2021 FA Thread | Page 7 | Barking Hard

2021 FA Thread

From what I read/heard there are too many teams that are close to max salary cap. All we need to do is not bid against ourselves.

To make a long story short, the free-agent market will teach some harsh lessons for most NFL teams this off-season. The market has undergone a major financial shock, though perhaps not all GMs fully understand the implications yet.

The upshot is that free-agent veterans will have to sign for less than half their previous value, and the later it gets in free agency, the crazier the bargains are going to be. This writer believes that after a few initial signings the market will cool very rapidly and the discount rate is going to be at least 50 percent.

There simply isn’t enough money under the cap for the league as a whole to pay the athletes what they want.

I also think that those teams, that will be willing to gamble (and able to do it the right way) on waiting for the price to go down and then get the player(s) they've always wanted for a reduced price, will laugh when the off-season is over.
Is AB a good (and lucky) poker player?

well the cap was a general disappointment and im sure a shock to many teams already in the red.
this is going to force those teams to release some big name players
hopefully the CB can take advantage and pickup a rising star or 2
we will also need a commitment from AB before the draft that he'll show up in shape and play DT

Once were done in FA we'll get a better sense of what AB will do in the draft. I think a DT is very high on the list as Sheldon's a FA himself after 2021. So if we don't resign/extend him we have nobody of consequence to play the position. I like Vince Taylor, but him and Elliot starting at DT in 2022 is not good at all. Even if Elliot improves we still would have a need there.

This is where it's imperative we get solid player development this year and for years to come. Otherwise we'll always have holes on offense as well as defense.

Ah yes. The forgotten covid opt out man. I don't know what to expect from him until I see him in camp, in shape and making plays. Same for Delpit. We were told he was playing well and just when I started to look for his number he got hurt. Greedy too.

If I were Berry, I would NOT assume Delpit and Greedy or anyone else who had long term injuries accept OBJ, will be back to playing at top form, and draft, trade or sign accordingly. Even if it’s signing a guy or 3 for only a 1 year deal while giving these guys an opportunity to heal up and prove it. For me, Delpit and Greedy have to prove it on the field. In Greedy’s case, he may never see the field again.

TMitch played reasonably well for Greedy. Even those few games when Greedy was on the field it's not like he showed he was a lockdown CB. Delpit I have more hope for than Greedy in that he has yet to miss making a play that's in front of him.

Also ya gotta love this Browns fans!

Last edited:
TMitch played reasonably well for Greedy.
for greedy? hasnt TM been our starter at CB since..2000? I dont think greedy is better TBH,well not to this point anywho
TM is under rated he quietly moved through the ranks to start, not a big name splash draft pick.
still we and it seems all NFL fandom want him upgraded every year.perhaps its the "devil you know syndrome" for me as a CB
I feel comfortable with his veteran presence out there on a very young team.
I watched every play he made in 2020 closely and barring 2-3 times when he was beaten clean he was well above average at CB IMO.

I think the FO and coaching staff views Greedy, 6'02 185lbs, as the starter over TMitch, 5'11 191lbs, because of his size especially when Ward is the other starter. They do not like having two small CB's. But Yeah I agree on TMitch. I think he is an excellent CB and due to Greedy missing more games than he has played TMitch is, at the very least, far more reliable than Greedy. And I think they are equals in talent. So in the long run I'd roll with the reliable TMitch over unreliable Greedy, but I see how size and youth can be an issue.

still we and it seems all NFL fandom want him upgraded
I say we on purpose because I realise most my mocks have a CB taken somewhere
shaun wade or lattimore are lingering as options where I guess greedy and mitch are competing for the nickel spot
but I would be nervous with a rookie out there considering we may have rookies at the S spots too.
I think ideally we draft a CB and have them compete with greedy for the nickel spot.start mitch and ward.
greedy doesnt get beat deep but underneath? he gets eaten alive.
If redwine doesnt shine in camp? I would expect him to be cut.woods is not a fan.I think sample size too small to say TBH.

Agreed on Redwine it is a small sample size, but he's not been great in those few moments. I like him as a rotational S right now and am hopeful he can develop further. To be fair I think the sample size for Greedy is likely even smaller. Greedy has more starts than Redwine, but Redwine has played more games. 8 starts for Redwine and 12 for Greedy. 27 games played for Redwine and 12 games for Greedy. TMitch started all 16 games last year and 4 starts in 2019, but he has played in 31 of the last 32 games for us. He's the ironman of the CB room.

Sheldrick Redwine Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

He's the ironman of the CB room.
yeah so ahh..is somebody working on signing him? I hope? gotta be a lock. no?
I feel for him a bit.I read up his bio and the guy is a fighter,deemed never good enough until he actually got on the field to prove it
bounced from team to team and now? with his success and consistency? still we want him upgraded! look around the mocks and
team needs lists.CB is right up there on 90% of those.yet watch his coverage play,its at an all-star level.in some games outshining #21
dont fix what aint broke,when you look at the calibre of WR these guys go up against? when is comes to CB2? reliability,leadership matters.
sign mitchell.start mitchell.

Well after Berry decided to prioritize race over greatness JJ Watt declined Clevelands lowball offer and went to the Cardinals. Sweet, guess we will do a brotha a solid and try to get busted ass never was been Von Miller.

"never was" Miller has more sacks than Watt over the same number of years (both came in to the league) in 2011. I would not commit to Watt what ARZ did and would not commit that to Miller either

If Barmore falls then AB should sprint to the podium and select him or Zaven Collins.

At 6'04 256 lbs he manages a 4.8 40. Not bad for his size.

Ideal Role: Starting linebacker given opportunities to rush the passer, drop in coverage, play downhill, and in space.

Scheme Fit: Collins projects favorably to a defense that is multiple with its alignments that presents the opportunity for him to unleash the full breadth of his skill set.

Also JJ Watt did the right thing for himself and took 15.5 million before he retires. Way too much guaranteed money for reasonable teams to consider, but good for him.

Top Bottom