2018 | Barking Hard

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

Cleveland Browns: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
The Browns opted to trade for A.J. McCarron and failed because they forgot to submit the paperwork. This secretly saved them, as I discussed in the NFL Disaster Grades. Cleveland could try to obtain McCarron again, but it really depends on what the new regime will want to do.

DeShone Kizer showed promise during the preseason, but he hasn't shown any signs that he can be a viable NFL quarterback. Despite getting good protection, Kizer has made lots of mistakes and has held on to the ball too long in the pocket. Kizer was only a second-round pick, anyway, and we saw the Panthers give up on Jimmy Clausen, another second-rounder, after one year when they selected Cam Newton first overall.

I've had Sam Darnold as the top quarterback for a while, but he has struggled so much this season that I'm wondering if he returns to USC for 2018 in an attempt to rebuild his draft stock.

The battle to be the top quarterback could be between Lamar Jackson and Josh Rosen. If so, I think Jackson would ultimately win out, as he has higher upside and better intangibles. He needs to improve his ball placement, but coaches are going to fall in love with his skill set.

1. *** 2018 NFL MOCK DRAFT (3 rounds) updated Nov. 4. This mock draft will be updated occasionally. Check out old versions of this 2018 NFL Mock Draft in the archived mock section. Follow @walterfootball for NFL Draft updates. ***
  2. brownsb_logo.gif
    Cleveland Browns: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
    Louisville_logo.gif

The Browns attempted to trade for A.J. McCarron and failed because they forgot to submit the paperwork. This secretly saved them, as I discussed in the NFL Disaster Grades. Cleveland could try to obtain McCarron again, but it really depends on what the new regime will want to do.

DeShone Kizer showed promise during the preseason, but he hasn't shown any signs that he can be a viable NFL quarterback. Despite getting good protection, Kizer has made lots of mistakes and has held on to the ball too long in the pocket. Kizer was only a second-round pick, anyway, and we saw the Panthers give up on Jimmy Clausen, another second-rounder, after one year when they selected Cam Newton first overall.

I've had Sam Darnold as the top quarterback for a while, but he has struggled so much this season that I'm wondering if he returns to USC for 2018 in an attempt to rebuild his draft stock.

The battle to be the top quarterback could be between Lamar Jackson and Josh Rosen. If so, I think Jackson would ultimately win out, as he has higher upside and better intangibles. He needs to improve his ball placement, but coaches are going to fall in love with his skill set.
[FONT=&quot]

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php#ixzz4xT6BhQa6[/FONT]

Last edited:
Top Bottom