Browns Game Thread - Week 7 - Browns Hosting the Broncos | Page 7 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Week 7 - Browns Hosting the Broncos

Baker should miss several games if not shelved. He has a broken bone in his shoulder. I have thoughts. I wanna see more of Case though. Case is everything I wish Baker was and Baker is everything I wish Case was. In other words, neither is a franchise QB. They are both journeymen. One has a rocket arm with ZERO touch and a difficulty seeing the field. The other see's the field, has great touch, and a noodle arm.

That was boring for a non browns fan. for me it seemed like we should of won that game by alot more than 3 points.
We dominated, beating them at everything even penalties oops.

Johnson won over a bunch of fans tonight. Case was very workman like with a few iffy decisions but also some nice touch on passes. The O will still need to evolve with Case. I'll be surprised if Baker is back in less than 3 weeks.

I was really pissed at Stefanski for not using Johnson last Sunday vs the Cardinals with Chubb hurt. He is more a replacement for Chubb than Hunt. D'Ernest is more a "north-south" running back.
I think next offseason one between Hunt and Johnson will go. If Felton improves through the year, it migh well be that Johnson stays. But he should be off to bigger money with an other team.

I was really pissed at Stefanski for not using Johnson last Sunday vs the Cardinals with Chubb hurt. He is more a replacement for Chubb than Hunt. D'Ernest is more a "north-south" running back.
I think next offseason one between Hunt and Johnson will go. If Felton improves through the year, it migh well be that Johnson stays. But he should be off to bigger money with an other team.
Johnson is a big ST's contributor. I don't think he's leaving until we have a reasonable ST's replacement for him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: they need to shut Baker down for the rest of the season, get the surgery he needs, come back next season 100%. He's not going to play well even if he takes 3 games off or 4 or 5. It's not a minor injury. You use all your upper body to accurately throw a football. Baker threw the ball extremely well against the Chiefs. And until he tried the tackle. He's not going to throw it well until he gets well.

Excellent observation Marty. Except Baker played pretty well against the chargers. The D cost us that game.

For the most part I can say our offense has played well enough to win. Even with Keenum as the starter. I can not say the same about our defense.
He did play pretty good against the Chargers. But you could tell he wasn't 100%. I like the kid. He's got Cleveland written all over him. He works hard. He plays his ass off. I hope he's good enough. I'm not ready to say he is or isn't. But he is hurt and you have to take that into consideration. It ain't because he's short.

I like the kid too. He doesn't always work hard. He has taken offseason's off. He escapes Cleveland the second he can and doesn't call it home, like the leader of our team Jarvis Landry does. He plays his ass off every once in a while. He hasn't been good enough. And after 4 years we have seen what he has to offer. Agreed, his height isn't what makes him not good enough. It's his height, combined with his lack of speed, combined with his lack of touch, combined with his lack of vision. Hell of an arm though, and lots of moxy, so there's that.

I can not disagree with either of you, so I guess I'll need more time.

The one thing he does have is accuracy. Nobody was complaining when earlier when he was at the top of the league completing 75% or more of his attempts. And for me accuracy is the most critical attribute.

Now that we'll be getting starting Tackles Conklin and Wills back, Hance can go back to being the backup OLine Swiss Army knife and I think we'll see an even better game out of whoever the QB is.

Yah well I have more to say on that too. Baker's accuracy was not all that, and we were questioning him big time until Stefanski showed up with his offense that make guys like our backup QB look like legit starters, and meanwhile minimizes what a good QBs is capable of. Might start a new thread at some point. It's all so clear to me now. If we are stuck with a Stefanski offense, we can sign Fitzmagic next season and be just as good or better than we are with Baker. I'm not going to get into it in this thread.

Yah well I have more to say on that too. Baker's accuracy was not all that, and we were questioning him big time until Stefanski showed up with his offense that make guys like our backup QB look like legit starters, and meanwhile minimizes what a good QBs is capable of. Might start a new thread at some point. It's all so clear to me now. If we are stuck with a Stefanski offense, we can sign Fitzmagic next season and be just as good or better than we are with Baker. I'm not going to get into it in this thread.
NP. This thread needs an enema!

scared season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

Top Bottom