is going to need some upgrades for pass rush. Outside of Garrett no one can consistently pressure an opposing QB. Vernon came on for a few games before his injury, but I don't expect CLE to resign him. Even if they did I would think they will still need to add another DE and DT. Obi is an UFA and I don't see CLE franchise tagging him or paying what the FA market is likely to pay him.

On O they are going to need to bring in some guys. Whether they keep OBJ or not they need to add speed at the position (as evident by how KC played them). Higgins is also a UFA again, so no guarantees he is back.

While I don't think a D that is dominant and can impose it's will is a must for a SB, a D which is in or close to top 10 is what you need come playoff time to have a good chance of winning it all.

Oh and some help at returner on STs would be nice.

I also agree with most all of the above with the caveat that we will probably have to assume Delpit can play at a high level in 2021 because we have several holes on defense and we know that one of them is Safety. Delpit's position. We also have a damn good Safety in Harrison that the jaguars bailed out on. That guy can play. Meaning if we have Harrison and Delpit as the starters we can concentrate on LB'ers and DE's.

Obviously where we are in the draft order dictates BPA on the defensive side more than likely, but who knows if a 4.2 WR that can catch slips that far down or a phenomenal TE is there. ( The best TE's usually go late.) I don't see us resigning Njoku because his agent is Rosenhaus and Rosenhaus tries to make himself out to be something he is not at the expense of his clients. Also the best Guards usually fall to late 1st rd. as well as Safeties and LB'ers. All areas of need for us if one considers that Teller is going to get paid next year while Bitonio's contract is a 10 mil cap hit in 2021 and 2022. JC Tretter's cap hit is 11 mil next year and 9.8 in 2022. I can see why Harris was drafted, but Harris needs to get better. All that said and I haven't mentioned Chub.

YIKES!

PS: T Mitch is better than Greedy. (y)

“Assuming” that Delpit and Greedy will play at a high level is setting myself up for disappointments. I will take a wait and see approach. This allows those guys to improve and pass my eye test. I still think they need to bring in competition for those 2. Real competition! Another stud corner and a nickel and dime guy too. Our defense needs some help big time!

I'd rather concentrate on edge help and LB'ers but we do need players everywhere.
“Assuming” that Delpit and Greedy will play at a high level is setting myself up for disappointments. I will take a wait and see approach. This allows those guys to improve and pass my eye test. I still think they need to bring in competition for those 2. Real competition! Another stud corner and a nickel and dime guy too. Our defense needs some help big time!
What do you think of Harrison's play?

I'd rather concentrate on edge help and LB'ers but we do need players everywhere.

What do you think of Harrison's play?
I love Harrison and there’s no way I let him get away. Edge, D line and LB’r certainly would go a long way improving the secondary if the front 4 or 7 can get pressure on ASAP. But Woods has to do a better job of teaching technique and fundamentals. Because we’ve seen the front 4 or 7 get pressure but the db’s were running around like the 4 stooges saying to each other, “I thought you had him”. “I didn’t have him, I thought you had him” frustrating to watch. I hate the bend but don’t break defense that let’s the other team drive at will. I want domination on defense!

As long as we get a defensive player in two of the first three rounds I think we'll see a lot of improvement on D. I believe we'll be better by being in the Same D for another year too.

As far as this year I saw the CB's playing 5 yards off the WR's. They were not going to dominate anyone and I think they knew it. They were playing a safe, physical defense hoping for TO's.

If that’s true, then yes, as another poster used to preach, (RIP Cliff) continuity could be a huge factor for the defense. But Woods still needs to get the most out of these guys. That is his job as DC. Otherwise let’s turn Coach Stefanski loose calling the defense as well.

If that’s true, then yes, as another poster used to preach, (RIP Cliff) continuity could be a huge factor for the defense. But Woods still needs to get the most out of these guys. That is his job as DC. Otherwise let’s turn Coach Stefanski loose calling the defense as well.
Woods probably won't get another year after 2021 if the D is still plays like an average D.

Also this:

Now that's how to be physical within the rules! :devilish:

I was suspended from Twitter for asking if it’s true that Twitter was scensoring free speech so I cannot open those Twitter feeds. Imagine that......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom