Browns Game Thread - Bengals v Browns Game 7 | Page 11 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Bengals v Browns Game 7

One thing that disturbs me... I'm not one bit impressed with Mack Wilson.. He already looks old and slow... Can we package him,Njoku and OBJ and get a real fucking Lb'er on this team?
I'd heard Mack was playing hurt still. He's not at 100% now and likely should not have been out there the last couple weeks. He made a good PBU at the goal line in this game too. I'd give him a little more time. He at least is fighting through his injury. The guy I've been impressed with is Goodson. He's everywhere on film.

i am pretty sure mack is the least of the problems. the problems are they are having linebackers cover wide receivers. the players and the scheme don't fit.

look at the 2017-2018 49ers defense was bottom 1/3 and the 2019-2020 has been top 5. it takes a minute to get the players for the scheme.

Or you can scheme to the players you have. I'm sure there's some flexibility, but we're mostly running a nickle D as our base these days. I'll check on that, but with all the passing in this game if we ain't running nickle Stefanski needs to have a talk with Woods about what we're doing with this defense.

1. Baker had the exact game he needed to have
2. I'm starting to think Baker has chemistry with every receiver, except OBJ.
3. I'm not seeing a dramatic mechanism of injury on OBJ, and I don't get what he was trying to do jumping sideways into a pile like that. I smell some sports psychology in there.
4. It's clear the loss of OBJ isn't a bad thing. Baker is clearly better without him. Sometimes, it's just not a fit.
5. I'm a little surprised Harrison Byrant is TE1 sans Hoop. Njoku looks as unhappy as we've seen him. Bryant of course had a hellah game.
6. PFF says Jed had another very good pass blocking game.
7. Can't wait to get Teller and Chubb back, idc how well people say Hubb is doing, we're better with Chubb and Teller.
8. T-Mitch dropped two potential INT's, and in a normal Browns year, that would have sunk us.
9. Other than OBJ, we escaped injury free. Trett will prob have his typical week of practice, and still play.
10. I can't believe KS is 5-2 as a rookie HC with an iPad off season. And his 2nd half adjustments have been great, as well as his on-point clock management. So smoothly done yesterday we didn't even bring it up. Anyone still want 2-win Mike McCarthy or Brady-less Josh McDaniels?

Last edited:
I mean, I truly hope OBJ is okay, and I also truly am not worried about Baker in an OBJ-less offense.

Jarvis, Higgs, and DPJ are totally fine for me. DPJ may be the Breshad Perryman replacement.
Again, let's just get Trett and Chubb back. BIG game vs the Raiders, and it's prob tempting to hold them out through the bye, but if they're ready, let's roll.

Grossi predicted a 6-10 season. Would love to have those 6 wins in the pocket at the break.

Last edited:
is it a coincidence that teller goes out and the browns haven't really been able to run the ball? are teams adjusting to the browns run game?

the browns dont need a superstar WR. baker has always had a connection with Higgins and landry since day 1. you can add Harrison Bryant, he seriously looked like a young Zach Ertz out there yesterday.

Or you can scheme to the players you have. I'm sure there's some flexibility, but we're mostly running a nickle D as our base these days. I'll check on that, but with all the passing in this game if we ain't running nickle Stefanski needs to have a talk with Woods about what we're doing with this defense.
it sets up like standard 4-3 but one of those OLB is our nickel CB who drops in coverage.
making it nickel with 2 deep safeties
we also run cover1 and cover2 of course
a bit of deception but really its a simple D
pendejo being carved in stone at FS is a major part of our problem

Gotta agree with ocon in regards to obj. He's an excellent player but it's almost like you Have to get him the ball. When he's out Baker is going to go to the open receiver. Yesterday he found everybody.

im in the camp of lets get rid of OBJ and draft WR's every year in the 3rd and 4th RD and see who sticks. kind of like what Pittsburgh does they have johnson, claypool, juju, some other guys that play well.

you just dont know who is going to have a connection to the QB it seems madding to try and force star WR's with Qb's

Totally agree.

Jarvis is a star WR, but he's so unique. A true team-guy. Not a diva.
OBJ says the right things, "just want to win" etc, but his actions don't quite line up.

I'm so ready for the trio of Juice, Higgs, and DPJ (which is exactly the type of WRE ESD is referencing). If we don't like the PS WR's, Switzer and Moore, then Dez Bryant and DJ Montgomery are on practice squads at the moment. I'd favor DJ tbh. Less of a Diva and knows our system already.

Top Bottom