Baker Mayfield 2020 | Page 42 | Barking Hard

Baker Mayfield 2020

That's not what the rules state under face mask and roughing the QB.

No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction.

Note: If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

Mayfield's facemask wasn't even grasped to start with. Hence n

Ok Ding dong... You apparently don't understand.. You CANNOT touch the QB's face mask period.. you just said it yourself lol ... Now go back to your little celophane bubble and suffocate yourself!!!

Ok Ding dong... You apparently don't understand.. You CANNOT touch the QB's face mask period.. you just said it yourself lol ... Now go back to your little celophane bubble and suffocate yourself!!!
There is no rule that a QBs face mask cannot be touched. I also did not say a QBs face mask cannot be touched. Read the rule. For a facemask penalty it must grasped and while grasped it needs to be controlled, twist, turned, or pulled. In this scenario it wasn't even grasped.

So even after an official review this was somehow overlooked?

kanye west wtf GIF

illegal use of hands to the face, thats a 10-yard penalty.1st down OR personal foul, roughing the passer, thats a 10-yard penalty.1st down
you could also call unnecessary roughness.you cant "deacon" any player like that let alone a QB

illegal use of hands to the face, thats a 10-yard penalty.1st down OR personal foul, roughing the passer, thats a 10-yard penalty.1st down
you could also call unnecessary roughness.you cant "deacon" any player like that let alone a QB
Illegal hands to the face is a foul that is committed by a blocker. It does not apply to contact to a facemask when trying to tackle a player, including a QB.

Roughing the passer has no rule about making contact with the facemask with hands when trying to tackle the QB or get at him when he is in the pocket (beyond normal facemask penalty). Roughing the passer is a 15 yard penalty. Roughing the Passer | NFL Football Operations

Again, by rule that contact to Baker's facemask when trying to get at him in the pocket is not a foul according to any NFL rules.

Last edited:
Illegal hands to the face is a foul that is committed by a blocker. It does not apply to contact to a facemask when trying to tackle a player, including a QB.

Roughing the passer has no rule about making contact with the facemask with hands when trying to tackle the QB or get at him when he is in the pocket (beyond normal facemask penalty). Roughing the passer is a 15 yard penalty. Roughing the Passer | NFL Football Operations

Again, by rule that contact to Baker's facemask when trying to get at him in the pocket is not a foul according to any NFL rules.
Ok. You’re hired and the guys in NY are fired! 2008? Where have I been?

roughing the passer is a foul in which a defensive player makes illegal contact with an offensive player (most often the quarterback)

unnecessary roughness can be called any time.once again making a weak argument for nothing.zebra's you're pals?
youre master troll is all. you just crave attention
Read

Unnecessary roughness is a penalty in football that is called when rough contact, deemed unnecessary, is made against a player who is often ruled defenseless. When an offensive player commits this penalty, it results in a 15 yard loss and a replay of the down for the offense.

Head

(a) thrust his hands forward above the frame of an opponent to contact him on the neck, face, or head (Note: Contact in close-line play that is not prolonged and sustained is not a foul unless the opponent's head is pinned back by direct and forcible contact);

Lol that pointing out the rules makes me a troll. I ain't looking for attention. But I get it. You don't know the rules of an NFL game, and got your panties all wet over a tweet from the same Twitter handle that didn't know the rules for a fumble too

Ok I think I’ve heard enough about that no penalty. I certainly don’t hear Baker complaining about it. Had they called that a face mask, even I would have shook my head. Let’s not pussyfy these players anymore than they’ve already been.......

what jerks, you dont even stick up for your own QB? who is obviously defenseless BTW
punters get calls when players roll onto their feet. I think thats a fair penalty for any QB ,no doubt
yeah, Ive heard enough BS from you both on this.enough.

what jerks, you dont even stick up for your own QB? who is obviously defenseless BTW
punters get calls when players roll onto their feet. I think thats a fair penalty for any QB ,no doubt
yeah, Ive heard enough BS from you both on this.enough.

Finally... Someone with some common sense... I have never seen such hate for a guy who busts his ass off.. This town does not deserve Baker... They derseve garbage like Tuhrod Taylor or RGKnee!

As much as I love Baker, I’m not gonna whine n cry over “touch fouls” that don’t get called. If y’all want to see what a real penalty looks like, watch the Fitzmagic face mask/personal foul then you’ll have something for comparison. Get over it already guys. That game and that play are long gone and did not affect the outcome of that game.

Top Bottom