NFL Draft - Andrew Berry's first two drafts, review | Barking Hard

NFL Draft Andrew Berry's first two drafts, review

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
Yes yes yes. It's too early to tell. But, why not.

Pretty decent draft, as far as we can judge it up to this moment in time. 4 starters and 3 rotational guys as we head into fall of 2022.

• Round 1, Pick No. 26: Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern
  • Round 2, Pick No. 52: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
  • Round 3, Pick No. 91: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn
  • Round 4, Pick No. 110: James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati
  • Round 4, Pick No. 132: Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State
  • Round 5, Pick No. 153: Tony Fields II, LB, West Virginia
  • Round 5, Pick No. 169: Richard LeCounte, S, Georgia
  • Round 6, Pick No. 211: Demetric Felton, RB, UCLA
Two hits with GNII & JOK. Both in the top-20 of rookie defenders. JOK the only rookie with a 70+ PFF run and pass defense grade.

I still question if Schwarz has the toughness. Almost TOO nice of kid.
Hudson too green to tell, and Togiai too young to tell.
LeCounte has potential. So does Felton. Both in medium roles.

Wills did not progress last year from his rookie season. I hope it was because of his ankle injury and he plays better this year. Delpit, Elliot and Phillips all missed a ton of games over the last two seasons. Elliot came in last year too heavy and had to drop weight during the season and still was average. Phillips had a nice game or two at the end of the season and Delpit played very well in his rookie year. Harrison Bryant and DPJ are both solid and we're going to find out how good Nick Harris is after mostly sitting the past two years on the bench.

Newsome and JOK are both excellent players, but outside of them Togiai, Hudson and Schwartz each played a bit and Felton somehow was awarded a ST honor of some type. I don't know how he qualified for any award, but he got something. LeCounte was in the doghouse for unknown reasons and was not on the gameday roster most of the time as well as Fields, but Fields is a ST'er.

It'll take another year to get more accuracy cause Wills is cause for concern right now. Just ask Wyatt Teller.

Yah, not great, especially if Will turns out to be a lazy bum. But solid with Delpit, Phillips, JOK, DPJ all hits imo. Togiai, Felton and LeCounte look like they might make it as well. I really wanted to see more of LeCount, but Woods is gonna Woods.

NFL.com ranked GMs: Berry was ranked 18 out of 22 - only 22 because others are considered too soon to tell or first year.

The league is really, really pissed about the Watson trade/contract. Like, really pissed.

The league is really, really pissed about the Watson trade/contract. Like, really pissed.

It's good to be one of the richest owners. I suppose.

Berry barely qualifies to be ranked then, which makes sense. He'll be top 5, or last, in a few years, largely depending on Watson.

NFL.com ranked GMs: Berry was ranked 18 out of 22 - only 22 because others are considered too soon to tell or first year.

They aren't pissed, they were actually being extremely generous with the #18 ranking. Berry is absolute fucking dog shit at his job.

Yeah, less interested in Gregg Rosenthal's rankings than in the reports we've heard of other NFL teams' FO people around the league having both a high amount of respect for Andrew Berry / the Browns FO and also considering them to drive the hardest bargain.

The first sentence of Rosenthal's ranking of Berry openly undermines his entire process. He literally says his rankings are "capricious." So, hard for me to invest too much in engaging with them.

I like Ocon's approach. Just show his body of work (ie, players acquired).

I also wonder where AB would rank in a read-out of "most value created through draft picks since 2020" -- like, all the graphics that get shown in the wake of a draft trade of the two value charts . . . I bet AB would be at the top of that list.

I also feel like Rosenthal's rankings are based on fastest turnaround time, which, sure -- AB & Co. aren't winning in that race. But, they were also handcuffed by a neanderthal with a mouthful of gum who chose Baker Mayfield at #1 (John Dorsey the slack-jawed yokel, of course).

I feel bad for Sashi, AB, and Paul Depodesta -- for having laid so much groundwork starting in 2016-2017, only to have it absolutely torpedoed by moron John Dorsey's absolutely devastating selection of Baker. Dorsey screwed this team with that atrocious pick.

So, AB & Co. were handcuffed in a way that, eg, Brandon Beane / Sean McDermott were not. Pretty sure hte Bills were starting . . . Nathan Peterman before drafting Allen. Whereas AB & Co. were handcuffed with a #1 overall pick. Quite honestly I think their willingness to just drop him like a hot potato, as they've done, is an incredibly confident, maverick move. All this talk blaming AB for the fact that they have no leverage because no one wants Baker? Yeah um, let's miss AB with that and forward it on to the lone wolf, "I don't listen to the wisdom of people who are smarter than me" who deserves the blame - JD.

Holy fuck, we have reached pure revisionism in an effort to excuse Berry being mind blowing stupid as a GM. All of our problems are because of Dorsey? The guy who fixed the collosal, historically worst front office in NFL history that was SaShit The Clown and Paul Dumbfuckdesta? Please, let's use a LITTLE common sense. Berry isn't a failure at GM because Dorsey drafted the guy Jimmy Haslem demanded in place of Dorsey's guy Josh Allen.

