Andrew Berry - GM | Page 10 | Barking Hard

Andrew Berry - GM

So I’m thinking with the 2021 redraft giving us two first rounders in JOK & GN2, AB has effectively “worked ahead”, and he’s already covered for the lack of a 2022 first rounder by drafting a couple of them in 2021.

One draft with a lack of a first pick down, two more to go.

FTR, not sure he’ll be as fortunate with the 2022 draft class. We’ll see.

LMFAO, he is still standing there with a dumbfounded look and drool dripping from his chin but okay, some clueless website says two marginal second round picks are "secretly worth 1st round picks" so now we make pretend dumbfuck Berry is a savant? Please, a little common sense.

FTR, not sure he’ll be as fortunate with the 2022 draft class. We’ll see.

One thing I still love about the 2022 draft was the potential for talent to develop. A lot of high upside guys who could be starters in time.

And we're in the perfect position for that because the opportunity for any rookies to start will be few and far between. But we do have guys who could carve out snaps and ultimately develop behind current starters, learning the ropes and adjusting to NFL life before being thrust on to centre stage.

I think part of the disappointment was that we didn't draft guys to start with the exception of York. But Emerson, Wright and Winfrey are all radiating upside, and all have a viable path to playing time in the future. Bell is a bit of a wildcard - lacks the athleticism to be a legit #1 option, but he was a popular pick because plenty of people get the vibe he's just one of those guys with a feel for the game who plays better than he tests.

It was not a flashy draft. Some guys came off the board before the world expected them to and we didn't draft for position. But if their development proved a success, I think a couple of these guys could contribute to sustained success as we begin losing players.

So much as you mentioned with Newsome and JOK, I won't be shocked if a couple of these guys break out in 2023.

I have never cared to expend energy studying or analyzing a draft class. To me it is no different than studying the board of recently landed number on a roulette wheel. Every year, the same shit happens.
  • A bunch of high picks don't do shit
  • A few high picks pan out
  • Fucktards nobody ever thought about rise to be stars
  • The rest of the fucktards become utility players
Rags thinks Berry is a fucking moron. Based on how the random shit listed above plays out, Rags could indeed wind up looking like a moron, but at the simple turn of events could come out looking like a genius. Frankly, I think any of us would perform 100% up to the historical level of NFL GMs, only because this shit isn't much more scientific than the Roulette wheel. Are there higher odds bets? Sure, if you draft #1 QBs you have a chance of eventually hitting paydirt (Unless you are the Browns). However, at the same time, some fucktard betting 00 green can make himself look like a genius.

I think the reasons posts slow down this time of year is certainly due to the fact that our sport is kind of in hibernation, but I also think because this is the time of year when we get bombarded with meaningless bullshit. How many fucking stories about Baker Mayfield can these dickhead reporters create? I even read one assfuck who wrote about how the trade of Mayfield opens up new Progressive commercial ideas. WTF? Who even has shit like this going on in their head.

I want the Browns to win. That's all.

I have never cared to expend energy studying or analyzing a draft class. To me it is no different than studying the board of recently landed number on a roulette wheel. Every year, the same shit happens.
  • A bunch of high picks don't do shit
  • A few high picks pan out
  • Fucktards nobody ever thought about rise to be stars
  • The rest of the fucktards become utility players
Rags thinks Berry is a fucking moron. Based on how the random shit listed above plays out, Rags could indeed wind up looking like a moron, but at the simple turn of events could come out looking like a genius. Frankly, I think any of us would perform 100% up to the historical level of NFL GMs, only because this shit isn't much more scientific than the Roulette wheel. Are there higher odds bets? Sure, if you draft #1 QBs you have a chance of eventually hitting paydirt (Unless you are the Browns). However, at the same time, some fucktard betting 00 green can make himself look like a genius.

I think the reasons posts slow down this time of year is certainly due to the fact that our sport is kind of in hibernation, but I also think because this is the time of year when we get bombarded with meaningless bullshit. How many fucking stories about Baker Mayfield can these dickhead reporters create? I even read one assfuck who wrote about how the trade of Mayfield opens up new Progressive commercial ideas. WTF? Who even has shit like this going on in their head.

I want the Browns to win. That's all.
I'll say this about that...

Yes, I could end up looking like a moron. Going by history? It is unlikely. This has been a "thing" from day one on here bro, I make statements that get fanboys with low football IQ's all up in arms and butthurt only to end up spot on in my assessments.

I was a "moron" when I said that Holmgren was milking Lerner for $$$ and trying to leverage the Browns gig into a Seahawks Management position. I was a moron for saying Heckert was a clueless idiot who only got hired as a favor to Andy Reid as the Eagles were about to fire him for being a rubber stamp to Reid. I was a moron when I said Shurmer was unqualified to be a HC.

How'd that work out?

I was a moron when I said Mike Lombardi was still a fucking joke and wouldn't do shit for this team.

Again, how'd that work out?

I was a moron and "racist" for pointing out that IRG3 couldn't read defenses in College, put up big stats due to his WR's being wide open all day and that he was a 4th round flier prospect. Again, how'd that one work out? I was a moron for not wanting to trade away two years of draft picks for the kid.

I was a moron for wanting Jimmy G or Derek Carr over Johnny Football...

I was an absolute dumbass for proclaiming Pat Mahommes as everything Andrew Luck was hyped up to be. I was the biggest clueless asshole on the planet for saying Money all was a fucking retard for not having Mahommes graded as the #1 player in the draft and not trading up in the 1st before KC to draft the kid. Hmmm yeah, Garrett and Mahommes in one draft, how fucking stupid I must be.

That's right, everyone was riding DeRapist "4-12" Watsons sack in that draft and talking about how Mahommes was a long term project.

Yep, was clearly a moron when I said Hue Jackson was clueless during his first off-season. A moron when I said Sashi Clown was a fucking idiot who would end up being the worst GM in our history. People still try to defend Moneyball as some savant.

I could be a moron. Or it could be I actually know about the NFL and I know what I am talking about. I'll call it now: Within the next two seasons Shabbaz Al-Berry gets fired for being the inept fucking joke that he is.

Although the DW trade seems Haslam driven (Haslam is more willing to take ruthless chances) than AB approved (although AB is probably more adept at taking calculated risk), it seems at this moment in time, they overshot on the estimated 8-10 games. Assuming their skin remains thick, they have to be pretty "happy", or at least reassured and bolstered.

But all long, they didn't expect a massive penalty ...

I'll say this about that...

Yes, I could end up looking like a moron. Going by history? It is unlikely. This has been a "thing" from day one on here bro, I make statements that get fanboys with low football IQ's all up in arms and butthurt only to end up spot on in my assessments.

I was a "moron" when I said that Holmgren was milking Lerner for $$$ and trying to leverage the Browns gig into a Seahawks Management position. I was a moron for saying Heckert was a clueless idiot who only got hired as a favor to Andy Reid as the Eagles were about to fire him for being a rubber stamp to Reid. I was a moron when I said Shurmer was unqualified to be a HC.

How'd that work out?

I was a moron when I said Mike Lombardi was still a fucking joke and wouldn't do shit for this team.

Again, how'd that work out?

I was a moron and "racist" for pointing out that IRG3 couldn't read defenses in College, put up big stats due to his WR's being wide open all day and that he was a 4th round flier prospect. Again, how'd that one work out? I was a moron for not wanting to trade away two years of draft picks for the kid.

I was a moron for wanting Jimmy G or Derek Carr over Johnny Football...

I was an absolute dumbass for proclaiming Pat Mahommes as everything Andrew Luck was hyped up to be. I was the biggest clueless asshole on the planet for saying Money all was a fucking retard for not having Mahommes graded as the #1 player in the draft and not trading up in the 1st before KC to draft the kid. Hmmm yeah, Garrett and Mahommes in one draft, how fucking stupid I must be.

That's right, everyone was riding DeRapist "4-12" Watsons sack in that draft and talking about how Mahommes was a long term project.

Yep, was clearly a moron when I said Hue Jackson was clueless during his first off-season. A moron when I said Sashi Clown was a fucking idiot who would end up being the worst GM in our history. People still try to defend Moneyball as some savant.

I could be a moron. Or it could be I actually know about the NFL and I know what I am talking about. I'll call it now: Within the next two seasons Shabbaz Al-Berry gets fired for being the inept fucking joke that he is.
Rags, sorry for the way delayed response. I really liked your take and had this conversation going around in my head. Some of my reply is redundant perhaps but there is no other way to get across what I want to add.

