And with the 26th pick in the 2021 NFL draft ... | Page 2 | Barking Hard

And with the 26th pick in the 2021 NFL draft ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Wills and Bryant on their accomplishment. (y)(y)(y)👏👏👏

Unfortunately it probably means Njoku is not going to be resigned.

FeeltheBern.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Njoku was signed for his 5th year?
He is an unrestricted FA as we speak, but he did improve some at the end. His problem is his agent is Drew Rosenhaus and the second Njoku signed with him he requested to be traded because we drafted Bryant. In the 4th round. Njoku should've STFU and play his ass off and he would've been fine. He would have had the team of his choice for bags of cash, but he pouted and subsequently was hurt and missed a couple games that allowed Bryant to pick p playing time that he never really let go of.

Rosenhaus is the real problem. He screwed Terrell Pryor over when Sashi offered him 8 or 10 mil and Rosenhaus balked. So Pryor walked and found out the hard way there was no market for him. That was pretty much how Rosenhaus ruined Pryor's career. He could've been a multi millionaire but signed somewhere, I forget now, for a couple mil and never again became close to as productive as he was when he was here.

Rosenhaus usually overestimates the market for his clients and I can see this one coming a mile away. Njoku is a good kid too. He needs to continue to better his blocking technique and pass catching skills, but he's not going to get huge money. At least not this year. Maybe he can get 5 mil/ year somewhere which is about average for TE's.

Hooper gets 10.5/ year which is fourth in the league for TE's.

Shiiiiittt.

How about we trade Njoku and OBJ for a 1st rd pick? Say the second pick of Miami's? We could REALLY improve the defense on the first day of the draft! We still need a speedy WR who can catch/stretch the D.
Now wouldn’t that be something? Juice gets the hell out of Miami the first opportunity he gets, and we ship his BFF off to the team he couldn’t wait to leave.

I want to add that even though I have in the past talked noise about OBJ, I think we need to keep him another year or 3 now that Baker has a firm grasp on this offense.

I want to add that even though I have in the past talked noise about OBJ, I think we need to keep him another year or 3 now that Baker has a firm grasp on this offense.
I would love to dump OBJ's contract so I can keep Baker and Chubb on the team.. They and the O line are most important on the team...

I would love to dump OBJ's contract so I can keep Baker and Chubb on the team.. They and the O line are most important on the team...
That’s a great point if his contract would be an issue in signing those guys. But I have a feeling regardless that Baker is fixin to have a huge payday.

The sooner we get some value for OBJ the better.
Its only downhill with him. And he and Baker have zero chemistry.

If we get a starting WR, CB and LB out of this draft, we can return to the playoffs next season.
Add a safety and we are fire.

I think there’s more chemistry than one might think. I’m only going to point to the second half of the season. Anyone who did not notice Bakers confidence and command of the offense after the bye, I would urge them to go back and look. Is it possible it took OBJ getting hurt to make Baker realize he had to make better decisions? Possible but more likely Baker was Coach Stefanski’s work in progress and the light bulb came on during the bye week. That is why I think OBJ comes back and gets a real opportunity to prove what he can do with Baker in command of the offense. And, There’s never been any question about OBJ’s talent or work ethic.

I’ve never been a fan when a player gets hurt and a team trades them before they can come back and be given the opportunity to prove themselves. But I’m aware there are other factors that weigh in on those decisions too. We know there’s no pent up animosity between OBJ and any members of the team, staff or FO. OBJ ain’t going anywhere. Sorry fellas ;)

Last edited:
We need Dlineman too.. Richardson and Vernon are nearing the end..
That is nit as a glaring need though, because we have Garrett and Ogunjobi there. Dline doesnt concern me as much as CB, LB and safety. And you can never have enough good WRs. OBJ isnt worth his contract.

That is nit as a glaring need though, because we have Garrett and Ogunjobi there. Dline doesnt concern me as much as CB, LB and safety. And you can never have enough good WRs. OBJ isnt worth his contract.

Garrett needs help... Those 2 you can't count on to play full seasons anymore... There's nothing that guarantees Larry O will stay here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom