2019 All Things Tribe | Page 5 | Barking Hard

2019 All Things Tribe

Hand has been outstanding up until about the last week or so. And then he shocked everyone with a huge fail!
*suicide2* :fail:

And he was given yesterday off. Great. If his confidence is shaken we're fucked. If he has some sort of nagging injury/pain, we're fucked.

I don't believe we have anybody else to fill the closer role.

If they keep this up it ain't gonna matter for Hand. We're getting our asses handed to us by the Orioles. Inexcusable efforts

What a difference 5 days can make. Cut the lead to 6 games on the Twins and would qualify for a wild card game at the moment.

Pluto had an article where it showed the team is pretty much right where it’s been record wise the last two years. Feel in a good spot for the moment on the team. That can change fast.

OK. You got it CB:

My son and I were just talking about how GM Antonetti has some tough decisions to make before the trade deadline.

Two back to back losses of 13-rip to the worst team in the league and people started to question how much longer Francona has until he gets canned.

Then we win 4 in a row! What a roller coaster ride. If we deal Hand then are season is done. We might be able to get away with it if we were to deal Bauer and/or get a closer in return for either one of those guys in addition to some power bats but it complicates things.

Also Tito is at his best keeping the team focused and because we are in a divisional race we are getting some pressure to win earlier than the last couple of years. That should harden the team if we can make the playoffs.

crossfingers

Figures the one Indians/Reds game I went to this year is the game they lost!

I say keep Hand for now. I mean if this hopefully keeps up they'll be in contention at the very least

One of the local guys intimated that the Tribe will not be sellers and are going to ride with these guys for the season and see where we end up.

Also heard Tito called a team meeting after the 2nd 13-0 loss to the orioles and told the team the mid season break has not started yet, we still have a few more games. The guys responded with a 6 game win streak to get to the All Star break with 50 wins and only 5.5 games behind the twins who have been coasting.

All right Tribe fans here we go to start the 2nd half. A series with the division leader twins.

Hey!

Salazar is working his way back too. His fastball was at 93MPH in Akron. He says he wants to be a starter, but if Hand is traded he seems like a possible closer for the rest of this year. I had heard a couple of years ago that management thought he could be an excellent closer, but I don't know if they still feel that way about him after his shoulder surgery. I would think yes, but I don't know for sure.

Tough loss especially when leading in the 7th inning.

I say Salazar can’t be any worse than some bullpen members currently. I wouldn’t mind seeing what he’s got

I think he threw around 50 pitches in AA so I'm thinking they're looking at him as a starter possibly to replace Bauer if there is a really good deal for him. Problem is there is a ton of risk to believe Salazar will be as good as he was a couple of years ago, right out of the gate.

I watched a lot of this Twins series and the Tribe was more competitive than one would think. They should've won the first game, but Goody fumbled a slow chopper to the 3rd base side of the mound and allowed the twins to get mo" and we couldn't come back.

The second game we just struggled throughout. Even though we hung tough we just couldn't get anything going.

The last game was similar to the first game in that the twins got some free base runners late compliments of the lousy umpires calls. Two pitches clearly hit the bottom of two different twins batters and should have been called fouls, but in both cases the ump blew the call and said he was hit by the pitch. Like Manning said it was a strange inning, but Los came through with a homer to win that last game for us.

We may have an easier schedule the next few weeks, but as Manning and Matt Underwood discussed almost the whole month of August we'll be playing the good teams one after another, so we better fatten up now while we can.

:bathbaby:

Nice to see the Mets helping out the cause. Only 4 games back now.

Yeah this is the time to fatten up the wins. I'd be surprised if the Twins keep the 1st half winning percentage up.

I would too. They have a ton of good hitters. They need help with their starting pitching, but they do have a good closer and an up and coming manager.

Like I said we should have won the first game against the twins, but we beat ourselves and that was the difference in the three game set.

We will be getting Kluber back in a couple of weeks. Clevinger is back and strong as ever. Carrasco is coming back. Bauer is as good as anybody when his mind is right. I think he's stressed from all the trade rumors and it's affecting him right now. Plesac is really taking advantage of his opportunities while the injured guys are out and he's looked very good. Plutko has had a few moments too. If we trade Bauer I'm ok with it depending on what we get. As always.

We just lopped off six games in three weeks(ish) so yeah it's time to seriously work on taking the division back to it's rightful owner. US!

And now a game closer! Hopefully this keeps up.

I think it's somewhat safe to assume we will be in at least a Wild Card game this year. Now this is what I was telling you about Jay. This should be a good time for Francona to maybe develop some killer instincts in the club over the remaining 60 games or so. So when they get to the playoffs they are prepared when as you say shit gets real. I was hinting that with the fan at that game but not sure that went over well.

But back to present enjoying this! 56-40 shows a solid team to this point

Some people refuse to acknowledge anything negative. I was thinking the same thing that these last few weeks have likely helped this club get an attitude and toughen them up for the stretch run. Maybe it has even toughened Tito up some too?

Best part is that we've been forced to let young guys play and it's helped the team and them. Mercado, Jake Bauers and Naquin have played well lately and even Jose Ramirez has stepped it up. I'm looking for a Bradley Zimmer sighting, but Tito will not get him enough at bats I'm sure of it. The FO and Tito never were completely in Naquin's corner from the get go and still would not be except for the injuries that have forced Naquin into the lineup on a regular basis. With the regular PT Naquin has shown he can hit and play defense well not to mention steal a base if needed. I'm happy for him that he's taking advantage of his opportunity. He should be around for awhile after this season.

I heard Jensen Lewis on WKNR the other day and he said the team is good, but still needs a power hitting right handed stick and another right handed hitter and this team would be able to compete with any of the best. We have the pitching.

crossfingerscrossfingerscrossfingers

Top Bottom