And with the 26th pick in the 2021 NFL draft ... | Page 7 | Barking Hard

And with the 26th pick in the 2021 NFL draft ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right? It’s such a basic fundamental. And yet we always seem to be stuck with a bunch of pussies on defense who think they can dive at a rb’s feet and wish him to the ground, or arm tackle a fullback or tightend who has thighs bigger than my waistline lol. Some of this is a product of coaching. Some of these guys need to learn toughness. If I were Stefanski, I would force this defense to watch TB’s defense in that SuperBowl for the next 3 months every day and 3 times on Sundays. Including Woods!

Especially Woods and get a concept of what a pass rush is... LOL!

Watching players like Wilson bounce off running backs and quarterbacks is not a difficult problem to understand.
please show me the highlight reel of wilson missing tackles
I cant believe of all the players this year you're pointing at the playing injured wilson
who damn near put us in the conference final with....a tackle.
our safeties struggled tackling this year more than anyone.

so you think our D scheme is great huh? therefore woods is the man? its the players fault? our sack numbers are because of talent?
come on man

Mack Wilson had 39 tackles in 13 games last season. 1 TFL and 2 Pass Defensed with a 20% MissedTackle rate. I like him, but he's got to get better off his injury marred season. He's one of the reasons we are looking for LB help. He knows he's got some competition coming his way and I hope he gets back to good soon.

cant disagree with any of that.he played in 13 games but had less than half the tackle stats
he had as a rook,so that tells you HOW hurt he really was.he had no choice and the coaches (who kept playing him) didnt either
looking for a huge 2021 campaign from the quiet and understated #51

please show me the highlight reel of wilson missing tackles
I cant believe of all the players this year you're pointing at the playing injured wilson
who damn near put us in the conference final with....a tackle.
our safeties struggled tackling this year more than anyone.

so you think our D scheme is great huh? therefore woods is the man? its the players fault? our sack numbers are because of talent?
come on man
Are you that fucking dense? Go back and look for the film yourself! Huh? Can’t find any film because he was benched for his lack of effort? Oh ok nevermind. No film. Look Manziel the Truth or whoever you are calling yourself these days, and I want you to pay attention now so I don’t have to repeat myself for the third time on this subject with you. I’ll try and say it a little different. “Let me say this in a language we can all easily understand” making 1 play or 1 tackle out of 10 attempts, does not make a guy some kind of NFL superstar. You have to be consistent! When the poor plays outnumber the good plays, you get benched! Which is what happened with him! Not my choice. That was a coaching decision.

what is it y’all said you play down there? Badminton? Croquette? Soccer?. That certainly helps explain why you no comprendo .........

Are you that fucking dense? Go back and look for the film yourself! Huh? Can’t find any film because he was benched for his lack of effort? Oh ok nevermind. No film. Look Manziel the Truth or whoever you are calling yourself these days, and I want you to pay attention now so I don’t have to repeat myself for the third time on this subject with you. I’ll try and say it a little different. “Let me say this in a language we can all easily understand” making 1 play or 1 tackle out of 10 attempts, does not make a guy some kind of NFL superstar. You have to be consistent! When the poor plays outnumber the good plays, you get benched! Which is what happened with him! Not my choice. That was a coaching decision.

what is it y’all said you play down there? Badminton? Croquette? Soccer?. That certainly helps explain why you no comprendo .........

Absolutely gorgeous!

EVERYBODY is looking for pass rushers
that's how TBay beat KC.
and how the Jints beat TBrady twice in SBs.

and I guess you can't have too many weapons.

TB really got a steal getting Fournette for next to nothing. ongoing debate as to how much starting RBs are worth.

you HATE #51 - I geddit. he'll make a fool of you this year bowman.
you seem to have something more personal you want to say
you mad bro?

dont hate it.not a good draft at DT this year.perhaps 3 guys
but you'll have to draft one at #26, be great If it was barmore
If we took nixon or wilson on day 2 instead? that could work as a fallback option sure
If we take a CB or FS in our first picks Im gonna freakout!

