Andrew Berry - GM | Page 5 | Barking Hard

Andrew Berry - GM

Do you think DeCosta is a master talent evaluator? He's pretty good like AB though we still need to let AB's drafts play out a bit more. The article said DeCosta has had his misses too. So really Dorsey, DeCosta and AB are being compared and only Dorsey's mistakes are listed. WTF?!

The Ravens have taken a step back in talent evaluation and in the draft with DeCosta IMO.

The Ravens have taken a step back in talent evaluation and in the draft with DeCosta IMO.
I agree, but he benefits from having a phenomenal HC who covers up their weaknesses well. Like changing their offense to fit Lamar Jackson. As long as Lamar is their QB they will have issues getting FA WR's and will have to draft them often.

Also taking a step back, but still in the playoffs isn't all that significant of a drop off, yet.

I agree, but he benefits from having a phenomenal HC who covers up their weaknesses well. Like changing their offense to fit Lamar Jackson. As long as Lamar is their QB they will have issues getting FA WR's and will have to draft them often.

Also taking a step back, but still in the playoffs isn't all that significant of a drop off, yet.
Ravens managed to get Watkins to come as a FA.

So what?! We have Rashard Higgins who was better and cheaper last year than Watkins. Let them over pay for an overrated WR.

So what?! We have Rashard Higgins who was better and cheaper last year than Watkins. Let them over pay for an overrated WR.

Watkins career numbers dwarf higgins numbers as does his natural skill/talent. Point being Jackson has no bearing on FA WR desire to be in balt. Now if you want to say that BAL offense being geared as run first as a reason why FA wr may not want to sign with balt. Sure, of course they don't. But if you are looking to get your WR talent via FA you are already in trouble. Any wr available in FA is going to theo chasing their contract and pay day over Ws

And while I like higgins there is a reason CLE has been able to be able to retain him at that price they have. It's not because he simply loves NE Ohio

Watkins career numbers dwarf higgins numbers as does his natural skill/talent. Point being Jackson has no bearing on FA WR desire to be in balt. Now if you want to say that BAL offense being geared as run first as a reason why FA wr may not want to sign with balt. Sure, of course they don't. But if you are looking to get your WR talent via FA you are already in trouble. Any wr available in FA is going to theo chasing their contract and pay day over Ws

And while I like higgins there is a reason CLE has been able to be able to retain him at that price they have. It's not because he simply loves NE Ohio

Watkins is an ultra talent; the problem is he has been unable to stay healthy in his career. I get Baltimore taking a flyer on Sammy; we took flyers on Takk and Clowney.

He started his career in Buffalo good numbers considering Buffalo didn't have a decent QB. He played all 16 games his rookie year; missed 3 games his 2nd year and missed 8 games his 3rd year. I didn't even remember his 4th year with the Rams. The last 3 years, he missed 14 total games in KC. Can he stay healthy a full year in Baltimore? Can Lamar even get him the ball? He hasn't been able to get the other WR's the ball consistently.

I stand by what I said. Higgins was cheaper and better in 2020.

You can have a 1st round pedigree and not be productive for whatever the reasons are, but if you are a true ultra talent a commensurate contract would follow. And as an ultra talent you should be ultra productive. Particularly when your QB is/was Mahomes and your HC was Andy Reid. This is his third team now in seven years. That's not counting the 2017 year with the LAR.

I'll give you the injuries, but he has to show he can play subsequent to those injuries. He has not.

The Ravens have to be prepared to games where Jackson will have to throw consistently (probably the two Browns games will be a good example of it). WRs will want a huge contract to go there because most of the times they will find themselves blocking for #8.

GIF by memecandy

And surprising ...didn't think they would do it. Could have saved a few bucks by franchising him. But players who keep their mouths shut and leave it all on the field make me happy.
I thought similar. Though I expected Chubb and/or his agent to be trying to get a massive deal. With that being why he ended up on franchise tag for a year or two. Seems both sides were able to work out a deal that Chubb was happy with, and works for the team from a cap perspective.

I think the FO and coaching staff did a helluva job of selling Chubb on how good the situation is right here, right now. He might've been able to get a little bit more cash, but staying here for a solid deal and less wear and tear because Hunt takes up some of the load, allows him to get another big contract in three years. He'll be viewed as a reasonably fresh, highly productive, consummate professional, veteran RB and get paid again after this contract.

I think the FO and coaching staff did a helluva job of selling Chubb on how good the situation is right here, right now. He might've been able to get a little bit more cash, but staying here for a solid deal and less wear and tear because Hunt takes up some of the load, allows him to get another big contract in three years. He'll be viewed as a reasonably fresh, highly productive, consummate professional, veteran RB and get paid again after this contract.

Being here under the tutelage of a one Jim Brown and the great Stump Mitchell as your position coach is not a bad spot to be in either... That's knowledge you just can't buy anywhere... Hunt is the perfect Robin to Chubb's BatMan... I like how this is going... Kool-Aid anyone?

Top Bottom