Berry is a shit GM because he is utterly fucking clueless and can't draft to save his ass. Which is one of the reasons why he pushed to cripple this team for the next decade by trading away the farm for a mediocre, 4-12 QB that can't stop sexually assaulting people. Berry was generously ranked #18 in no small amount due to pity for the Browns fanbase having to deal with his garbage ass.

compared to last year? this year was absolute dogsh^t.the schwartz pick last year was an obvious overreach just like emerson and alex fu&king wright this year.I am fu&king disgusted with his efforts this year.terrible draft.when you go out on a limb and risk low ranked players,and they dont hit? you get fired and schwartz did not hit! nor will these other 2 bums we drafted.
no impact players in our top 3 picks.BOOO! fu&king hate it! D-. whos got mike mayocks number?
1st we overreach for need at CB then we draft a RB in the 5th? WTF is going on with this guy? Im out on berry.O-U-T!
BPA you goddamn moron,in a shitty draft you make the most of what you got,you dont trade back.passing on butkus winner nakobe dean in the 3rd rd? winfrey might work out but his tape isnt great.pick of the draft for me was isiah thomas.

Last edited:

We are not trying to win the gm power rankings. :)
I mean, who the hell cares where some guy, who has some clickbait deadline to meet, ranks who.

If we win the superbowl, our GM is #1 baby.

Yeah, less interested in Gregg Rosenthal's rankings than in the reports we've heard of other NFL teams' FO people around the league having both a high amount of respect for Andrew Berry / the Browns FO and also considering them to drive the hardest bargain.

The first sentence of Rosenthal's ranking of Berry openly undermines his entire process. He literally says his rankings are "capricious." So, hard for me to invest too much in engaging with them.

I like Ocon's approach. Just show his body of work (ie, players acquired).

I also wonder where AB would rank in a read-out of "most value created through draft picks since 2020" -- like, all the graphics that get shown in the wake of a draft trade of the two value charts . . . I bet AB would be at the top of that list.

I also feel like Rosenthal's rankings are based on fastest turnaround time, which, sure -- AB & Co. aren't winning in that race. But, they were also handcuffed by a neanderthal with a mouthful of gum who chose Baker Mayfield at #1 (John Dorsey the slack-jawed yokel, of course).

I feel bad for Sashi, AB, and Paul Depodesta -- for having laid so much groundwork starting in 2016-2017, only to have it absolutely torpedoed by moron John Dorsey's absolutely devastating selection of Baker. Dorsey screwed this team with that atrocious pick.

So, AB & Co. were handcuffed in a way that, eg, Brandon Beane / Sean McDermott were not. Pretty sure hte Bills were starting . . . Nathan Peterman before drafting Allen. Whereas AB & Co. were handcuffed with a #1 overall pick. Quite honestly I think their willingness to just drop him like a hot potato, as they've done, is an incredibly confident, maverick move. All this talk blaming AB for the fact that they have no leverage because no one wants Baker? Yeah um, let's miss AB with that and forward it on to the lone wolf, "I don't listen to the wisdom of people who are smarter than me" who deserves the blame - JD.
Dorsey brought us Ward and Chubb in that draft. Baker is not a whiff at QB. He may not be as prolific as Josh Allen, but he's a better starter than what several teams currently have on their roster. AB has not traded him at this time because he lost his leverage when Watson was added. That's on AB. Those handcuffs are his own not Dorsey's.

To AB's credit he has refused to give Baker away. Meaning that Baker does have value higher than what these teams are currently offering. This FO is going to wait it out for a fair offer and rightly so.

I'm a tired of these talking heads like Rosenthal creating another list. Especially when it's based on his "capricious" opinion. If you want you can create your own list of NFL FO's when you have some free time and it would be as valid as his. Just qualify a few things here and there in it and viola'! A list.

Btw, who gives a fuck about Sashi? Seriously, why?

Dorsey brought us Ward and Chubb in that draft. Baker is not a whiff at QB. He may not be as prolific as Josh Allen, but he's a better starter than what several teams currently have on their roster. AB has not traded him at this time because he lost his leverage when Watson was added. That's on AB. Those handcuffs are his own not Dorsey's.

To AB's credit he has refused to give Baker away. Meaning that Baker does have value higher than what these teams are currently offering. This FO is going to wait it out for a fair offer and rightly so.

I'm a tired of these talking heads like Rosenthal creating another list. Especially when it's based on his "capricious" opinion. If you want you can create your own list of NFL FO's when you have some free time and it would be as valid as his. Just qualify a few things here and there in it and viola'! A list.

Btw, who gives a fuck about Sashi? Seriously, why?
Some people seriously believe SaShit The Clown was some prolific NFL Maestro who had he just been given more time would have recreated the Noll era Steelers or Jimmy Johnson Cowboys.

Unfortunately truth prevails, he was a fucking moron who botched everything he touched and made Savage and Kokinas look like Noll and Johnson I'm comparison to how fucking terrible he was. Berry is accomplishing that same feat at a rapid pace.

Top Bottom