2017 Prospect - QB Deshaun Watson | Barking Hard

2017 Prospect - QB Deshaun Watson

The_QCT

Resident CFB Guru
Awards
Best player in college football in 2016; and without a doubt in 2017. Might as well get a thread going since we will have the #1 pick in the 2017 draft.

First player in NCAA history to pass for 4000 and rush for 1000 in the same season.

Last edited:
Watson is the fucking truth. That is all. I watched a few Clemson games last year and sort of had to roll my eyes at him like "Fuck off, that's not even possible." I do the same shit when watching Steph Curry (Sorry, Cavs fans) doing his thing from the triple.

I really like Jared Goff. I think he can be a very good quarterback, with pro-bowl potential. Goff is about 1/2 of where I'd currently put Watson. Currently, as a sophomore, entering his junior year when young quarterbacks tend to really come into their own. That's not a knock on Goff, he's a fantastic prospect, but Watson just that stupidly talented.

Either something goes horribly wrong, or there isn't much debate around who goes #1 next year.

Pay attention to #8 in the video, WR Deon Cain. He was a true Freshman and came on big time the 2nd half of the year until he got suspended for the Orange Bowl and natty for smoking pot. Kid has it all...size, speed, hands, moves...he's a future superstar. Another one in our long line of superstar WR's.

2017 draft:
- Mike Williams: might be #1 WR in America this season
- Artavis Scott: Jr WR who could leave early
- Jordan Leggett: arguably the #1 TE in America this season

2018 draft:
- Deon Cain

2019/2020 will be LOADED --- #WRU

Powell, Chase and Overton are all studs who are coming in this year. We lead big for Tee Higgins (AJ Green clone) and JJ Robinson (Julio Jones 2.0)...neither are hyperbole or exaggerations on these two's level of talent. Oh, and we already have Amari Rodgers committed (go watch his film from The Opening were he was WR MVP of the camp). The WRU moniker is not going anywhere as we will be loaded for the foreseeable future at that position.

FTR - After Watson, we will be loaded at QB. Zerrick Cooper is coming in this year (stronger arm than Watson, and mobile); the #1 QB in the 2017 class already committed, Hunter Johnson; as is Chase Brice, who just dominated The Opening in Atlanta. We also already have Kelly Bryant on campus...whose nickname in high school was Baby Cam. If they can refine his passing, he will be an absolute stud. And we are currently in the Top for the #1 QB in the 2018 class.

Needless to say...we aren't going anywhere any time soon. Clemson is here to stay.

Last edited:
If you have a moment, watch this. It will show you another side of Deshaun and show you how humble this kid is. From his mom's cancer to receiving a Habitat for Humanity home...he's not only persevered, but flourished. He really is everything you want on and off the field in a QB. Great kid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom