Baker Mayfield 2020 | Page 3 | Barking Hard

Baker Mayfield 2020

Hey guys, I haven't been here in some time, probably not since Baker's first season. Long story short, I joined a Madden League here in the UK so really got into that community for watching and talking about NFL games. There's even another Browns fan! A few too many bandwagon Pats fans but you can't have it all. It's good to see this board still going though. I'll try and be as active as I can.

Last season was a really tough one to watch. In retrospect, I wish we'd just left everything as it was at the end of Baker's first season. If Gregg didn't want a HC job, then Bruce Arians begging for the job on National TV would have been my go-to pick, but that's history now.

We can't get last season back for Baker now and obviously the conditions for this season are not ideal in terms of a bounce back year. Nevertheless, the game tonight has the feeling of a really pivotal moment, I think. This is like that Jets game all over again, except Baker cannot afford to be Tyrod Taylor. It's hard to know exactly what the last few years has done to him as a player and as a character, but I think he owes it to himself to not fade away to being another 'what-if' QB.

but lets hope not
the guy is short brett favre with a BA

I hope the people who always said his height was not a factor in his growing pains
can now understand how obvious it is
as long as he rolls out all over the place (which he did to great effect)
and his coaches scheme around his height? running game,playaction,gun,boot.
this kid could go all the way,and we could all go wid'em

I just wish his commercials weren’t on constantly, it’s a constant reminder that he could of put more work into being a better QB rather than an actor.

Maybe he has acting aspirations when his career ceases..... The commercials don't bother me so much... it only takes a day to shoot.. What he does on his free time is his business anyway...

I just wish his commercials weren’t on constantly, it’s a constant reminder that he could of put more work into being a better QB rather than an actor.

I think you may be listening to Shannon Sharpe too much. I don't blame Shannon for being a Ravens fan, he played for them, but do you need to repeat his drivel? Sharpe has no problem with Rogers and Mahomes cashing in, but thinks Baker doesn't "deserve" it. It really has nothing to do with anything except envy and might possibly be a reason for Baker to give the Browns a break on salary when the rookie contract is up--like Brady perhaps (and not like Rogers and Mahomes).

I think you may be listening to Shannon Sharpe too much. I don't blame Shannon for being a Ravens fan, he played for them, but do you need to repeat his drivel? Sharpe has no problem with Rogers and Mahomes cashing in, but thinks Baker doesn't "deserve" it. It really has nothing to do with anything except envy and might possibly be a reason for Baker to give the Browns a break on salary when the rookie contract is up--like Brady perhaps (and not like Rogers and Mahomes).

Absolutely right... America is about free enterprise after all.. Isn't it?

If Baker is worthy of being a franchise QB he won't be giving the Browns a break on anything. Laughable.

But he should if he is truly smart. Cashing in on commercials has no effect on cap space and the weapons he has around him nor a defense and complementary football that leads to winning. When a quarterback demands the big bucks, it has an effect on the quality of players around him. Part of the justification for the OBJ trade talk right now is the premium that some expect that Baker may demand after his rookie contract is up. Look at what is happening in Dallas. Dak is doing his team's chances for success no favors with his demands. Keeping it reasonable was a large part of the personal and team success that Brady had in NE.

But he should if he is truly smart. Cashing in on commercials has no effect on cap space and the weapons he has around him nor a defense and complementary football that leads to winning. When a quarterback demands the big bucks, it has an effect on the quality of players around him. Part of the justification for the OBJ trade talk right now is the premium that some expect that Baker may demand after his rookie contract is up. Look at what is happening in Dallas. Dak is doing his team's chances for success no favors with his demands. Keeping it reasonable was a large part of the personal and team success that Brady had in NE.

Hence why they signed Andy Dalton

Oh we agree, it would be the right thing to do if he truly cares about the team, and winning. But these guys believe they are owned by slaveholders and they need to get over on every red cent they can. Winning and the team won't even be a consideration, the union won't allow it.

Don’t listen to Shannon Sharp or much of any sports talk these days so the only drivel I can repeat is yours. ;)

Rodgers and Mahomes both have a ring and MVP so I’d guess maybe he’s got a point though. Kind of like comparing apples to oranges. Successful athletes with winning in the NFL VS Baker who beat a rookie at home.

let’s not confuse criticism with not liking. I want Baker to be the dude but when he throws a pick and the first commercial I see is him. It’s a bit much. An unfair reminder that he may of bought in to the hype a bit early like everyone else. Just win and it all goes away!

Don’t listen to Shannon Sharp or much of any sports talk these days so the only drivel I can repeat is yours. ;)

Rodgers and Mahomes both have a ring and MVP so I’d guess maybe he’s got a point though. Kind of like comparing apples to oranges. Successful athletes with winning in the NFL VS Baker who beat a rookie at home.

let’s not confuse criticism with not liking. I want Baker to be the dude but when he throws a pick and the first commercial I see is him. It’s a bit much. An unfair reminder that he may of bought in to the hype a bit early like everyone else. Just win and it all goes away!

I guess it was ok for Brett Farve to throw all of those picks and make commercials... What a man does in the off season is his business... Maybe you should stop taking a dump every morning.. Lets see how that works out...

I guess it was ok for Brett Farve to throw all of those picks and make commercials... What a man does in the off season is his business... Maybe you should stop taking a dump every morning.. Lets see how that works out...

Another SB winner I see, it’s like a theme around here.

We are beating a dead horses here. So again, let’s not confuse this with anti Baker. Just an opinion to correlate with your dump hypothesis.

Top Bottom