2018 All Things Tribe | Page 11 | Barking Hard

2018 All Things Tribe

Sounds like some piss poor managing but frankly baseball managers get a bit silly (desperate) this time of year.

It's evident The Tribe has some kinks they need to iron out in the off-season.

A good read from Pluto about the Tribe. He's saying it was the damn BP that really blew this post season.

I read an article about it, Chuck.

It's pretty hilarious, if true would be the baseball scandal of the decade. We're the Astros not involved in that hacking event a while back?

Apparently the Astros got off but I still have my doubts. I wonder why that's how the Sox beat them, more eyes on them. Moot now but the Tribe were 4-3 against the Red Sox this year

I can't even watch the Series. It's an ESPN goat fuck!

The espn show right after the sox won espn was espn clapping for the sox. Then the dumb shit brawd added even more stupid by saying,
"Remember it wasn't that long ago when the red sox were lovable losers in the playoffs?!"

I was like are you fucking kidding me?! Clapping for a team? Then waxing fucking stupid about them?

Still they got what they wanted. East coast vs west coast. Aaannnd, they even got Boston and LA.

Fuck you espn!:fuck:kissmyarse

A good read from Pluto about the Tribe. He's saying it was the damn BP that really blew this post season.

The hope that Francona disappears with his bubblegum waded "cud"

I can't even watch the Series. It's an ESPN goat fuck!

The espn show right after the sox won espn was espn clapping for the sox. Then the dumb shit brawd added even more stupid by saying,
"Remember it wasn't that long ago when the red sox were lovable losers in the playoffs?!"

I was like are you fucking kidding me?! Clapping for a team? Then waxing fucking stupid about them?

Still they got what they wanted. East coast vs west coast. Aaannnd, they even got Boston and LA.

Fuck you espn!:fuck:kissmyarse

ESPN and sports reporting are really nothing more than cartoons

You can't misrepresent other cultures in this modern age. It's a whole other discussion but I do find myself in the "Wahoo is Wack" side of the spectrum...

It's from a different time, and it's time to move on.

Not me. It's just a cartoon like character. It is old though and moving on is fine, but to a block C?

Oooooohh…*drool*

There's just not a lot of imagination with a letter of the alphabet.

How about a bow and arrow with the bow in the shape of the letter C and add an arrow or a tomahawk?

Or is that to edgy and offensive?

(Okay this turned in to a rant)

Yeah I don't understand why you can't take a respectful approach to the team ala: The Braves or Blackhawks?

I mean is there a particular tribe/band near Cleveland with a cool name you could think to name the team after? There was protests right?

The thing I hate about protests (and I know this is getting political, and I'm a dirty lefty too btw :p) is that people are so quick to protest but offer sweet fuck all in regards to alternatives.

Wahoo, well I mean I am a big fan of The Cleveland Frowns blog. Pete has written with abhorration regarding Wahoo, most recently as of October 8th: http://www.clevelandfrowns.com/2018/10/chief-wahoos-last-stand-on-columbus-day-is-just-perfect/

Now say what you will about Pete, if you care to there are numerous well written and well researched pieces regarding Wahoo, Jim Crow era propaganda and why the logo should be in the trash. He's lobbied for The Curse Of Chief Wahoo for as long as I've read him which is over a decade now.

I think the name "Indians" in of itself is kind of ridiculous to be honest but like, it's Sports. It's the same reason we accept sexist/racist tropes from professional wrestling... it's just what it's known for. Obviously the organization wasn't explicitly endorsing racism but in this modern age of hyperguilt it's hard not to look at it as this beacon of "WTF"... but what are you going to do? Ban EVERY team named Indians or some other banal derivative? What do you re-name the team to?

The Washington Bullets changed their name to the Wizards because the owner of the team believed his name promoted gun violence. Obviously whoever owns the Indians is not nearly as virtuous because they couldn't give two shits. The Indians organization dragged their feet through a solid 2-3 years of negative press (maybe my memory is shit, could have even been longer?) before protests and all this shit and here we are.

Yeah the block C sucks. If you're going to ditch Wahoo, come up with something better than that.

The protests were a dozen or so people. Just so you know there wasn't some huge movement from society, but even so lets double that...hell triple it to a generous 75 people.

Of the 40,000 + that may see a game on a given night that would be what percent? I really don't know how insignificant a number it might be cause it's so damn small. That's what chaps my ass more than anything is that the organization caved to a number of people so small they couldn't equal a grain of sand in a time bottle. That's just dumb and bad for business. Btw the Redskins is a far more racist name than any tribal name anyone could think of.

I do have Indian blood. Seneca tribe of the Iroquois nation. If it makes a bit of difference. I'm not a Democrat fan or a Republican fan either. Just a fan of conservative philosophies and common sense. The last part precludes me from being in either party.in this country, as they're both corrupt and I can't tolerate either of their clubs bull shit. ;)

It's a logo. A fucking logo representing the teams name. That's all. No hidden agenda. No intent to disgrace, mock or otherwise malign certain people. It's a caricature. You know like you might get of yourself at an amusement park. It looks kinda like you, but in a silly way. This looks kinda like an Indian in a silly way. Fuck me for not having a sense of humor when a couple of people read into a caricature as some evil moment in our history and it should be damned.

Top Bottom