2018-19 Cavaliers & Cllin Sexton | Page 13 | Barking Hard

2018-19 Cavaliers & Cllin Sexton

I still think we can get an excellent player at 5.

How is it that the number five pick overall is a lame pick? The fifth best player in the draft is so horrible that he can't be an all start type talent? Bullshit! With the number five pick we should get an outstanding player for years to come.

It's the whole idea of a lottery that chaps my ass. That system is done in secrecy and likely rigged otherwise it would be more transparent than the NBA saying people watch it so it's ok.

thumbdown

At #5

I would be more hyped if Beilein was in his 50s. good luck

At #5 we could get the best player or a guy who's playing in Spain/Mexico in 5 years. lol
so many factors health being at the top. so many over my years just couldn't stay out on the court. mostly #5 picks don't change your team. best we can hope for is a starter for years to come.

Who are the best shooters in the 2019 NBA Draft?
https://basketballsocietyonline.com/who-are-the-best-shooters-in-the-2019-nba-draft

Last edited:
If we analyze the talent properly we should get a good player. I'm not as comfortable analyzing college basketball players as much as I am football players, but I'm sure Dan has reasonably good guesses on who will be available at 5.

One thing I know is these college shooters will have to launch quicker and with a hand in the face and still be reasonably reliable from a deeper range than college and it would be nice if they have some ability to create their own shot.

I see some of these kids film and they're making uncontested threes. That will not be the case in the NBA most all of the time. Let's see some off balance shots in a congested lane maybe, eh? Lets see guys passing the ball around before it comes back to them and they make a shot over top of a defender who's in their face. Those are the guys that will have a better chance to be good players I think.

Well, I guess I was wrong about the Lakers and Knicks getting the #1 and #2 picks, but they got the #3 and #4 picks ... so ... sorta kinda maybe rigged? Maybe I'm just trying to cover my ass.

Anyways, this is not about the Knicks and Lakers, this is about the CAVS, and I think they can find a good enough talent at #5 to be a very good contributor (Hunter, Culver, Bol, Hayes, and Garland all fit that bill, maybe even Coby White).

The #26 pick may need another pick in the #20s to move up to #15ish to get Porter, Jr. and have Beilein reign in Porter's stupidity and develop him (Like maybe JR Smith's $3.8M buyout and a 2nd rounder in exchange for a #20s-ish and a player with 2 years and $30M left on his contract). I'm looking at Boston, OKC, Utah, Philly, Portland... So 2 #20s to move up to DET's #15...

-Al, just no Reddish, please NO!!!

Wide open looks

One thing I know is these college shooters will have to launch quicker and with a hand in the face and still be reasonably reliable from a deeper range than college and it would be nice if they have some ability to create their own shot.

I see some of these kids film and they're making uncontested threes. That will not be the case in the NBA most all of the time.

I don't totally disagree with what you are saying, but.... guys are getting Wide open looks every night in the NBA. See Curry in game 1 ?

In this age of 3s watching guy miss those Wide open looks kills your team. recall LBJ getting guys ALL those Wide open looks that were missed ?

Watch Hardin He's not a quick guy but he controls a small area to find a small window of openness. very sly him and others.

If we can get a +defender for the perimeter who is efficient on offense that would be a huge fit for us, but I'm guessing every other team not in the top 5 wants that too.

We defended Curry very well on the perimeter when we had the team clicking with Lebron. Switching off to different guys worked pretty well.

I like the coach. He's just a little older and that doesn't mean anything. Everybody wants a young coach, but if we can get a good coach why is that a bad thing?

And maybe we can develop a young guy to take over when he leaves.

:eek:ldtimer:

20-25 wins sounds about right for this team. I don't foresee a drastic improvement for the Cavs but if they aren't hit by injuries too badly it could be in the 30's.

Onward

For the next few years it's all about The Process on draft day. or do we drift into a abyss like the Pacers, playing for for a sixth to eighth seed FOREVER.

I think we're usually in the abyss except for the LBJ years and a nice run in the 90's and The Miracle of Richfield that wasn't really a miracle.

:fish2:

The Miracle of Richfield

But it was. we had only been around a few years. the building itself was a miracle. Nick was just the hardest worker/Dreamer in our sports history. taking nothing away from Paul Brown the best x's & o's man of his time.

If he had got a fair shake from the city it could of been even better for the team. but just like Art he got fucked around.

The late 80s & 90's was thru the draft just like LBJ. we just gotta hit on these picks over the next few years. and not take the Dion Waiters & Anthony Bennetts.

What was the miracle? Winning a few playoff games?

A new building isn't a miracle whether or not Mileti was jacked around by the city.

And drafting #1 overall is not really a miracle. We did that a year or two before with Irving.

I just don't see the miracle of Richfield it as a miracle unless we would have won it all. Then it truly would have been a miracle.

Elephant shit

I didn't name it that. but it fit. guess you had to be in that moment.

The old arena downtown smelled like piss, till about halftime when the smokers made it better. that's how bad it was. even after the circus left it smelling like elephant shit was better than it's normal odor. LOL

The old arena was awesome! Mostly cause I was a little rug rat at the time. I remember going with my Dad to see the Barons in that building.

And yeah the smoke was thick, but I didn't care.
:ciggs:

Barons games

Then you are older than I thought ! :yo: lol

One cool thing about the arena was after those Barons games was you could rent skates and go out on the ice.

Then you might remember the smell of baseball peanut shells & cigars. it was heavenly

Top Bottom