NFL Draft - 2022 NFL DRAFT-yes Its far too soon.post your mock drafts. | Barking Hard

NFL Draft 2022 NFL DRAFT-yes Its far too soon.post your mock drafts.

The Haymaker

Awards
yes Its far too soon.mathis is prolly a 1st rd pick.these will be way off.who cares? Its fun! thoughts?
used fanspeak.com

13: R1 P13 QB Malik Willis - Liberty
44: R2 P12 DL Phidarian Mathis - Alabama
78: R3 P14 WR David Bell - Purdue
104: R4 P2 OT Braxton Jones - Southern Utah
115: R4 P13 LB Henry To'o To'o - Alabama
154: R5 P12 G Lecitus Smith - Virginia Tech
193: R6 P14 RB Brian Robinson - Alabama
221: R7 P2 WR Jalen Nailor - Michigan State

yup and thats going to be quite close to how it may well fall with 3 QB's in the top @10 and 5 in the 1st round.just as many as 2018.
teams are going to see willis as lamar 2.0 hes going to go early. pickett and strong on the board? come on BPP you're nearly there.
we know we need help at QB. we know FA is a long shot for the CB and the QB pool.Its not exactly brimming with starters.
does this pool of rooks look great? no. but all the FA have their own baggage as well. I cant get you on board? Its cheap.2nd rd even?
we desperately need help at QB depth.drafting early for depth at QB worked out for so many teams.

Yah Pickett was on the board but I gotta say no to those tiny hands. Honestly I like him and would be excited to see us draft him, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Strong lasted a long time, also considered in a later round. No point. Neither look like home runs to me, but Strong in a later round may be more realistic.

Last edited:
would be excited to see us draft him, but I just don't think it's going to happen.
Im afraid you might be right and we are heading for another wasted year.what a luxury to have a stable QB for the kid to sit behind.
Its a real opportunity for the CB to do just that.If baker fails in '22? for what ever reason? we are going into the '23 draft to get a rook QB
and he'll have to save the franchise.back to square one we will be. (yoda voice) drafting a QB every 2 years who inevitably fails
If this FO doesn't draft a QB in rounds 1-2? It would be gross incompetence IMO and Ill be off the wagon.
we blow 1st rd picks all the time.It shouldnt be such a big deal.potential upside?franchise QB (priceless) cost? a 1st rd pick.chess or checkers?
If we dratfed a WR in the 1st and got strong or even zappe in the 2nd? I'd be happy too.that would be a big balls move from the FO.
having done a few dozen mocks the trend is those guys (7) are all off the board by pick 2.all the bad teams before us scoop up the remaining QB's in the 2nd rd.

Last edited:
Neither look like home runs to me
DE ferrell looked a beast.WR renfro looked terrible.favre traded,dak 4th rd. I could go on and on the hard icy truth is?we just dont know.
so what remains is. Is it worth the gamble? you play the odds and say a prayer. we blew a 1st of OBJ now we have to use another 1st to replace him? all the money we paid him? had we just drafted a 1st rd WR he'd still be on his rookie deal.

I think this FO is looking at the 2023 draft for a possible trade up for a higher draft pick to get their QB.

These guys don't shit the bed over drafting players. In 2020 they traded with the Colts, their 41st pick in the second round to drop three spots and still got their guy Delpit at 44 by doing their homework. They said absolutely nothing about their intentions and by knowing what other teams are likely to do. Last year in 2021, they moved up from 59 to 52, with the Panthers and got the second round steal of the draft JOK. There is video somewhere of them thinking he would be gone early, but when he fell to the mid forties they started placing calls to move up and couldn't believe that he was still on the board when they found a trade partner in the fifties and he was still there. How many of those teams between 33 and 51 would choose JOK over their current pick now?

Anyway, they tend to get excellent value in the second round and overall will let the draft come to them.

Yah the JOK thing was pure luck though. Most of us knew we should have drafted him in round 1 instead of an oft-injured CB. JOK should have been off the board way before our spot in round 1. I didn't even give a second thought to drafting him because he was too good to make it to us. Then, we still didn't draft him and got lucky with the heart problem rumor.

I think this FO is looking at the 2023 draft for a possible trade up for a higher draft pick to get their QB.
yup,we'll wait for the perfect QB,in the right draft scout him inside out.trade up, everything will feel just right..and he'll be a total bust.
we'll trot him out there as our starter (because hes a 6th overall pick right?he must be awesome.) and we go 5-12 back where we were.
then we'll give him another year because y'know it must be rookie jitters.hes gets hurt.this sh^t is so predictable.
meanwhile one or two of these 7 "average" looking QB's will be starting for teams.the draft gods are cruel.they mock out every move.
Its worth a gamble to take one early IMO. last year 5 QB's by pick #15. jones the last one looks better than TL the 1st one. right? this sh&t is cracra.

Last edited:
Yah the JOK thing was pure luck though. Most of us knew we should have drafted him in round 1 instead of an oft-injured CB. JOK should have been off the board way before our spot in round 1. I didn't even give a second thought to drafting him because he was too good to make it to us. Then, we still didn't draft him and got lucky with the heart problem rumor.
They did their homework. Didn't shit the bed and got two first round talents in one draft. That's not luck. Everybody knew JOK was talented and got scared by others reporting he had an issue. The Browns used their doctors to verify his health objectively. Every team had their shot at him in the first round and they all passed. I guess they were lucky all the other teams shit the bed over those draft rumors.

Luck is taking a flyer on QB Tom Brady near the end of the draft and him becoming the GOAT. That's luck.

HA!..."bad as BM'!

rotflmao GIF

I dunno. I heard it was ownership that wanted Baker.
I never heard that before except concerning JFF, but I do not doubt it.

If they did that again they should have learned by now to just let the football people make football decisions. And let the coaching staff make the game day roster and player substitutions. And definitely do not let any camera crew from Boston inside the stadium to make a football show for "entertainment purposes".

Last edited:
Top Bottom