AB's 2020 linebacker choices | Page 2 | Barking Hard

AB's 2020 linebacker choices

Takitaki defines mediocre. We need new lB'ers and an elite MLB, period. This is the test for Berry, to see if he goes and gets elite Defensive players and Linebackers or not. Last year he screwed the pooch, hopefully he has learned.

Berry got our excellent LT in the 1st round and SS Delpit in the 2nd. I don't think he screwed it up as much as he chose the safety position to address before the LB position. Also an excellent draft day maneuver on his part to drop three spots in the second round knowing Delpit would still be there and adding a 5th round pick C Nick Harris. He played well Sunday as a spot starter at RG when Hubbard went down.

Berry knocked it out of the park everyone contributed except delpit with Wills and Phillips being the best picks IMO

RD(PK) PLAYER POS SCHOOL

1(10) Jedrick Wills Jr. OT Alabama

2(12) Grant Delpit S LSU

3(24) Jordan Elliott DT Missouri

3(33) Jacob Phillips ILB LSU

4(9) Harrison Bryant TE Florida Atlantic

5(15) Nick Harris C Washington

6(8) Donovan Peoples-Jones

I’ll wait and see what happens in the next few years before anointing AB. He will be drafting further down this year, and you don’t judge or anoint a gm based on 1 year. You guys know that......

I’ll wait and see what happens in the next few years before anointing AB. He will be drafting further down this year, and you don’t judge or anoint a gm based on 1 year. You guys know that......

yes you are right. Phillips jumped off the screen yesterday he seemed like the best LB we have. Much faster than i thought i think him and taki can be contributors find another good LB or 2 and another Edge rusher and ill be happy.

Edge - LB'er - CB - Safety - DT

Anything on the defensive side and we could use another TE when Njoku leaves or WR. Oh yeah and a Kicker later in the draft.

yes you are right. Phillips jumped off the screen yesterday he seemed like the best LB we have. Much faster than i thought i think him and taki can be contributors find another good LB or 2 and another Edge rusher and ill be happy.
I like what I see in Phillips. I think the potential is there in Mack and TakiTaki. My problem with this defense is NOT with the players. Including the secondary because there is talent there as well. Those guys have much needed experience now too, which is a plus. But my biggest issue with the defense is the coaching. Woods is a stiff and not scheming to the personnel on the field, strength. His schemes are constantly exploiting the defense weaknesses.

Edge - LB'er - CB - Safety - DT

Anything on the defensive side and we could use another TE when Njoku leaves or WR. Oh yeah and a Kicker later in the draft.
I think Parkey is like 19/22 on field goals. I know he’s looked shakey once or twice, but he’s been pretty consistent for the most part. Stefanski’s willingness to go for it on 4th down in those no mans land spots on the field I think make Parkeys perceived weak ass leg less of an issue. Will I be on the edge of my seat if a game winning kick from 55 yards is needed? You bet your ass I will be lol

I think Parkey is like 19/22 on field goals. I know he’s looked shakey once or twice, but he’s been pretty consistent for the most part. Stefanski’s willingness to go for it on 4th down in those no mans land spots on the field I think make Parkeys perceived weak ass leg less of an issue. Will I be on the edge of my seat if a game winning kick from 55 yards is needed? You bet your ass I will be lol
Gillan needs to put in some more FG practice. Especially from 40 and further.

Gillan needs to put in some more FG practice. Especially from 40 and further.
Easier said than done when the teams practice facility is constantly closed lol

I like what I see in Phillips. I think the potential is there in Mack and TakiTaki. My problem with this defense is NOT with the players. Including the secondary because there is talent there as well. Those guys have much needed experience now too, which is a plus. But my biggest issue with the defense is the coaching. Woods is a stiff and not scheming to the personnel on the field, strength. His schemes are constantly exploiting the defense weaknesses.

what exactly are the strengths of his players LOL now we have backup DE , 2 backup safety's and 2 backup corners playing a lot.

i think it will look much different next year with Harrison/ delpit and hopefully greedy, Mitchell and ward playing.

you can play much more aggressive when you have faith that your not going to get burnt on the backend.

bottom line is you need players. the offense looked bad when missing teller and wills and using backup WR's that is what woods has been using all year.

what exactly are the strengths of his players LOL now we have backup DE , 2 backup safety's and 2 backup corners playing a lot.

i think it will look much different next year with Harrison/ delpit and hopefully greedy, Mitchell and ward playing.

you can play much more aggressive when you have faith that your not going to get burnt on the backend.

bottom line is you need players. the offense looked bad when missing teller and wills and using backup WR's that is what woods has been using all year.
Look. You can prop Woods up, make excuses for him, and praise him all you want. I saw Mitchell get burned several times lately.

