4K OLED vs 8K QLED | Barking Hard

4K OLED vs 8K QLED

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
So, my buddy spent an embarrassing amount of time in Magnolia at Best Buy last fall before pulling the trigger on a 77" 4K C9 LG OLED, over the flagship 8K QLED Sammy. Said to his eye, the OLED 4K just looked better.

That's it, no fancy tests, just an on the showroom floor judgement call.

(I'm a TV geek btw)

Here's a good vid, with a similar test.

When flat screens first came out a 42” screen was $6000.00
I waited a year and bought a HD 42” for half of that.
Four years later that TV went and I replaced it with a a 65” plasma
for $2500.00.
Now I have a 4K Ultra 65” I paid about the same as the
plasma.
I’m always the latest technology behind because I won’t
pay top money on something that will be out of date the
next year.
I can’t imagine in ten years what will be the new thing but
the only point I can end with is they make this shit to break
and be replaced.
In the past thirty years I’m sure I’ve had four refrigerator
Freezer’s when in years past they made appliances that
lasted along time, that era is gone.
To each his own,if you got it and you want it grab it!
Life’s to short to be unhappy.

TV's

Every x number of years when I go to spend $ on a TV I read up on them. but I don't do it on a monthly basis like I did last century with Stereo Review & Video mags coming in the mail.

(I'm a TV geek btw)
How far do you take this ?
Do you hire one of those Calibration guys to come out ? etc

Have a Man cave/Mini sports book here with 55,(2)60's, 75 & a 80". getting them set up & Calibrated as they were added was a challenge, doing it myself. would try numbers from forum members who share them. but in the end do some tweaking. my pet peeve is facial tones. always was been. another issue lately is power usage. I use a kill-a-watt. mostly this is tweaking the back lighting down to save power yet not giving up picture Q much. I ended up cutting power 35-50% over popular settings.

My latest addition was a 75' Sony Android TV. my question is once you go Android TV, can you ever buy anything else ? it's just amazing all this set can do.

How far do you take this ?
Do you hire one of those Calibration guys to come out ? etc

In my home theater, yes. Have a 4K Sony projector with a 110" screen there. Was 7.1, now it's Atmos, etc etc.

Have 77" C8, 65" C9, and a 55" B8 - all OLEDs. Also have a cheap FireTV Toshiba, 50", for game day, to stream RedZone along side the 77-incher.

Have the LG Dolby Atmos soundbar for the 77". Many look down on soundbars, but it's just easier for certain applications, and minimized the quantity of remotes. You want the fam to put a lock down on new electronics, then have every upgrade result in a pile of new remotes ... at least for me anyway.

My LG Magic Remotes control the TV (of course), the DirecTv, and the FireStick. Love it.

Top Bottom