2021 FA Thread | Page 6 | Barking Hard

2021 FA Thread

Rumors are swirling. JJ in Cleveland this coming season? Here’s what I think. This is a small window to win a SuperBowl or 3. This front office better go for the jugular! There is some serious talent at our positions of need out there. If they don’t get guys on board this off-season, kiss this opportunity goodbye and hope Nick lives another 20 years

We got bags and bags of cash to spend!

Also this from Scott Patsko at cleveland.com:
One Football Insider from the 330 area code probably summed up the feelings of most respondents:

“Garrett, Richardson, Ward, Harrison would be ideal. All of the other players probably aren't NFL starters. But in one offseason it'll be tough to add 7 starting-caliber players. Maybe easier since Delpit and Greedy are already on the roster. I bet we also end up with either Mitchell or Johnson, plus Goodson or Takitaki, then fill those in with legit starters by 2022.”

And this from Freddy:

Last edited:
hey,you guys know why the JJ thing has suddenly gone cold as ice?
because Im guessing he has already signed on for 2 years at 25 million ($15m SB) + incentives to play DE for the cleveland browns
and we are going to the SB!

jj-watt-042915-getty-ftrjpg_wsirst9j2gzd1gegwyclesnm7.jpg

If JJ Watt sees that tweet he's got to be thinking how great of a defense he would be coming to if he signs here too. I mean for fucks sake man. Ward and Lattimore as the starting CB's with Greedy the 3rd CB? And he would be added to Myles and Sheldon on the DLine? Harrison and Delpit are the starting safeties? Shiiiitt...we just gotta draft a LB to add to Philips, Takitaki and suddenly we have a lot of talent on that side of the ball as well. LB's are still a bit thin, but all things considered a damn good upgrade on D.

ren and stimpy art GIF by hoppip

Unless I’m missing something, Lattimore is still just a rumor. The same rumor I heard 2 or 3 weeks ago. If JJ is out, that means AB shit the bed. I don’t doubt that he’s playing that same moneyball bullshit. And that is not going to get guys in here to win a SuperBowl.......

It's all rumor. Even if we do not land JJ it doesn't mean AB shit the bed either. JJ could be using us to extract more money from the team he truly wants to go to.

Typically GM's have a time limit to their offers. If JJ waits to long then AB will walk away from the original deal and likely any future negotiations. And that's not on AB or any other GM. It's to protect the organization from being made to look foolish.

Also a negotiation tactic is when a solid deal is offered to sit on it. See if anything else can be extracted before signing it. The trick is to not sit so long as to not be able to sign it before the other party walks away from it.

It's all rumor. Even if we do not land JJ it doesn't mean AB shit the bed either. JJ could be using us to extract more money from the team he truly wants to go to.

Typically GM's have a time limit to their offers. If JJ waits to long then AB will walk away from the original deal and likely any future negotiations. And that's not on AB or any other GM. It's to protect the organization from being made to look foolish.

Also a negotiation tactic is when a solid deal is offered to sit on it. See if anything else can be extracted before signing it. The trick is to not sit so long as to not be able to sign it before the other party walks away from it.

We'll know in a few days...

I am not in favor of a 16 mil offer if this is true. We have a lot of other players like Lattimore to sign. Then again if it's the first year 16 mil and the 2nd year 15 mil and the 3rd year 14 mil I might consider something along those lines. Something that allows us to get out of the contract if necessary.

Also sounds like a BS ploy to me. I don't see many other teams spending that kind of money that are ready to win now and how would this Diana Russini know?

Last edited:
From what I read/heard there are too many teams that are close to max salary cap. All we need to do is not bid against ourselves.

To make a long story short, the free-agent market will teach some harsh lessons for most NFL teams this off-season. The market has undergone a major financial shock, though perhaps not all GMs fully understand the implications yet.

The upshot is that free-agent veterans will have to sign for less than half their previous value, and the later it gets in free agency, the crazier the bargains are going to be. This writer believes that after a few initial signings the market will cool very rapidly and the discount rate is going to be at least 50 percent.

There simply isn’t enough money under the cap for the league as a whole to pay the athletes what they want.

Top Bottom