Analyzing our issues, particularly in the fourth quarter (and a place to make off-season suggestions) | Barking Hard

Analyzing our issues, particularly in the fourth quarter (and a place to make off-season suggestions)

F5journal

Awards
This is a really good statistical look at our fourth quarter issues. It addresses our complete failure to come from behind and our penchant for laying down in the second half. Maybe we can use this thread to focus o what we need to do in the off-season to balance up our approach.

I didn’t listen to the podcast. Don’t need to. I know what the problem is and I will repeat it on this thread. Mayfield is a choke artist and just doesn’t show up in the 4th quarter. He sucks against winning teams. His record proves that. He cannot come from behind to win games. The pressure is too much for him. He is not clutch in the moment of truth. In fact quite the opposite. When the pressure is on his flaws magnify themselves. His footwork sucks. He can’t read a defense. He gets tunnel vision and cannot see the field and he panics. This all culminates in piss poor passing attempts and interceptions ultimately leading to 3 and outs.

Stefanski on the other hand is a totally different animal. If I’m not having fun watching his 4th quarter analytic driven playcalling, I can’t imagine the players are having fun running it. They get a lead and then everything shuts down! The playcalling that gets them the lead goes extinct. The offense is way too predictable. So predictable in fact that I can call the plays before they break the huddle. I could coach a Highschool defense and stop the Browns in the 4th. On top of that there is no enthusiasm. I don’t see happy faces, high 5’s or any excitement by the players. Only panic and gloom. That is on Stefanski and proves the players have no confidence in this offensive play calling that is offensive to watch and execute.

the answer? Draft a qb, do whatever you have to do to bring in Rogers or some other veteran that will be available and strip Stefanski of any and all playcalling duties and see to it that he does not stick his nose in that offense. That is if you intend to keep Stefanski. You could always fire him and bring in a much better coach too which would not hurt my feelings.

Everything wrong about this offense is centered around poor QB play. KS not nearly as much as overall poor execution. More recently it was the OLine having to play it's fourth and fifth Tackle and moving Bitonio over to get to our fourth guard Dunn at L Guard not to mention our third RB D'Ernest.

On Monday we'll at least have 4 of our starting 5 OLinemen to block for Chubb AND Hunt.

the injury is real. hes a power thrower so this injury effects him perhaps more than others.
lets all hope the kids learning fast. you cant hit it out of the park every play kid. tuck and cover up.

The horribly bad footwork was not there last year. The only thing now is if his bad mechanics are because of injury or something other than that.
We know Baker does not read defenses as quick/well as other QB's and after four years in the league it's not because of coaching. Otherwise Mullens would have looked like a HS QB. He looked pretty serviceable and likely a back up QB position is in his future. If not here somewhere.
Now we're hearing rumors of locker room dissent, but we hear that every year not just with the Browns. We heard that with pit last year and this year (Claypool buffoonery), the Washington FT and the Falcons awhile back, and it's not ever going to end.
All that BS is why HC's say win the next game and don't worry about games ahead of that.

The horribly bad footwork was not there last year. The only thing now is if his bad mechanics are because of injury or something other than that.
We know Baker does not read defenses as quick/well as other QB's and after four years in the league it's not because of coaching. Otherwise Mullens would have looked like a HS QB. He looked pretty serviceable and likely a back up QB position is in his future. If not here somewhere.
Now we're hearing rumors of locker room dissent, but we hear that every year not just with the Browns. We heard that with pit last year and this year (Claypool buffoonery), the Washington FT and the Falcons awhile back, and it's not ever going to end.
All that BS is why HC's say win the next game and don't worry about games ahead of that.

I'm sure most will poo poo this.. And I expect them to.. But.. Take it from a guy whose had the same injury.. And tells you flat out the Harness screws with your mechanics and accuracy... I'm not saying Baker is exempt from his mistakes.. As far as I'm concerned... He gets next season to right his own ship... Otherwise... I guess we'll take another 20 years looking for the guy...

I feel the same without having the first hand knowledge.

If injured Baker is somehow better than Keenum then this is what we should expect unless Keenum can play better. He's the backup for a reason. I think Baker should've been sat down for a couple games early to get him to a better place and better used to throwing with a harness on and all the other nagging injuries he has while Keenum gets to show how well he can play as a backup.

I didn’t listen to the podcast. Don’t need to. I know what the problem is and I will repeat it on this thread. Mayfield is a choke artist and just doesn’t show up in the 4th quarter. He sucks against winning teams. His record proves that. He cannot come from behind to win games. The pressure is too much for him. He is not clutch in the moment of truth. In fact quite the opposite. When the pressure is on his flaws magnify themselves. His footwork sucks. He can’t read a defense. He gets tunnel vision and cannot see the field and he panics. This all culminates in piss poor passing attempts and interceptions ultimately leading to 3 and outs.

Stefanski on the other hand is a totally different animal. If I’m not having fun watching his 4th quarter analytic driven playcalling, I can’t imagine the players are having fun running it. They get a lead and then everything shuts down! The playcalling that gets them the lead goes extinct. The offense is way too predictable. So predictable in fact that I can call the plays before they break the huddle. I could coach a Highschool defense and stop the Browns in the 4th. On top of that there is no enthusiasm. I don’t see happy faces, high 5’s or any excitement by the players. Only panic and gloom. That is on Stefanski and proves the players have no confidence in this offensive play calling that is offensive to watch and execute.

the answer? Draft a qb, do whatever you have to do to bring in Rogers or some other veteran that will be available and strip Stefanski of any and all playcalling duties and see to it that he does not stick his nose in that offense. That is if you intend to keep Stefanski. You could always fire him and bring in a much better coach too which would not hurt my feelings.
Totally, 100% correct. Regardless of how much of a pussy Stefanski is, and he IS a pussy, just like Marty was a pussy, Mayfield had five 4th quarter chances to give the Browns a victory. He single-handedly lost all 5 games. Honestly, I hate this fucking guy. I hope he dies in his sleep.

Totally, 100% correct. Regardless of how much of a pussy Stefanski is, and he IS a pussy, just like Marty was a pussy, Mayfield had five 4th quarter chances to give the Browns a victory. He single-handedly lost all 5 games. Honestly, I hate this fucking guy. I hope he dies in his sleep.

Wishing someone dies in they're sleep is low... That's shitty Tom... I can understand not liking someone but wishing death on them is immature... Are you bipolar?

Wishing someone dies in they're sleep is low... That's shitty Tom... I can understand not liking someone but wishing death on them is immature... Are you bipolar?
Nick, your post is that of a Karen, a homer. It is funny to me that a football message board can be filled with wishes of physical peril to a Pittsburgh QB, but when the football Rhetoric is turned around and pointed the other way.................. ALL OF A SUDDEN.....we become respectful, reverent, gentlemanly posters.

We use screen names, BUT BUT BUT,,,,, when someone posts something that offends us....then we refer to real names.

I love you man, but I have no needs to deal in football fan hypocrisy. This is a football message board, Nickers. It isn't church, it isn't a talk show, it isn't a social experiment, it is a mosh pit for football fans.

To me, most fans are worse pussy/snowflakes than anyone being called out on social media. Idiot fans here see a positive post about the Steelers, and you would think a murder was committed. Calling for people to be banned.... because of words on a screen? Sorry dude, of ALL the pussy fans in the NFL, Browns fans are pussy-maximus.

I imagine if you went to a Browns Steelers game at the stadium, would have to wear ear plugs so you didn't hear all the goofy death and injury wishes fans voluminously shout at the opposition.

Give it a rest dude. Mayfield is a piece of shit. Your anger is based in the face that there is nothing you can do to defend him, other than point out to something he did last year. SIX TIMES, Mayfield had the chance to single-handedly win a football game, and ALL SIX times, he failed. THAT is a much bigger issue than my making a stupid, silly, idiotic wish that I hope he dies in his sleep. Goofy, to take this this seriously.

You’ve become soft! You should apply with Stefanski for a coffee fetcher position or something. Suggesting a fan is bipolar would be like suggesting Megadeath is bipolar for writing lyrics where death is a common theme!

You’ve become soft! You should apply with Stefanski for a coffee fetcher position or something. Suggesting a fan is bipolar would be like suggesting Megadeath is bipolar for writing lyrics where death is a common theme!
It amazes me how the supposedly "toughest" NFL fans can on one hand, wish every nasty thing life can heap on an opponent, BUT THEN....when someone heaps the same shit upon them, all of a sudden they cry fowl and start citing Rules of Robert, and Palimentary procedure.

These emotional dickheads just can't understand that the reason I can't stand Stefanski and Mayfield, is EXACTLY because I love the Browns, and want to see them win. There is a difference between being a fan and cheering, and being honest about your team's chances.

I called for both Hue and Crennel, respectively fired during the first quarter of their first preseason game? Was I nuts? Fuck no, I was not nuts. While I was right, it was not because I am able to see into the future, but because I am able to see the present. The problems of penalties, dropped passes, missed blocks, tackles and passes, are not things that are solved in pre-season or during the year. These are CULTURAL things that should be automatic to every player signed to the team.

We are in week 17, and all this shit is still something Stefanski is working on week to week. You can't mastermind a great game plan if you are fucking around teaching a QB how to throw a football, linemen to not hold and jump offside, and recievers how to catch a football.

Since 1999 the Cleveland Browns have not had a team culture and remain floundering. Stefanski is not the guy.

It amazes me how the supposedly "toughest" NFL fans can on one hand, wish every nasty thing life can heap on an opponent, BUT THEN....when someone heaps the same shit upon them, all of a sudden they cry fowl and start citing Rules of Robert, and Palimentary procedure.

These emotional dickheads just can't understand that the reason I can't stand Stefanski and Mayfield, is EXACTLY because I love the Browns, and want to see them win. There is a difference between being a fan and cheering, and being honest about your team's chances.

I called for both Hue and Crennel, respectively fired during the first quarter of their first preseason game? Was I nuts? Fuck no, I was not nuts. While I was right, it was not because I am able to see into the future, but because I am able to see the present. The problems of penalties, dropped passes, missed blocks, tackles and passes, are not things that are solved in pre-season or during the year. These are CULTURAL things that should be automatic to every player signed to the team.

We are in week 17, and all this shit is still something Stefanski is working on week to week. You can't mastermind a great game plan if you are fucking around teaching a QB how to throw a football, linemen to not hold and jump offside, and recievers how to catch a football.

Since 1999 the Cleveland Browns have not had a team culture and remain floundering. Stefanski is not the guy.
I totally get it! These guys are jealous of Stefanski’s beard or something. I think because puberty skipped them and they “can’t” grow any facial hair. I’ve been calling out Stefanski and Mayfield all year. It’s not rocket science! Football is easy! Mediocre is easy to diagnose too!

Nick, your post is that of a Karen, a homer. It is funny to me that a football message board can be filled with wishes of physical peril to a Pittsburgh QB, but when the football Rhetoric is turned around and pointed the other way.................. ALL OF A SUDDEN.....we become respectful, reverent, gentlemanly posters.

We use screen names, BUT BUT BUT,,,,, when someone posts something that offends us....then we refer to real names.

I love you man, but I have no needs to deal in football fan hypocrisy. This is a football message board, Nickers. It isn't church, it isn't a talk show, it isn't a social experiment, it is a mosh pit for football fans.

To me, most fans are worse pussy/snowflakes than anyone being called out on social media. Idiot fans here see a positive post about the Steelers, and you would think a murder was committed. Calling for people to be banned.... because of words on a screen? Sorry dude, of ALL the pussy fans in the NFL, Browns fans are pussy-maximus.

I imagine if you went to a Browns Steelers game at the stadium, would have to wear ear plugs so you didn't hear all the goofy death and injury wishes fans voluminously shout at the opposition.

Give it a rest dude. Mayfield is a piece of shit. Your anger is based in the face that there is nothing you can do to defend him, other than point out to something he did last year. SIX TIMES, Mayfield had the chance to single-handedly win a football game, and ALL SIX times, he failed. THAT is a much bigger issue than my making a stupid, silly, idiotic wish that I hope he dies in his sleep. Goofy, to take this this seriously.

It's a stupid thing to say.. I get it its not church... I was picked on as a kid for being blind in one eye and hearing impaired.. I never let that stop me from doing whatever I had to do... You can't expect a QB to single handedly win games with a harness on his shoulder.... It's like trying to play guitar with one hand tied behind your back.. It's bullshit tom and you know it... Quit trying to rile people... You got kicked off the BB for the same schtick...

the 2 biggest jackoff trolls on this board teaming up to form!

WANK-O-TRON!

hey vinny,wheres your fu&*king bet slip? dont come on here BIG noting yourself and not back it up now.
cigar money? you think acting like you're the monopoly guy impresses us working class folks much? LMFAO!
BTW even If you are telling the truth? you're still a fuc*ing DORK for big noting yourself

Top Bottom