madmadworld

The Official TV Watcher
Awards
So who do we pick ?
Jarrett Culver - 6’5” with a 6’9” wingspan

De’Andre Hunter - would not be sad if it's him

Cam Reddish - 6’8” with a 7’1” wingspan

My choice
Brandon Clarke - Plus/Minus this season of 18.6 ranks second in the country, trailing only Zion Williamson

Can't blow this.

I didn't get to watch any madness this year so I am very out of the loop with this years prospects.

What position is Clarke?

If he's there, I have to think it's Culver. Long SG who can defend and shoot, gets Lavert comparisons, fits into a position of need. Starting lineup of Sexton, Culver, Love, Nance, and Osman is potentially very good. Sexton's speed with that many shooters sounds promising.

Clarkson, Thompson, and Zizic are the starts of a really strong bench. Expect a couple more additions from draft and JR contract. Not sure if Delly stays or not but could use another guard.

It's not a 50-win team but I won't be shocked by 35 or even 40 wins. Then hopefully they're attractive enough to add a serious veteran f/a upgrade. Surrounding cast would be legit.

Feels like a Spurs type team developing. Some of the cache of 2nd round picks will turn into foreign stashes that pay off down the line... like the Spurs.

I'm leaning more towards Culver than Hunter at this point. The CAVS don't need a 3-and-D-Wing, they need a Playmaker-off-the-dribble.

I don't know why Clarkson isn't a starter. Sometimes you take that starter and bring him in as the 6th man [(a la Hot Rod Williams) not that I agreed with that], and I know Clarkson is fine and happy with being the 6th man, but he's a bona-fide starting shooting guard in the NBA.

So, leave Clarkson as the 6th man and draft Culver to start (or vise versa for now), or draft Hunter and slap Cedi on the bench? The CAVS NEED both of those things to happen, but only have 1 draft spot to make it happen, unless the 26th pick surprises... and no cap space to do it.

-Al

Darius Garland - a shorter and lighter (6'2", 175lbs) shooting guard in a point guard's body to complement another shooting guard in a point guard's body of Collin Sexton (6'3", 190 lbs).

Who's gonna guard the opponent's 6'5"/6'6" shooting guard?

Who's gonna bring up the ball and run the offense like a point guard for the first team? (Delly's coming off the bench.)

I don't know. Maybe Coby White would have been the better choice (a 6'5" point guard in a shooting guard's body). ... and that's based on needing/wanting another guard.

What if you wanted a small forward because you know Cedi Osman will never be anything more than a bench player unless he starts lighting it up like the 3rd splash brother? Hachimura?

-Al

A guy who can create his own shot and is a deadly 3 point shooter isn't a bad thing. Like LBJ he'll have to put in the work on the defensive side and if he doesn't Beilein won't let him see the court!

It became pretty simple as the draft drew nearer that Garland was one of the few guys in this draft who could end up as an All-Star centerpiece. His absurd handle, smooth stroke from anywhere, and ability to get that shot in a lot of ways make Kyrie comparisons easy.

He was one of the top few recruits in the country and chose Vandy over just about every major power. He looked spectacular in that brief exposure, just like Kyrie. He plays all season, he's in the discussion with Barrett and Morant for next after Zion.

For this year, it looks like the Cavs are going to go with Beilein's 2-guard vision, do a Portland thing. With two dynamic offensive players like Sexton and Garland, it could be really fun. Love, Nance, and Osman would seem to round out the starting lineup. Clarkson and Windler are the wings off the bench, along with Knight, Zizic, and Porter. Stauskas' shot at the team went way up with Beilein but then seem to go down with the Windler pick. Nwaba brings something we lack, a perimeter defender.

Not sure what we could get for JR's deal, Delly, and/or Tristan but another longer wing would be nice.

I'm pretty excited a out this draft. Sexton I am not sold.on, and we drafted two potential phenoms. I may actually watch the cavs a bit this season although if I am being honest the players ruined the league And i find it harder to be interested.

If we're being critical I am not sold on anyone on that Cavs roster lol. You've got Knight, Clarkson, Sexton, and now Garland, that's a glut of small guards who aren't ideal PG's and are more of SG's to add to guys like Stauskas who is a pure SG. Altman must like the small-ball lineup but IMO it reeks of a lack of vision. That's a lot of the roster to be concentrated on the same type of players IMO.

I like Brandon Knight, but he's a role player at best unless you want 10-13 pts for 30 min of play, and probably the best PG the Cavs have.

Raptors prez Ujiri plans to stay in Toronto

Raptors president Masai Ujiri says he plans to stay in Toronto despite rumors that others teams could try to pry him away.

Merged that from the news feeds, this is music to my earholes. I read Washington was gonna offer him north of 200m to take over their team.

Masai is my Messiah!

Wtf

If we're being critical I am not sold on anyone on that Cavs roster lol. You've got Knight, Clarkson, Sexton, and now Garland, that's a glut of small guards who aren't ideal PG's and are more of SG's to add to guys like Stauskas who is a pure SG. Altman must like the small-ball lineup but IMO it reeks of a lack of vision. That's a lot of the roster to be concentrated on the same type of players IMO.

I like Brandon Knight, but he's a role player at best unless you want 10-13 pts for 30 min of play, and probably the best PG the Cavs have.
Me too I have no idea.. WTF is on His mind. surely the wrong pick @ #5.

I hear your Grizzlies are getting my pick Brandon Clarke. was shocked he went at 21.

Yeah I was all about the Ja Morant pick, but there's a lot of hype around Brandon Clarke, his athleticism and defense should compliment JJJ... I'd be lying if I said I didn't over look it, swept up in Raptors Championship euphoria ;) lol

Losing Conley, it's officially the end of an era but you know what... it was time. The Grizzlies have an interesting young core: Morant, Clarke, JJJ, Dillon Brooks, Rabb, Valanciunals, and Delon Wright can ball too. And Grayson Allen, who seemed to be more notorious than anything in Duke, he is talented too.

They got some interesting pieces from the Jazz, Korver and CJ Miles will give them 3-shooters, Joakim Noah seemed to find a second wind in Memphis last year.

Durant signs with Brooklyn.

Personally I thought he was going to be a Knick. The whole mystique of playing in "The World's Most Famous Arena" and in the middle of Manhattan this shows to me is gone. It's not the 90s or even 10-15 years ago anymore.

Top Bottom