2017 All Things Tribe | Barking Hard

2017 All Things Tribe

jaydog

Legend
Awards
I just saw that Kipnis has a sore shoulder and thought we need to update to 2017 Tribe talk.

Anyway, this could be huge. It's been reported his shoulder has been screwed up since almost the start of cactus league play.

SIT HIM AND DO THE SURGERY NECASSARY NOW!

Make sure he's ready for October baseball and forget opening day. We're better off in the long run. See Brantley.

Also the rookie Bradley Zimmer has earned a spot. Bar none. He's played better than Almonte and Byrd. This guy stays. He earned it!

Haven't seen much spring action, outside the Blue Jays getting rocked by Team Canada...

How's EE looking for you guys?

I've not heard anything about him. Everything is about Kipnis' shoulder and recently I heard that the starting rotation have all been doing well along with Zimmer.

Also Urshela might play 3rd base and Jose Ramirez move to 2nd until "Dirtbag" can play 2nd.

This Kipnis thing is bad. First it was just rest for a couple of weeks and now he'll miss two weeks of the season to start.

If his shoulder is that bad do surgery now. Fix it right, now. Same for Carrasco. Fix it now.

On the plus side Bradley Zimmer and Yandy Diaz have looked good in spring along with Lindor of course.

2-0 with a loaded looking line-up, and that's BEFORE Kip and BigLon return!!

--

Oh, and I'll just leave this good baseball fun here: https://twitter.com/NBA_CentraI/status/849463163645022208

(embedding hiccuping at the moment)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Piscotty is the new Scott Sterling<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/cffqDKNnMY">pic.twitter.com/cffqDKNnMY</a></p>— NBA Central (@NBA_CentraI) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA_CentraI/status/849463163645022208">April 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hole-eeee-shite!! What a night!! Cavs and Tribe!!!!!

There's only one thing left to do. Draft Trubisky.

And now that they lost yesterday we can talk about how their starting pitching has been...well horrible.

Commissioner Manfred wants Chief Wahoo gone. Sad. I always liked the logo and never thought of it as racist until I was told it was.

Chief Wahoo

How is the Tribe looking thus far?

Sure do miss EE in Toronto, though the Blue Jays are turning it around after a red-hot May.

They're up and down. Their starting pitching has been shit. Their lineup is ok and it's added up to a lot of innings on the bullpen.

EE started off cold,but has picked it up recently and the rookie Zimmer has been just STELLAR. In center field and at the plate. He can fly man! He reminds me of Richie Sexton being tall, but with way more speed and a + glove.

The other 30 year old rookie Daniel Robertson has made some plays too in right field. He's not a true rookie as he's played a bit of MLB in short stints with Texas and Anaheim.

The one thing I love about the baseball season is that it's long enough for good teams to work out their kinks and still make a playoff push if they stumble out of the gate. The Tribe should recover, they've got a good team and a good manager. Sometimes it just takes some time. Are your pitchers dealing with injuries again like last year or just inconsistent?

A little of both. Kluber missed a month. Cookie missed a start, maybe two, due to a pec injury I'm not sure now.

Salazar is currently out with swelling in his shoulder. He's been sent to AA on a "rehab assignment". Sounds like a way to get around his lack of options. Find an injury and demote him.

Not to mention Guyer, being out and Chisenhall was just activated from concussion protocol yesterday and Abe Almonte has a high grade strain of his right biceps tendon.

The rookie Brad Zimmer is balling though. He was brought up and has played very well. He should've broke camp on the 25 man roster, but whatever. He's here now doing well.

Tribe is hot! On a 5 game streak heading into tomorrows game at B'more. Kluber to kick off the 4 game set. Bauer and Clevinger pitching well lately. Encarnacion and Jose' raking. It's all good.

Meanwhile my Blue Jays are 0-8 in games where they are attempting to get over .500 and have been outscored by probably close to 60 runs in those games.

Top Bottom