Browns Game Thread - WEEK 5- BROWNS AT CHARGERS | Page 7 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread WEEK 5- BROWNS AT CHARGERS

You are very wrong.
Watch the tape. Baker left play after important play on the field. He just CAN'T SEE THE FIELD. He is great at throwing screens, and short to intermediate drawn up plays. But if that option is covered he is GOD AWFUL at finding the open player. Sorry! And, he can't hit the broad side of a barn on down the field passes. When was the last one, game 1?

Watch the tape. Baker left play after important play on the field. He just CAN'T SEE THE FIELD. He is great at throwing screens, and short to intermediate drawn up plays. But if that option is covered he is GOD AWFUL at finding the open player. Sorry! And, he can't hit the broad side of a barn on down the field passes. When was the last one, game 1?

Baker was fab today... What game were you watchin'?

I really did not expect to win today. Herbert is something our defense is not set up to handle, Just like Mahomes. We have problems with our deep coverage by virtue of Woods or the the players or the scheme. Teams like this beat us. This was a really good game if you look past the fact that we lost. Baker showed up, they game planned Njoku. I say all good, we simply lost

Baker is the lone remaining limiting factor. I really want to know how the deep-dive analytics grade Baker on the plays where he winds up and then pulls it back in, frenetically, 2 or 3x, and then starts to jitter around like a twit until he throws it away, runs and slides for 1-2 yards, shovel passes to a RB for 1-2 yards, or gets sacked. Like, are our receivers truly just never getting open? If that's the case, it seems that's on Stefanski (b/c you can't tell me OBJ can't get open). I think Baker's lack of touch on downfield throws (especially when his receiver is streaking wide open) is what limits the offense. Baker limits Stefanski's ability to call a more aggressive offense, is I guess what I'm trying to say. So, I agree with those who question whether Baker is 'the guy.' I am not convinced that he is. Especially when he checks into a run play on 3rd and 10 in our own 3rd of the field. WTF was he thinking, there.

Baker is the lone remaining limiting factor. I really want to know how the deep-dive analytics grade Baker on the plays where he winds up and then pulls it back in, frenetically, 2 or 3x, and then starts to jitter around like a twit until he throws it away, runs and slides for 1-2 yards, shovel passes to a RB for 1-2 yards, or gets sacked. Like, are our receivers truly just never getting open? If that's the case, it seems that's on Stefanski (b/c you can't tell me OBJ can't get open). I think Baker's lack of touch on downfield throws (especially when his receiver is streaking wide open) is what limits the offense. Baker limits Stefanski's ability to call a more aggressive offense, is I guess what I'm trying to say. So, I agree with those who question whether Baker is 'the guy.' I am not convinced that he is. Especially when he checks into a run play on 3rd and 10 in our own 3rd of the field. WTF was he thinking, there.

You idiots forgot,,, He was "The best deep passer in Football last year"... I want to see one of you try to heave an accurate deep pass with a Harness on...

Baker had a single throw today that was impressive - the one where he finally ripped it downfield to Njoku. The fact that that play went for ~70 yards and a touchdown was a fluke - as we all saw, it only happened that way because the safety botched the tackle. If he doesn't, then Baker's long throw (and ONLY long throw) was that one, to Njoku, for like . . . 20-25 yards. He's not able to open up the field beyond 10-12 yards past the line of scrimmage. His limitations (height, touch) severely limit the offense. Hell if I was OBJ I'd request a trade straightaway. There's no opportunity for a receiver like him in our offense. Not sure I blame him for dropping the ball - he's understandably a little rusty after being targeted like twice all season.

23 for 32 305 yds 2 TD 0 INT and you say he's not good?

EDIT (thanks @nickers for reminding me): playing hurt with a shoulder protection

Imagine looking past the facts to the statistics. Bottom line, Mayfield lost us that game, multiple times where Stefanski had schemed WIDE OPEN players and Mayfield was oblivious to them. He also ignored wide open players right in front of his face. He had at least 3 easy opportunities to put the game away and blew it. No he should not have to score 40+ points, but he has one of the most loaded offenses at his disposal I have ever seen. This loss is at Joe Woods feet, but a franchise QB who can read an entire field would have easily taken this one home.

You go tell her since your so butt hurt over one loss... I had a feeling we were gonna drop this one... I give Baker props for sucking it up like a Man and going out there... She'll tell you like I would tell you... FUCK OFF!..
Of course you had that feeling. Because you have no faith in our QB, other than when he is balls deep in your ass. You thought Baker Mayfield with the most loaded offense in the NFL was going to lose to a 2nd year QB with no RB. Well done, you were right.

Enjoy the loss nickers. It will cost us at the end of the season. Of course you will still be gargling on Baker's nuts, so you won't mind. Pay him! You will opine. Top 5 QB you will moan. After his balls are clean, you will come here and possibly repeat your kink in the form of a football post.

Rotum GIF

Did you guys see the low pass Baker tossed to Hooper for the 2-pt conversion? He might not be (and he is not) Brady or Mahomes but we are not losing games because of him.
Cool 2 yard pass. Drawn up. We already established he's good at that. One impressive pass the entire game to NJoku. Poor OBJ. We have one of the greatest deep threats in the NFL and can't use him. Sucks.

Top Bottom