A trade up for Danny Shelton | Barking Hard

A trade up for Danny Shelton

ToastedPagel

Less-Annoying Version of Mel Kiper
Awards
Would anyone else consider this?

Most mocks I'm reading have him going to Chicago at 7 now. To go from 12 to 6 would take about a third, a fourth, and a fifth. Possibly could get away with a future second instead of those-- possibly a current fourth or fifth and 2016's second? And they'd still have 19 and a decent second. I normally don't like trades up, but this guy just seems like too perfect a fit.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I would struggle enough taking him at 12, but trading up would be a bitter pill to swallow. Shelton is a very good run stuffer but that's all he is. Worst still, apparently the dude was badly gassed at the senior bowl so who knows what his time limit is. Trading up into the top 8 for a run stuffer who may well need to be on a rep count? No thank you.

If we're trading up I'd rather go balls to the wall for Randy Gregory or, if the coaches love him, Mariota.

Last edited:
We have too many holes to be trading up for anything other than a QB. Maybe an over the top OLB or DE sack artist, but not so much a NT unless they think Shelton is the next Suh.

I'd take Malcolm Brown at 19 or push to get Knighton or both.

The trade-up from 12 to 10 (to get Parker in front of the Vikings) is getting some chatter. Would probably take one of our 4th round picks.

Shelton is by far the best 0 technique in the draft...and recent mocks consistently have him available at 12. I hope he is. I'd take him, then take Arik Armstead at 19. It would give the Browns the ability to seamlessly switch between the 3-4 and 4-3 sets...and get two highly gifted runstoppers. Then add a WR at 43.

Do not trade up!

Shelton will not be there at 12, forget about him. The draft is deep with DL, can get a good one with 19 or even 43. (Shelton, Malcolm Brown, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips} One of the top three wr. should be there at 12. (Cooper, White, Parker) It would be a huge mistake not to take one at 12. I, personally like Parker the best. I also like Goldman, I would not take Phillips at 19 because of his back issue, but would take him at 43.

Last edited:
Do not trade up!

Shelton will not be there at 12, forget about him. The draft is deep with DL, can get a good one with 19 or even 43. (Shelton, Malcolm Brown, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips} One of the top three wr. should be there at 12. (Cooper, White, Parker) It would be a huge mistake not to take one at 12. I, personally like Parker the best. I also like Goldman, I would not take Phillips at 19 because of his back issue, but would take him at 43.

I want Shelton at 12 but there is NOT a single player in this draft I would trade up to get. Just sit still or even trade down a few spots and take BPA. This draft is deep but not really top heavy. If we miss Shelton then Brown should be there, if white and parker are both gone we can get cooper or strong. Any 2 of those players would be serious upgrades for us and we wont need to move up to get them.

On a side note there isn't a QB in this draft who I think is the answer so I hope we don't draft one at all this year. Build our team and either draft one or trade for one next season if Jonny isn't the answer.

I dont even like shelton. Is he warren sapp, gerald mccoy or suh, not even close...

Goldman is better imo.

No, he's Vince fuken Wilfork!!
Your opinion sucks, DD.... Shelton will give much more consistent effort than Goldman, and get to the QB 4 times as much.

The biggest issue with these HUGE DTs (all of 'em) is that they're too fat to give consistently strong effort. Simple & True.
But somehow, Danny Shelton DOES... he is one of the very few, which is why I hope he's there at 12.
I think he will be... CHI is the only real threat, I think, and they should go OLB/rusher.

Last edited:
Top Bottom