First off, I have always thought we all are silly in that we all want to be right, we all take football probably at a level of importance much higher than it deserves. On the other hand, it does bond us. Whether it is family, friends or even the sunsabitches on this board that we hate, the damned team and the NFL matters to us. Screw anyone who doesn't get it.

I also am not insulting your stance about knowing something about the game, and life for that matter. This intro was not directed at your, but at all of us. On a personal note, even though I have been a recipient of your insults, it doesn't bother me or diminish that I like having you around. That said, here we go.

You, like a lot of my Browns friends are a purist. You can tolerate assholes on the team, but criminals, rapists, perverts and liars rub you the wrong way. Not putting words in your mouth but you strike me as a guy who would rather lose with a team, than win looking the other way from players who really are not good people. In my own career I have suffered firings and lack of promotions for the exact same position, so i understand and respect your perspective. I also don't disagree with it.

I too believe that when you build a house with shaky parts, it seldom stands.

If I was Haslam, I would have intervened in this cluster fuck the very first time Mayfield started shit and the other players expressed discontent. Much of what happened with the team, and with Mayfield's arrested development was directly caused by a lack of leadership. Haslam, Stefanski and company get an F. If I was the king, Mayfield would be starting this year and EVERYONE would be on the same page. If he struck out after that? Then shop for a new guy.

I would have never signed Watson. More so because I believe that doing so created a huge clusterfuck and distraction for the team. Baker's tweets versus this shit? $230 million, we are in the midst of training camp and we are having to still consider bringing on Garoppolo, Kaepernick et. al. ? I don't care how one weighs in on Watson, there is no other way to see this move as a total fuck up.

Sign Garoppolo, save a couple hundred million, load the team and have Mayfield pushed to do better. Seems smarter.

My only sticking point on Watson's side is that I am sick and tired of the bullshit that we must believe women simply because they are women. I am not telling you that I don't believe the guy pulled his dick out, but what I am saying is that I don't believe the women involved were offended, damaged and otherwise traumatized. Bro, not one of them filed a police report, called a manager, or asked to have him banned. Two Grand Juries? Not one woman went to court? Bro, he is a pervert, but these women are gold diggers. It all blows.

Add to that, the NFL installs a process. They don't like the process so now Godell (sp) gets to do whatever the fuck he wants any way? You are a man of principle, so I think you at least will acknowledge that the other side of this is fucked up as well.

So my red is this. I will be 68 this year and I still have not seen a Browns SB. Far worse than that however is that since Kosar left we have not had a single coach, owner or player who loves the Browns the way he did, the way that we do. I hated Kosar choking when he had a lead, but I would rather lose with a team like we had, then win with this pack of bullshit.

Someone who loves the Browns would never had let this bullshit happen. You despise Berry, and I am sitting in the seat next to you. Lerner was a fucking idiot, and Haslam is an idiot. I believe the reason our team is still in turmoil is because the leaders either do not have a moral/ethical principled core, or they are cowards who will not stand up and fight for those things.

Bill Cowher loves the Browns. Outside his Steeler office he had to seats from Memorial Stadium. The fucktards leading the Browns have no concept of our loyalty, other than to take advantage of it. If I am a betting man, the turmoil Watson's acquisition has created is just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine a one-year suspension and this guy having another episode with his penis come to light?

Wait, winning fixes everything? Hear, hear.
And losing sucks? Yup.

Some off seasons, we're gonna win it all.
Some off seasons, we're gonna suck.

BTW, we are totally used to "winning" the off season. Free agency, the draft, all of it. An off season of controversy is not our normal.

The Browns thought 8-10 games. There are some today (Albert Breer and Peter King) both mentioning 10 games.

You want to to know the craziest part of all of this? PGL, Shep, Nick, and Ragnar are all on the same page.
If that's possible, maybe be weathering the Watson shenanigans is too.

Let’s say 10 games, though this means appeals and all that nonsense. So, like the Elliott time line you posted. Does that mean we could see a ten game suspension mid November? Brutal!

Baker had time and, "guess what? He missed it." (My best Donovan voice).

I heard Jarvis was hurt again after 13 catches for 161 yards in three games. He's just older and needs more time to heal from the games it seems.

Baker? I don't know what's up with him. It was just a typical miss high that we've seen before. Just one.

Top Bottom