I can see us drafting a DB in round 1. It would be conditional on the player being a big CB or a Safety that can play FS/SS and LB. It also depends on what we do in FA. Whether or not we add a DE and a LB.

I hate it.we have 3 very good CB's.why have 4? safety is a good deep class.
the only player where that makes sense is SS richard lecounte - georgia. at 5'11" 200 he is very close match to S winfield jnr.
we dont need another FS behind delpit and redwine.a utility S would be ideal as you say.
who could play SS,FS and LB? one player springs to mind and he is a 4th-5th rd pick,perhaps even later.
#3 SS/FS/LB damar hamlin - PITT
I just think with the DT class so thin you will have to get in rd1 or rd2 to get a starter.or you're drafting another depth guy.
I still cant believe we passed on gallimore last year.
If we dont grab barmore,wilson or nixon I will be bitterly disappoint.

Last edited:
I gave it a try on the fanspeak draft sim.
left barmore on the board to draft lecounte - I really hope that doesnt happen!

26: R1 P26 S Richard LeCounte - Georgia
59: R2 P27 DL Marvin Wilson - Florida State
89: R3 P25 EDGE Patrick Jones II - Pittsburgh
91: R3 P27 WR Amari Rodgers - Clemson
110: R4 P5 LB Charles Snowden - UVA
132: R4 P27 S Damar Hamilin - Pittsburgh
170: R5 P25 CB Deommodore Lenoir - Oregon
212: R6 P26 G Tommy Kraemer - Notre Dame
255: R7 P29 OT Myron Cunningham - Arkansas

#3 SS/FS/LB damar hamlin - PITT

Last edited:
IMO #17 DE weaver PITT is going to go unexpectedly early.perhaps raiders in the 1st rd even.
P jones is rated higher but I think thats because 17 drew doubles all year releasing jones to out stat him
I expect barmore and wilson DT to both go in the 1st rd.If we can get one of them?
weaver is quickly moving up BB all over the place
ATM hes @50 2nd rd - will he be a 1st rounder as predicted 6 weeks ago?

Last year we had a very good 3rd CB in Mitchell. Ward missed a few games. Greedy and Delpit lost the whole season. While I like Redwine we can get a better Safety than him and he would be optimal as the first Safety off the bench in the rotation. While we have Delpit returning we really don't know how much progress he has made. We probably won't know until after day 2 of the draft. If AB didn't draft another Safety in the first three rounds I'm guessing they believe he'll be back strong. I'm like you and I seriously hope we draft no safeties until after the 5th round. At that point it's all BPA anyway and position group takes a back seat to guys that have talent. So in the Manifesto also note Under Talent Acquisition it states be mindful of position scarcity. Which leads one to believe we'll be getting a DT in the 1st.

As a refresher here is the alleged Depodesta Manifesto again:

Depo's Manifesto.jpg

holy crapola! QB? keep investing? well,this is the year you might get a starter at QB at #26
lance looks like #5 mcnabb born again.wilson is a bust! johnny football #2.
newman would be interesting as a running QB in rd 2. Ian book (another shorty) would be there whenever.
I hope we dont burn a 1st on a QB or a CB though.that would be..unpopular.
dont pay for depth.I like that part. I think its DT,DE,WR,SS and LB.5 positions of need.in no order.
truth is the LB,S and WR classes are much deeper than DT,DE in 2021.it makes sense to draft them later
we can draft QB's and CB's and whomever after these picks.please god please.
BTW do we have 2 x 5th rd picks? or just the 1? cheers

Last edited:
how much can we realistically afford to pay JJ? he'd be great as a leader up front.
it wouldn't change my draft though. he's not an every down guy anymore

As many guys that are fixing to be let go, money isn’t an issue as far as a cap hit. I think 9 or 10 mil is equitable for the Browns. But will JJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom