2019 All Things Tribe | Barking Hard

2019 All Things Tribe

jaydog

Legend
Awards
...and a little more.

It's a little early, but with all the trade activity, why not?

So onto Terry Pluto's trade explanations:

Yonder Alonso traded too:

I think they sign Bauer and Kluber. Should have cleared up enough money so the Yankees or someone else doesn't buy them.

The Dolans are cheap. They don't have the money to sign good players. Don't ever forget that Chucky.

Andrew Miller left too... The tribe will be the perenial almost won team they always are.. until the Dolans sell the team to someone with the capable dollars to run it.. it will be same as it always is...

Grew up in NJ so I like to see the Mets do well in the NL.

Yes the Wilpons & Dolans can be some of the worst/cheapest owners in sports

And so the Tribe is maneuvering to gain "payroll flexibility". :shitroll:

And so the Tribe is maneuvering to gain "payroll flexibility". :shitroll:

Whippy Fizz!..The Dolans can blow me...

They will come up with some obscure stat to dispel the truth that they are indeed cheap.

I mean how can you not overspend when you just came off of a loss in the 7th game of the World Series? Seriously??!!!

That's the exact time and opportunity to go overboard some and secure a World Series return and win it all, I think. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems like when you're right there you only need one more player or two to push it over the top. Not look at profit margins and determine where to cut expenses and fuck over the team for a few years.

What a bunch of bull shit...an "A". :eyeroll:

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

So the Tribe has 100 mil tied up in 16 player's salaries while the Twins have 94 mil to 17 players. The Royals have 83 mil to 12 players and 80 mil to 13 players for the White Sox.

It appears teams with ownership like ours budget for 9 position players, 5 starting pitchers, a closer, another bull pen arm and utility player. Or something very close to that.

Pretty sad that ownership can't afford 1/3 of the allowed 25 man team and resort to cheap players with issues like age, injury or have not played up to their current contract. I guess that's why we still have Kipnis at 2nd base when everybody knows Jose' should be at 2nd base, but we can't afford a true 3rd baseman. Hell we can't even afford a true major league outfield!

hugelog

A Huge Signing by the Tribe!!!

Also RIP Frank Robinson. I still remember him hammering HR's as a player manager.

So depressing that the Tribe appears to be in this wait and see mode. Wait to see if this team can win some games and if not I'm guessing they'll sell off some of these starting pitchers for prospects.

Lindor knows he's not going to be around to much longer cause the Tribe can't afford him. Same with Bauer and Ramirez. And they can't unload Kipnis after signing him. Nobody wants him and we can't afford to cut him and still have that salary. Hell nobody wants to sign high priced free agents like Manny Machado, Bryce Harper, Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel.

I quick summary of the Tribe so far this spring:

YAwwwwwwnn...

I know you can get on the Indians front office for not being proactive. Bryce Harper though 13 years at 330 million, kinda seems like a dumb deal for the Phillies

Unless he makes them a WS contender for the next few years yes. It's a stupid deal.

Top Bottom