2021 FA Thread | Page 5 | Barking Hard

2021 FA Thread

It's gonna be an interesting off season... The Indians might get a little love simply because they will just be a baseball franchise in 22... What I have seen my world turn into just breaks my heart..... Just let the Browns win one so I can die a happy soul...

It's gonna be an interesting off season... The Indians might get a little love simply because they will just be a baseball franchise in 22... What I have seen my world turn into just breaks my heart..... Just let the Browns win one so I can die a happy soul...
Shhhhhhhh. You haven’t heard? You cannot call them Indians anymore. That’s taboo man! Anyone have a Chief Wahoo hat with the smiling face they want to sell me?

every year we fantasise and salivate over the available FA's and who we might get
and every year we do bugger all. the CB like to build through the draft.
backups and journeymen usually with a few exceptions (richardson)
BTW I think SR has been a huge positive influence on this D and this team.
criminally underrated IMO - lets draft him barmore as an incentive
make it happen AB

And so it begins. JJ Watt has been released. Should we be kicking those tires?
A very thorough physical exam. To say the least.
However, what kind of $ figure would make sense for Watt?

Last edited:
A very thorough physical exam. To say the least.
However, what kind of $ figure would make sense for Watt?
That’s the question since he has trouble staying on the field.

If we sign Lattimore TMitch is gone. We'll be better as Lattimore is better than TMitch, but then we have to count on Greedy and another CB to step up and play. Also Ward and Greedy miss multiple games each season so if not Lattimore then resign TMitch. Who has the best ability. Availability.

JJ Watt?! Hell yes! At the right price is the key. Otherwise walk away. We can sign Carl Lawson or Trey Hendrickson just as easy. But keep in mind how much we'll be spending on the DLine as a whole. Garrett, Sheldon and a new FA DE is a lot of money in one position group.

We need immediate contributors not autographed trading cards. If JJ Watt is healthy and has gas left in the tank for 32 regular seasons games + playoffs and the price is right, let’s sign him. But if even one of the above 3 conditions aren’t there, please leave him where he is...

I think JJ Watt was making 17 mil/year. That ain't happening. Not even close. I'm thinking around the 10-11 mil like we were paying Vernon who was playing well after he recovered fully from his injury getting a sack/game in the last 8 games. And he plays the run pretty good too. His absence in the playoffs was felt. Woods started to blitz more to compensate.

Cleveland Browns offseason blueprint: How many roster spots are up for grabs?

Also a look at the top WR's in the draft:

Last edited:
We need immediate contributors not autographed trading cards. If JJ Watt is healthy and has gas left in the tank for 32 regular seasons games + playoffs and the price is right, let’s sign him. But if even one of the above 3 conditions aren’t there, please leave him where he is...
Well IDP. Here's a nugget I found on JJ Watt that shows he could still be playing at a relatively high level.

I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him in Cleveland next season. Let’s just hope it’s not in black and gold. I believe there are already 2 over there. I would also love to see Lattimore here. I hear The Saints are in salary cap Purgatory. No reason we couldn’t keep T Mitch as well. Another interesting name I hear being tossed around is a db from LA by the name of Johnson who we could possibly get for as little as a 3rd, but even if we threw in a 5th to go with that I’d take it. Supposedly he’s young, experienced at all db positions, and is a stud.

jay, he's JJ watt.
he'l be going someplace warm. like tampa..
he ain't comin to cleveland.jesus will come to cleveland before JJ does
Not true. He wants to win. Pit can't afford him unless he plays for pennies. TB maybe, but not because of the weather. It's because they won a SB and he could see them as the easiest way to a ring for himself. Pit would only be for nostalgia's sake so he could play with his brothers, but they ain't winning any SB. JJ Watt is hunting for a ring. Cold weather don't mean much as long as he believes he's got a shot at a ring first and foremost.

Also if theses figures are correct note that 7 of the top 10 teams with room to spend cap space need QB's and we need to lock up Baker, Chubb and Ward. All of that space will be just about gone if unless we spend wisely.

Last edited:
I don't know where he'll end up, but it's about a ring. Not the weather. So yeah he should consider the Browns. Also his agent is one of the best in the league in Tom Condon. A pure professional negotiator. No bullshit public trade me requests, allegations or shenanigans. Just simple negotiations to get to a common ground that both sides can live with.

Unlike Drew Rosenhaus.

Top Bottom