2020 All things Tribe | Barking Hard

2020 All things Tribe

jaydog

Legend
Awards

3 weeks til opening day.

Perhaps the first mention of Coronavirus hitting Cleveland will be fans calling out from work on opening day with "Coronavirus like symptoms".

So my last post says 1 week ago. I was certainly conscious of the virus but still able to joke about it.

Now a week later it’s fully escalated. Who knows when MLB will start if at all.

Aah besides baseball starting which feels like the official kick off of spring, I’m not particularly devastated. The league did such a poor job with the Astros scandal

My daughter who is way smarter than me is working in a lab in Ashland Ohio and they are already testing some type of vaccine or cure. Not sure which cause she isn't directly involved with it, but the scientists are moving as fast as they can to counter the virus. We just gotta be conscientious of where we are and wash hands as often as possible when in the public. Not really any different than if there was a flu bug, but some people are idiots like Gobert and do not take this stuff seriously. And they are the ones who will infect the rest of us.

Dirty Fucksticks! All of 'em!!

:shitroll:

Well tomorrow (Thursday) woulda been opening day. I got some e-mail from the Indians asking to send a video of a ceremonial first pitch.

The 1994 opener to be broadcast on SportsTime Ohio

My daughter who is way smarter than me is working in a lab in Ashland Ohio and they are already testing some type of vaccine or cure. Not sure which cause she isn't directly involved with it, but the scientists are moving as fast as they can to counter the virus. We just gotta be conscientious of where we are and wash hands as often as possible when in the public. Not really any different than if there was a flu bug, but some people are idiots like Gobert and do not take this stuff seriously. And they are the ones who will infect the rest of us.

Dirty Fucksticks! All of 'em!!

:shitroll:

Your daughter is a hero. How's all that going?

I wouldn't sell yourself short there on intelligence lol. Imo it manifests itself in many ways.

Yeah kinda sad most classic Indians games over the years didn't have the happiest endings. This would sorta be the time for fans going thorough withdrawal to watch them

She is doing well thanks for asking.

She's new in the lab so her team is not directly involved with Covid 19 at this time. There's tons of other drugs that need to be tested though and she's helping to resolve the issues with the drugs her team is responsible for.

I don't care to rewatch games outside of football. I don't know why, other than football is my favorite sport.

Since there is no new games to watch I've been relegated to concentrating on this years draft and I'm already finding it to be redundant chats about Simmons and OLinemen. God I can't wait for the draft and be able to go through our players game film instead of pissin' and moanin' about this guy or that.

And now the Tribe is so far in the rear view mirror I don't know what their season is going to consist of. They're going to need at least two weeks just to get their timing back at the plate!
:doh:

Great work by your daughter. I wish her well

Yeah I somewhat remember this team, it's about the closest group to "Major League" there was. The 1993 Philadelphia Phillies. Finished dead last the year before and made it to the World Series that year with a cast of send offs. I did enjoy this documentary.

It might have been one of the last teams as well with a lot of character on it. The sort of analytical age squashed these teams so to speak.

Since I'm not a big Phillies fan I can sort of enjoy watching that thing without being too upset since they came up short in the World Series that year.

But yeah I mean Game 7 2016 was a classic but I'll never re-watch it! The Major League movies I don't seem to get tired of though lol

In case anybody missed it:

Some interesting Indians face masks for sale there lol.

I haven't missed the game too terribly. The only people I have sympathy for for the most part are the workers/ushers/people selling making food at the stadium. But even if there's still a season I'm not sure they'll still be employed? I would wonder as well all the jobs in operations of the stadium if they'll be able to keep. I guess some you'd still have too.

I saw on the news awhile back something to the effect that the Dolans and the Tribe were going to continue giving paychecks to stadium workers. How much and for how long I don't know.

Top Bottom