Browns - Deshaun Watson - Football Talk | Page 27 | Barking Hard

Browns Deshaun Watson - Football Talk

Lamar too cheap to pay a Agent has cost him 50-70 Million he should have in the bank.

If he turned down 133 mil good luck with that. in the near future these FO people are going to learn they need 2 or 3 of these pass run QB's to make it thru a season thus devaluing them.

This Watson deal is a Unicorn. likely 5+ years before anyone gets another one that high.

Not having an agent hasn't cost Jackson any money. Having one might have cost him on what he puts in the bank when this is all said and done. Barring a career killing injury Jackson's bank account is just going to get bigger than what he is asking for. He plays on the exclusive franchise tag he has 45M guaranteed for 2023. The next year if tagged again it goes up. It also them sets the starting point of annual pay at 45M I'm contract negotiations. In the end BALT has botched this. They should have locked him up to an extension before the Watson contract happened. Balt is basically heading down the same path DAL did with Dak.

Good news is if this doesn't turn in to a tag and trade situation balt is going to have serious cap issues for the next few years

He's improved throwing the ball but I still don't think he's capable of standing tall in the pocket, reading the D, making the right decision and throwing darts.

To be fair DW did it a couple of times in his short time here.

Not having an agent hasn't cost Jackson any money.

They should have locked him up to an extension before the Watson contract happened.
Both cannot be true.
If he had paid the Agent the deal would be done long ago. or he would have held out. 50 mil or more Guaranteed.
besides it's just dumb not to have a Agent the can get you more side money than you can get on your own. good ones pay for themselves.
Balt is basically heading down the same path DAL did with Dak.

The Ravens have never shown they are as poorly run as the Cowboys. but we will see

I would not pay him anymore. work on a sign & trade on these damaged goods, and move on. this did not work out for them.

Last edited:
Thank you
For giving me more reason to live. see you in 2025 on this one. :giggle:
Damn it old man. Don't kick the bucket just yet.
Yelling Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

I was just thinking... The other thing that goes against Jackson is 0 playoff victories... Not saying that's entirely his fault but he does bear some responsibility in that... Which makes that even more amazing to me we gave Watson such a sweet deal for really producing nothing but personal stats for himself...

At some point soon the NFL is going to realize the way to go at QB is a big enough guy who can throw darts from the pocket and doesn't get rattled when under pressure. Running is nice but all that is needed is from a QB is to be reasonably elusive and/or hard to bring down. Running QB's will get hurt and like Jackson, will miss multiple games and over a shorter time their skills will erode due to those injuries.

At some point soon the NFL is going to realize the way to go at QB is a big enough guy who can throw darts from the pocket and doesn't get rattled when under pressure. Running is nice but all that is needed is from a QB is to be reasonably elusive and/or hard to bring down. Running QB's will get hurt and like Jackson, will miss multiple games and over a shorter time their skills will erode due to those injuries.
Fact is the NFL can Only get what the NCAA puts out. in the past the run first QB was just not going to get a chance. it was sometimes called racism. and there was that. Warren Moon should have played in the NFL day one. in the past teams would have pocket passers thru out the league no matter how poor they were.

Advanced evaluation/teaching tools will come along soon is my guess. for finding/teaching wide angle vision downfield. and developing that skillset.

^^
"it was sometimes called racism" was and still is laughable BS if the "it" you're referring to is a QB that can run better than throw, back in the '80's and 90's.

The run game was very much alive and well then and not a second thought given that the best RB's ran the ball at least 25 times every single game. So, a running QB wasn't even required and still isn't a requirement.

Just ask Chad Henne!

Top Bottom