Andrew Berry - GM | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Andrew Berry - GM

The first pick made 0 sense...
It made complete sense. Ward misses multiple games a year, and up for a huge chunk ntract after 2022. Greedy has played like 10 games in 2 years and was meh when he did play his rookie year (no guarantee he can even play now or recover from his injury issue), and Hill was sign d to a 2 year deal that really can be a 1 year deal. So CB was a need and they picked one of the top rated CB in the draft. It's not like they passed up on some other need or player that would have made sense at their pick. I mean they could have taken the LB everyone was freaking out about and was ultimately available 20 picks later in round 2. I would bet Newsome would not have still been on the board then.

He's INJURY PRONE!... It makes 0 sense to draft him....
What we're his injuries? That's what would be the concen about "inury prone". Some guys have a bunch of soft tissue issues and n college that they don't have in the pros due to the vast difference in training available to him. Also did each keep him out of games, or was he also held out because of the injury.

You are hard pressed to find any draft pick who hasn't had some injuries.

He's INJURY PRONE!... It makes 0 sense to draft him....
He addressed some of that in his interview after the draft and said he could've played, but the coaches held him back. I'm not sure which injury he was referring to, but he could have played if the staff allowed him to. All things considered the CB position was the biggest position to fill after we patched up the DE spot beside Garrett and the safety spot with Johnson.

It is a concern, but to say it makes zero sense? He's a high end CB talent where we had no starter. None. That spot without Newsome would be exploited over and over even with Greedy healthy. Now Greedy can be a decent 3rd CB.

The bitch is we'll be here next year looking for another CB and another edge. And rightly so. Greedy may be gone too.

It made complete sense. Ward misses multiple games a year, and up for a huge chunk ntract after 2022. Greedy has played like 10 games in 2 years and was meh when he did play his rookie year (no guarantee he can even play now or recover from his injury issue), and Hill was sign d to a 2 year deal that really can be a 1 year deal. So CB was a need and they picked one of the top rated CB in the draft. It's not like they passed up on some other need or player that would have made sense at their pick. I mean they could have taken the LB everyone was freaking out about and was ultimately available 20 picks later in round 2. I would bet Newsome would not have still been on the board then.

This kid will miss time this year... Book it.. He is GLASS!

This kid will miss time this year... Book it.. He is GLASS!
He probably will. Same for Ward and Greedy, and probably some other DBs. Be it from to injured to play, or the team deciding not to risk it even if the guy can play through it. Always depends on the player, who the team is playing, and how the rest of that positions depth chart looks health wise. With the 17 game schedule I won't be surprised to see some teams load manage for certain players or positions.

I was just reading up and his injuries have been the kind that happen all the time to CB and WR. Ankle and groin. Only one required surgery.

I remember hearing how Garrett was glass, a Zumba instructor, etc. so there is that... .

I'd save made of glass for Clowney, or Watt at this point in his career (who chose ARZ)

One of the most oft injured players on this team is Tretter. Every single year he has a bad knee. Difference is for him he plays through it and if Newsome, Ward and Greedy can play through their injuries and play at a high level like Tretter, it's all good.

...Newsome has some injury concerns, but he might be the smoothest off-ball coverage cornerback in this class with his feet and movement skills. His 2020 season at Northwestern was as good as it gets from a production standpoint. Newsome allowed 12 receptions and fewer than 100 yards into his coverage on 34 targets over six games...

We have just enough in the secondary with Newsome. Robert Jackson got some snaps last year as did MJ Stewart so maybe one of those guys can step up enough to contribute some quality snaps this year. 🤞 🤞 🤞

We have just enough in the secondary with Newsome. Robert Jackson got some snaps last year as did MJ Stewart so maybe one of those guys can step up enough to contribute some quality snaps this year. 🤞 🤞 🤞

We don't have enough at CB yet. Right now we have Ward & Hill as our only 2 proven CB's. Hopefully Newsome pans out and Greedy gets healthy and is decent. Jackson, Stewart and Allen all stink. I would like to sign a veteran to add to mix. I'm not so sure we won't.

It still takes a few years to accurately grade out a draft, but if the talent AB and this FO acquired pans out as expected we'll be doing very well for a long, long time.

How did last years draft grade out an A? We got a very good LT, Wills. But Delpit never saw the field and LB Phillips was OK. He also missed multiple games. Elliot was OK. Bryant played well then tapered off after a couple fumbles. All of those players still have question marks coming into this season as far as I can tell. DPJ was a solid pick, but he's lost on returns.

The fact that we collected a bunch of new LB's and DLinemen tells me they are not comfortable with the guys they already put here.

To me I think this FO does a phenomenal job of navigating the draft. All of the picks they took were cold ass calculations. As far as the talent they acquired it takes awhile to accurately gauge whether the guys they picked will be solid starters, occasional Pro Bowl players, HOF'ers or duds.

After re-reading my own post I guess one can say they adhere to their analytics and their analytics department looks to be on point.
Olympics Turkey GIF by TRT

I found this nugget to share:

"...Dorsey was and is a great judge of talent, but you cannot (1) hire Freddie Kitchens as your head coach, (2) overspend the salary cap allowance by more than $20 million, (3) trade away your first-round draft pick, (4) finish 6-10, and (5) keep your job as an NFL general manager. Jeepers creepers, John."

This might explain why Sheldon Richardson was let go and portends the future for OBJ in Cleveland, I think.
Well Sheldon was due 12M salary for 2021. Aside from needing some cap space the reality is his production doesn't warrant the price tag. Clearly his market demand is currently not there either, or at least at the money he is currently looking for. So now my guess is they are in the waiting game to see come training camp if a team suddenly has a massive hole at DT and forced to over pay.

Do you think DeCosta is a master talent evaluator? He's pretty good like AB though we still need to let AB's drafts play out a bit more. The article said DeCosta has had his misses too. So really Dorsey, DeCosta and AB are being compared and only Dorsey's mistakes are listed. WTF?!

Top Bottom