Andrew Billings
Jordan Elliott
Tommy Togiai
Marvin Wilson

also Myles & Jadeveon are very good inside for passing downs
and Billings & Togiai are known for run stuffing and strength records
plus the UDFA was a top-100 graded player

Seems like plenty, and decently done

These rookies look good on paper but, it does not mean instant success. Coaches have to coach and players have to play. The speed of the NFL is a lot faster than high school and college. Let’s hope these guys are ready and prepare for it in the off season. Hopefully they don’t come in out of shape from wearing a permanent mask

AB has really done a phenomenal job this off season. I don't miss the hot-mess days, like the summation of the Raiders in the Mayock/Gruden era thus far ...

"The team had three first-round picks in 2019 and got little to show for it. Clelin Ferrell, the no. 4 pick in that draft, has 6.5 career sacks. Running back Josh Jacobs apparently inspires such little confidence that the Raiders gave $8.5 million guaranteed to Kenyan Drake in free agency. And safety Johnathan Abram has hardly delivered on his promise, with just 14 games played in two seasons. Then last year, the Raiders took receiver Henry Ruggs III in the first round, and he spent his rookie season looking unpolished and undeveloped. So when Vegas reached for Leatherwood, they’d already lost any benefit of the doubt."

- The Ringer

Last edited:
This was a draft masterclass by AB. Newsome and JOK are high end starters who have staying power in the league...and fill needs. JOK was my #1 want in the draft and getting him in round 2 is pure wizardry.

Hudson didn't allow a sack in two years at Cincy and comes in as a potential swing tackle with plenty of time to develop. He has the ability to develop and take over at RT when Conklin is ready to move on.

Togiai isn't fighting for a starting job this year...again, another guy who will have time to develop and eventually, potentially, take over for Billings when his contract is up.

Fields is a special teams player. We need those as well. Can he eventually play on defense? Maybe. He fits the mold of the modern LB and could provide depth.

LeCounte was an absolutely masterful late pick. I would have been happy with him earlier in the draft. One of my absolute 'wants' in this draft. LeCounte can do it all...and is an absolute dawg on the field. Nasty hitter...ball hawk...can play sideline-to-sideline. He was injured last year and not fully recovered by pro day. Just wait...this is s diamond pick.

Felton is a nice player. Some are going a little far with the Tye Hill comparisons...he doesn't have Hill's speed, which is Hill's #1 attribute. But he is a swiss army knife who can be lined up in the slot and in the backfield. It will be interesting to see how he is used.

Schwartz is the only head-scratching pick. He has speed...but that is about it. He is raw...Auburn, Malzahn specifically, does a terrible job developing WR's. He will have to learn to run routes from scratch.

UDFA Marvin Wilson...are you freakin' kidding me? I wanted this guy on day 3 so badly. He was an absolute force at FSU. Then, he got too caught up in the social justice stuff last off season, butted heads with FSU coaches and caused a mutiny on the FSU team. His season was basically over before it started. His potential is there...the Browns needs to remotivate him and reshape his body.

Overall, this was a master class that filled needs and is loaded with value.

I'm all in because AB handles the draft in a highly professional manner and the picks make sense. Now it's a matter of the talent we added to play as productive as we believe they all can be.

I'm all in because AB handles the draft in a highly professional manner and the picks make sense. Now it's a matter of the talent we added to play as productive as we believe they all can be.

AB does what great GM's do...he let's the draft come to him (Newsome) and takes advantage of very good opportunities when they arise (JOK). Add in his free agent moves and he is proving to be one of the top GM's in the NFL already.

This has me wondering if Schwartz might be a better CB with his fast feet and flat out speed.
As a CB he'd be successful if he simply made sure the ball didn't get caught by the opposing receiver.
I'm still not convinced he's a football player yet.

Top Bottom