Any Major League Fans? | Barking Hard

Any Major League Fans?

Chuck Brown

The movie(s) that is. Although the first one is the funniest. I recorded it on VHS back in the early 90's on the old USA network. Wasn't until years later I saw the unedited version. The TV version cut a lot out!

Nah I don't think there was an unedited version. The TV version from my grade school years was just very censored. For example when Jake visits his ex's apartment it just left off with her boyfriend saying stay away from her. Also memorable was it only keep I'll stuff it down your throat when Jake confronts Dorn about not hustling

I love all of them, even the third one about the minor league team (The Buzz).

While off topic, your anecdote about TV versions reminded me of Spaceballs. I had only seen TV versions as a kid and I remember how much more crude it was when I finally saw it on DVD.

It's not too different but the "Major Asshole" scene is cut from the TV version, or edited.

"I'm surrounded by Assholes!" bahahaha.

You know, Major League is one movie they could remake if they wanted to. I know it would probably suck but still.

It's not too different but the "Major Asshole" scene is cut from the TV version, or edited.

"I'm surrounded by Assholes!" bahahaha.

You know, Major League is one movie they could remake if they wanted to. I know it would probably suck but still.

This interview was from last year. Charlie seemed interested, guess it never saw the light of day/money

This made me want to back to watch the movie for the first time in years. This is how you can manipulate an R rated movie:

TV version: You my run like Mays but you hit like his sister.
You may think I stink now! (Everything else chopped out of Rick's rant when he
thinks he's cut)
Strike this guy out! (Dorn to Vaughn at the end of the game)
The manager pissing on Dorn's contract was removed.

You guy have seen the movie so I think you know what scenes I'm talking about. Amazing how that stayed in my head for so long!

I love all of them, even the third one about the minor league team (The Buzz).

While off topic, your anecdote about TV versions reminded me of Spaceballs. I had only seen TV versions as a kid and I remember how much more crude it was when I finally saw it on DVD.

Your bit about the 3rd one made me realize I never really gave it a chance. Only saw the trailer a long time already and never really was interested because most of the original cast wasn't in it.
I watched it last night for the first time in its entirety. It was a little corny but I liked it!

I think it actually aged well. I liked where the coach tried to get downtown to hit to left field. Seems today guys ego's are too big to go back to the minors and polish up their craft.

I'm really glad you gave that movie a chance, yeah it wasn't the Indians and yeah it was definitely corny but I agree it has aged very well. That's an advantage sports movies have over a lot of different genres because Sports doesn't really age like the same way other things do. I could dive in to a whole ramble about film on it but yes!

Just re-watched Necessary Roughness for the first time in ages. Held up well and was still funny. Scott Bakula played a similar character as he did in the 3rd major league

I've got that movie, still in the plastic from when I bought it I think lmao. If I still own it, I should dust it off and watch it.

No I remember it vaguely, but I was around 10 years old.

It was a thing for a minute and we moved on to our own games.
:)

Top Bottom