Baker Mayfield 2020 | Page 41 | Barking Hard

Baker Mayfield 2020

So even after an official review this was somehow overlooked?

kanye west wtf GIF

I felt since last week the Refs were up to something and sure as shit they are... They're making it very obvious!

What's the point of a review when the "ref" that does the review doesn't make the corrections that are plain to see on the video?

I think it speaks more to the incompetence of the officials across the league than a Browns thing.

Every team in the league gets screwed over by bad calls and misrepresentation of plays and/or technique leading to BS phantom calls or ignoring calls that should be made. Especially when we watch Myles Garrett getting hooked damn near every time. If that is legal somebody better let Harris and Lamm know immediately.

So even after an official review this was somehow overlooked?

kanye west wtf GIF

Pretty sure that is not a foul. Incidental/inadvertent contact with the helmet or face mask is not a personal foul or roughing the passer. The defender did not grab it, which would be a penalty if they did. This is also a play which is not reviewable under instant reply rules

If they review a play the replay official can't point out a hit to the helmet on the QB even if it's inadvertent? I thought the play is reviewable because all change of possession plays are reviewed.
No the official cannot. They can review items which are reviewable under instant replay rules. Items that are not reviewable do not get to be reviewable because the official is reviewing for a reviewable item. An official looking for a fumble can't spot a hold and then issue a holding call as a result of the review of the play, for example.

What would be the purpose of pointing out an inadvertent hit to the facemask when it's not a penalty anyway?

No the official cannot. They can review items which are reviewable under instant replay rules. Items that are not reviewable do not get to be reviewable because the official is reviewing for a reviewable item. An official looking for a fumble can't spot a hold and then issue a holding call as a result of the review of the play, for example.

What would be the purpose of pointing out an inadvertent hit to the facemask when it's not a penalty anyway?
There is no such thing as an inadvertent hit to the head on a qb. He’s either hit in the head or he’s not. We’ve seen so many incidental contact to the heads called for 15 yard penalties the last few years that there is precedent established. Should have been a penalty. As far as a non call not being reviewable, that’s another issue. I would think that a pass interference call being reviewable opens the door for a hit to the head being reviewable in the future. Although I am not a big fan of most reviews anyways as the zebras seem to muff a lot of obvious calls. Whether on the field or in NY. Then you get to listen to the network aficionado try and explain it away

There is no such thing as an inadvertent hit to the head on a qb. He’s either hit in the head or he’s not. We’ve seen so many incidental contact to the heads called for 15 yard penalties the last few years that there is precedent established. Should have been a penalty. As far as a non call not being reviewable, that’s another issue. I would think that a pass interference call being reviewable opens the door for a hit to the head being reviewable in the future. Although I am not a big fan of most reviews anyways as the zebras seem to muff a lot of obvious calls. Whether on the field or in NY. Then you get to listen to the network aficionado try and explain it away

By rule that okay is not a penalty and it should not be called a penalty. That Twitter handle is 0-2 on knowing NFL rules. It's making an excuse for losing.

Last edited:
He definitely pushed Baker's facemask, but they missed it.

ARTICLE 15. TWISTING, PULLING, OR TURNING THE FACEMASK OR HELMET OPENING

No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask or helmet opening of an opponent in any direction.

Note: If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask or helmet opening, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

Penalty: For twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, or controlling the mask or helmet opening: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is flagrant. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

He definitely pushed Baker's facemask, but they missed it.

ARTICLE 15. TWISTING, PULLING, OR TURNING THE FACEMASK OR HELMET OPENING

No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask or helmet opening of an opponent in any direction.

Note: If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask or helmet opening, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

Penalty: For twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, or controlling the mask or helmet opening: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is flagrant. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.
He smacked it inadvertently trying to get to he QB. Nothing to miss. It's not a penalty

So says Twitter. But since I don’t Twitter, tweet, Facebook, Google, Amazon or TMZ (interesting group of social media btw) I still stand by the many calls we’ve seen that were even less than that hit, where penalties have been called. So at this point, it’s all about interpretation.

So says Twitter. But since I don’t Twitter, tweet, Facebook, Google, Amazon or TMZ (interesting group of social media btw) I still stand by the many calls we’ve seen that were even less than that hit, where penalties have been called. So at this point, it’s all about interpretation.

Amazon has no social media platform... They sell shit...

Amazon has no social media platform... They sell shit...
Yes they sell shit. They use social media like Google, Twitter, FB, YouTube, Pinterest and others to sell and advertise selling shit. It’s a rather tight knit community. They definitely got each other’s back.

Amazon actually does have a social media sight that many know nothing about. But it is available to the more than 90 million Prime members. This according to Wiki or Google or wherever the hell I saw that a while back. It’s called Spark I think.

Yes they sell shit. They use social media like Google, Twitter, FB, YouTube, Pinterest and others to sell and advertise selling shit. It’s a rather tight knit community. They definitely got each other’s back.

Amazon actually does have a social media sight that many no nothing about. But it is available to the more than 90 million Prime members. This according to to Wiki or Google or wherever the hell I saw that a while back. It’s called Spark I think.

Well I'm a prime member and never heard of it..

Legal or not, I have a hard time believing the refs are out for us. How about that awful call on the jets for roughing the passer, though not complaining, it was awful.

Agree. This is not premeditation. This is pure mediocrity. The game is changing, the rules are becoming increasingly more difficult to apply and many refs are simply not good enough. That's a big area of improvement for the NFL.

Yes it is!... The rule states you cannot touch a face mask inadvertent or not!
That's not what the rules state under face mask and roughing the QB.

No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction.

Note: If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

Mayfield's facemask wasn't even grasped to start with. Hence no penalty

Top Bottom