Injuries and covid happen. Fact of life. Are we now going to make excuses for the defense because OV is out? It is the coaches JOB to get players ready to play. Woods is NOT doing his JOB. No. I won’t cut him any slack. He is the weak link on this coaching staff.

Delpit and Greedy haven’t done anything. There’s no telling if they would have done better or worse than who’s been out there. Anyone says any different? They (you) are speculating. Speculating may work on Wall Street, but not in the NFL baby!

the best ability is? Say it with me now. Availability. These guys you are talking about may be damaged goods now and could be out of the league in a year or two. Now there’s some speculation for ya......

LineBacker choices turned out gold
from Jacob Phillips to BJ Goodson to Malcolm Smith

This 2021 Draft Class has these guys I targeted after last season's 2019 College Season:

LBs Parsons (Penn State), Bama's Dylan Moses, Mizzou's Nick Bolton
LB/S hybrid FSU's Hamsah Nasirildeen

I still like these guys but havent watched much this season...

So many 1 YR contracts in CLE Secondary & LBs..
Was smart & we'll have to be Smart again. Good thing we're talkin Andrew Berry!!!

Will have to see how well Moses plays vs. Ohio State in Natty Monday night!

CLE's biggest need in the 2021 Draft is DLINE.
Biggest Difference between future run in Playoffs & Not.
DLINE can be a mess if CLE dont address it well.

D is the biggest issue. Will need Delpit to be a Playmaker... and need another playmaker brought in.
Very Ideally a DE opposite Myles w an effect like a Healthy Ollie Vernon.
Also need a veteran starting Corner in FA and a solid tackling LB, like a returm of Goodson.

Would be in favor of bringing back Vernon on a 1 yr deal. LBs Goodson & Smith on 2 yr deals, if it takes that.
Big Fan of Goodson... and Malcolm plays very solid, when he plays. Dont need both but would solidify D w good leadership. Relying on Mack to be leader would be a step Back at this time.
Then CLE just needs to sign a decent veteran starting Corner and Safety that Tackle (above other qualities)

..... I want to see a Corner better than Terrence Mitchell/Kevin Johnson brought in.
Karl Joseph would be fine. I'd even give him 2 yrs at like $4M per.
If not Karl and Stefanski likes keeping Sendejo for leadership - it best not be more than $2M/yr and AS BACKUP! He knows where to be.... just can't GET THERE fast enough!
Joe Woods can bring in Sendejo as Coach if Stefanski l;ikes him that much...
I dont see anyone else paying Sendejo $2M/yr.... and we really shouldnt. Pay him as Coach.

I was real excited to see Von Miller with Myles when I thought it could happen (Broncos rebuilding)
GLAD Jadavian Clowney didn't come!!!
Dont know who can be great opposite Myles in 2021, which is why I'm quite cool with Vernon coming back. His achilles needs to heal, but I thnk he'll have a better 2021 than 2020 and get one more good contract...
Vernon will sign somewhere on another 1 yr Prove it.... Migh's well be Right Here, I figure.
And Draft at least one Big Piece, either as DE or DT. We'll need it in future.

Look. You can prop Woods up, make excuses for him, and praise him all you want. I saw Mitchell get burned several times lately.

Injuries and covid happen. Fact of life. Are we now going to make excuses for the defense because OV is out? It is the coaches JOB to get players ready to play. Woods is NOT doing his JOB. No. I won’t cut him any slack. He is the weak link on this coaching staff.

Delpit and Greedy haven’t done anything. There’s no telling if they would have done better or worse than who’s been out there. Anyone says any different? They (you) are speculating. Speculating may work on Wall Street, but not in the NFL baby!

the best ability is? Say it with me now. Availability. These guys you are talking about may be damaged goods now and could be out of the league in a year or two. Now there’s some speculation for ya......

Mitchell played good for him this yr.... was never supposed to be our #2 CB.
He'll be nice at 3rd CB in 2021... Greedy would as well... if he'd tackle, BUT HE DOESNT
and that's a big problem to me.

Greedy has a ton to prove... and I dont think he will ever suffice as an aggressive Tackler for me
But then again - there was Deion Sanders....

On the other hand
I'll conjecture on & on about Grant Delpit being a star for CLE.

You'd be right about that.
But U can still Kiss My Azzz, Bro

Top Bottom