Baker Mayfield 2020 | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Baker Mayfield 2020

Another SB winner I see, it’s like a theme around here.

We are beating a dead horses here. So again, let’s not confuse this with anti Baker. Just an opinion to correlate with your dump hypothesis.

So a man should give up an opportunity to make money from endorsements.. A football career is short lived...As long as Baker is a part of winning games.. I don't give 2 shits what he or any man does... Get off it already...

Don’t listen to Shannon Sharp or much of any sports talk these days so the only drivel I can repeat is yours. ;)

Rodgers and Mahomes both have a ring and MVP so I’d guess maybe he’s got a point though. Kind of like comparing apples to oranges. Successful athletes with winning in the NFL VS Baker who beat a rookie at home.

let’s not confuse criticism with not liking. I want Baker to be the dude but when he throws a pick and the first commercial I see is him. It’s a bit much. An unfair reminder that he may of bought in to the hype a bit early like everyone else. Just win and it all goes away!

It all depends on the market and where there is a market there is generally a reason. Baker won the Heisman Trophy and was drafted #1. He got those offers for a reason and it wasn't for beating a rookie. And if you don't like it, you can lump it. (And I suppose that is what you have done in this thread. Cheers!)

the more i think about this it might be the perfect marriage between baker and stefanski.

Sefanski- wants efficient offense based on the running game with emphasis on taking care of the ball but throwing the ball down field when you do throw but limiting attempts

Baker- gunslinger always wants to make the big play prone to INT's and big plays because of this when asked to throw lots of times.

Sefanski needs baker and baker needs stafanski. Baker will get into trouble if you make him throw 40+ times just because he wants to make big plays on every throw.

this offense limits his exposure but when he does throw it gets him in space to see the field and a defense keying on the run so big plays can be had with limited risk.

this offense doesn't work up to its potential with a checkdown charlie....someone afraid to push the ball downfield it works best with a brett farve/ john Elway type.

we will see how this plays out .....

If you can shut down the run?
we in trouble
we cant get big rush yards from our QB like arizona can
force baker to win through the air? its going to be the theme song for season 2020

dont get me wrong we can and will improve
I just dont think we are there yet O-line wise to have much faith in this OFF
we need a top 5 O-line to be a winner in this div with our strategy
I think it takes a year and one more draft (for gods sake can we draft a SS?) until we can compete with the leagues best lines
chase young this week - yikes, truly the monster that swallowed tokyo

If you can shut down the run?
we in trouble
we cant get big rush yards from our QB like arizona can
force baker to win through the air? its going to be the theme song for season 2020

dont get me wrong we can and will improve
I just dont think we are there yet O-line wise to have much faith in this OFF
we need a top 5 O-line to be a winner in this div with our strategy
I think it takes a year and one more draft (for gods sake can we draft a SS?) until we can compete with the leagues best lines
chase young this week - yikes, truly the monster that swallowed tokyo

i dont know if its that simple.... our Oline has been great so far. Teams will need to sell out to stop the run and that will leave the secondary on an island.

there are like 2 teams we arent going to match-up good against..... you guessed it Baltimore and Pittsburgh. baltimore has the best secondary in the NFL and Pittsburgh has the best run defense.

he always be yellin!
does he yell his wife good morning?

the O-line has been great? against the bengals yeah - I saw the O-line highlights
where are the highlights from the ravens game?
I said dont get me wrong - this is a work in progress
I think this line will be very good - eventually

he always be yellin!
does he yell his wife good morning?

the O-line has been great? against the bengals yeah - I saw the O-line highlights
where are the highlights from the ravens game?
I said dont get me wrong - this is a work in progress
I think this line will be very good - eventually

Anytime you do well against any NFL defense.. consider it a blessing...

I just have a bad feeling CY is gonna be doing some blessing of his own this week
so,Im saying my prayers
It was such a relief to see baker throw a TD!
blessed? I thought Id died and gone to heaven!

Playing nice efficient games, not passing the ball much and in turn avoiding turnovers will do wonders for a QBR. Hopefully he continues the upward trend. I'm encouraged by Stefanski so far.

Pretty sure that was the Big Ben formula for his first 3 years. He didn't walk out of Miami with the ability to throw for 400.

I said at the beginning the talent is all here for Baker + KS to succeed. Now, it's looking like it's on Baker, as KS is adjusting in-game to what's working.

No, I don't think so. :) It's not the way Baker throws the ball that's a problem ...he has a great arm! (although he does sail what seems like a ton of balls) It's the people he doesn't see. It's easy to understand why a room full of WRs like we have get frustrated at times. Working hard to get open, and you are practically standing right in front of the QB but he can't see you. Has to suck. I look forward to next week, we should be able to get back to letting Baker do what he's comfortable with. Hope he rises to the challenge, we may have to keep pace with Dallas in a high scoring affair without the benefit of a +# turnover ratio. (hopefully Myles strikes again) Stefanski said he likes running late ...I hope we run early and often, keep the Dallas O off the field.

Top Bottom