2016 Tribe in 1st place | Barking Hard

2016 Tribe in 1st place

jaydog

Legend
Awards
Just thought I'd start an updated thread for these guys that are freakin' mauling and there just ain't a lot of attention.

God bless these mother fuckin' balling boys of summer! :boxing:

I like boxing dude, but he should be tap-tap to the left then hammer to the right. ;)

Hope the Tribe can keep it up. I don't know if it is still the case, they were undefeated 3-0 after the Cavs won the title but it's been a bit since then. Either way, glad to see they're still in first. Fuck the Royals. My Blue Jays helped the cause by beating the White Sox yesterday.

Thanks for the Jays help EE. It all counts and it's a loooong season.

Another fine performance today and we've won 9 in a row and our last loss was against the Royals Wed 6-15.

The Cavs won the championship on Sun 6-19 so we started the run at virtually the same point the Cavs started their championship run.

9 games is the longest winning streak in MLB this season.

Indians have had one helluva week.
The pitching has been ace (back-to-back complete games) and we have seen a 4 homer game followed by a game where we hit 4 homers in one inning and then of course the 4 triple game (3 in an inning).

Everything is clicking right now.

...and we're up to 10 in a row, playing a bad Atlanta Braves team in Atlanta. :supercool:

They managed to take a game from us when the Jays played them, and then the next night out we scored like 12-14 runs on them lol.

I've got Kluber and one other member of the Tribe on my fantasy team. Kluber has been pitching really well.

The streak is up to 12 and we got a 6 game cushion over the 2nd place Royals.

I saw Kluber saying the streak doesn't matter as much as guys getting good at bats and making quality pitches.

Sounds similar to LBJ when he said we just gotta take it one possession at a time an let the chips fall as they may knowing we gave it our best.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWindians!!!!!!!!

13 in a row and a good matchup going into today's game to stretch it to 14.

the last 2 games of the series will be close though. Two good pitchers going up against each other in each of those games.

Be nice to get to the magical 21 figure, but I will just be happy to get to 20 games over /500

Every goddamn Jays game I watch is fucking RA Dickey and he's goddamn 4-9 now.

Today's Canada Day game should be interesting. Really looking forward to it. Cleveland's pitching is lights out, whoever was on the mound yesterday... Carrasco? Did a great job.

Dickey stinks!!!;)

Carrasco aka "Cookie" is a legit 1 on most every staff as is Kluber and Salazar. Tomlin and Bauer are also damn good starters.

Yeah the Indians rotation is stacked and also the cheapest in baseball, apparently?

Gonna suck when it comes time to re-up these guys. With the owner being notoriously cheap, wonder if you'll be able to keep 3 of em.

Rumor has it the Dolan's are looking to sell, but can't find a buyer. Heard that on the RBS 850 AM a couple times in the last few weeks.

Upsetting that it takes a giant win streak for this section of the forum to be active.

As for our rotation:

Kluber won't be a FA till 2022.
Carrasco won't be a FA till 2021.
Tomlin won't be a FA till 2019.
Danny Salazar won't be a FA till 2021.
Bauer won't be a FA till 2021.

Salazar and Bauer will most likely be signing extensions this off seasons to buy out their arbitration years and a year or two of their free agency years. Both guys are only 26.

The Indians also have one of the best farm systems for pitching right now. And by the time some of these guys are gone, we will have replacements unless we trade them away. Guys like Bradey Aiken, Juan Hillman, Triston McKenzie, Justus Sheffield, Shawn Morimando, and Mike Clevinger are all great prospects with extreme upside potential.

On top of that, Lindor was just the start of our offensive Rookies. Clint Frazier is destroying everything in his path on the Rubber ducks this year, Bradley Zimmer has the potential to be a 40SB/20HR guy with plus defense. Bobby Bradley also has some of the best power potential of any prospect in baseball.

In other words, Cleveland fans should be packing into the stadium for years with all of the potential this year has now, and in the future. Hopefully that's the case and we will see if this winning streak changes our League worst Attendance record.

Top Bottom