Cavaliers - 2022-23 season | Page 5 | Barking Hard

Cavaliers 2022-23 season

Were up 111-98 with 5:00 left
in that last 5 minutes. Garland got punked by Jackson. Spida got 1 shot @ 4.5 seconds left. WTF ?
Mobley fouls out a -20 thus he was really a -22. in a 2 point game.
6 4th qtr TO's. Clip's got 18 4th qtr FT's. that's how to lose

Victory denied

Were up 111-98 with 5:00 left
in that last 5 minutes. Garland got punked by Jackson. Spida got 1 shot @ 4.5 seconds left. WTF ?
Mobley fouls out a -20 thus he was really a -22. in a 2 point game.
6 4th qtr TO's. Clip's got 18 4th qtr FT's. that's how to lose

Victory denied

Was it just me?.. Or did Garland get too cute at one point it seemed... then all the gas came out...

I thought the same like they were looking for one more huge play a vicious dunk and a and 1 or a big 3. It never came and they got out of their game and ran out of gas before they could recover.

Was it just me?.. Or did Garland get too cute at one point it seemed... then all the gas came out...
He has strength issues. and the ref's are not giving him all his due calls. the question is how does this get fixed ?
he should hit the weight room ...Hard. fact is Garland must stand up for himself. but yet

The only thing this team doesn't have is a tough guy. a Draymond Green type, Smart, Beverley etc those guys don't grow on trees for sure. Did I see Stevens stand up in the past ? I can't recall but he's not getting minutes.

He has strength issues. and the ref's are not giving him all his due calls. the question is how does this get fixed ?
he should hit the weight room ...Hard. fact is Garland must stand up for himself. but yet

The only thing this team doesn't have is a tough guy. a Draymond Green type, Smart, Beverley etc those guys don't grow on trees for sure. Did I see Stevens stand up in the past ? I can't recall but he's not getting minutes.
Yeah... Garland seems soft to me... I love his skill set... But totally agree on the weight room... It would elevate his entire game...

An enforcer in the paint would be a huge addition as well as a legit SF. I think Allen is an enforcer in a phone booth type of area, but Mobley not so much. He's more finesse and does everything very well.

I didn't think of it until now, but a guy like Laimbeer or Ben Wallace would add a physical dimension not currently on this team.

Out here in Vegas on Directv my home teams are Lakers, Warriors,Clippers & Kings. NBA stay out of Vegas.
so I see more Kings games over the past 20 years than any human should. they find as many ways to lose as the browns but 3-4 times a week.

So finding our way to lose to these losers.. just turn over the ball. don't be aggressive going to the hole.. that should work. good grief

An enforcer in the paint would be a huge addition as well as a legit SF. I think Allen is an enforcer in a phone booth type of area, but Mobley not so much. He's more finesse and does everything very well.

I didn't think of it until now, but a guy like Laimbeer or Ben Wallace would add a physical dimension not currently on this team.
Yeah, we still don't have that brick wall type yet... sad...

Cav's up 95-87 with 4:38 left
3:36 left Garland comes back in and misses 4 shots.
We get out scored 19-6 down the stretch.

Bench 4-19 for 13 points average of a -10 plus minus,
Coach going with a pretty short bench the first 12 games, playing 8-9 guys a game mostly . 8 in this one.

Cav's up 95-87 with 4:38 left
3:36 left Garland comes back in and misses 4 shots.
We get out scored 19-6 down the stretch.

Bench 4-19 for 13 points average of a -10 plus minus,
Coach going with a pretty short bench the first 12 games, playing 8-9 guys a game mostly . 8 in this one.
Garland takes careless, desperate shots at times... He needs to relax... Read and be a distributor... The shots will be there... He needs to have better patience... And take better shot selection in spots...

I'm lost on what to say today bout yesterday. well I filled that much space. this sport is about runs BUT you can't let teams get TOO much. the start of the second half was a 16-2 job. everybody missed a shot I guess even, a dunk.
Just kept waiting for OUR run in the last 22 minutes. yep the Bucks area good team etc

The team tried to find L button last night. but found the right stuff in the second overtime.
man losing a 10 point lead with only 0:52 left in a game pretty hard to do. well our boys checked that box.
I give them big credit for hold them Hornets scoreless the last 4:38 of the second overtime. good Job
The bench going 4-14 for 13 points in 77 minutes is shameful. on the only plus they only turned it over twice.

Hard fought win.

Guys winning at home. that's what good teams do. these last 2 games they got a lead and kept it pretty well. would make it easier if they could cut back on the turnovers. some nice easy fastbreak hoops in the 4th qtr last night. Jedi earning his minutes.

Top Bottom