Browns - Baker requests trade, Browns don't want to trade Baker... | Page 34 | Barking Hard

Browns Baker requests trade, Browns don't want to trade Baker...

A Mayfield for Darnold swap would make no sense for CLE
darnold is @19 milly per? oh shit!I guess you'd be right then.pass,unless they keep the pick and pay 10 milly on darnolds contract.which prolly wouldn't happen either.healthy mayfields worth that though IMO.
what If BM leaves and balls out? berry could be on the hotseat over this whole deal.so browns.:rolleyes:
we thought we were out of QB purgatory only to be dragged back in!

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

darnold is @19 milly per? oh shit!I guess you'd be right then.pass,unless they keep the pick and pay 10 milly on darnolds contract.which prolly wouldn't happen either.healthy mayfields worth that though IMO.
what If BM leaves and balls out? berry could be on the hotseat over this whole deal.so browns.:rolleyes:
we thought we were out of QB purgatory only to be dragged back in!

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF
Yup. Darnold is on the same 5th year option as Baker.

While it's wishful thinking of CAR taking on Darnold contract money, can't see them doing that and taking on all of Baker's. Just wouldn't make sense for them.

Baker's film and track record doesn't show him worth that 19M or more than that. If it was, teams needing a QB would have jumped on getting Baker a long time ago rather that playing the long game of him getting cut. Cause their is no guarantee they could sign him as a FA.

If Baker suddenly really "balls out" it will be surprising. CLE was already headed to QB purgatory with Baker based on his performance. Just good enough to keep you competitive, but not good enough to carry a team when needed (ala Cousins). CLE used to be in QB hell, having not even good enough to keep you competitive.

A Mayfield for Darnold swap would make no sense for CLE

Unless we can't find a trade partner to take on Baker's money, and that's been the case so far. So, assuming we get stuck with Baker's contract, there would be two options in this scenario

1) Pay Baker 19mil and have him take a roster spot and sit at home. The QB room would be:
  • Watson (suspended)
  • Brissett QB1
  • Dobbs QB2
  • Baker sitting at home

or

2) Pay Darnold 19mil and have him take a roster spot and be a team participant. The QB room would be:
  • Waston (suspended)
  • Brissett QB1
  • Darnold QB2
  • Dobbs on the PS or cut

For the same $, and hopefully an extra draft pick from N.C., we get a better QB room.

Add that Darnold has never been on a roster like ours. Top 5 O line, the top RB room, helluva defense, etc. Ya never know.

Unless we can't find a trade partner to take on Baker's money, and that's been the case so far. So, assuming we get stuck with Baker's contract, there would be two options in this scenario

1) Pay Baker 19mil and have him take a roster spot and sit at home. The QB room would be:
  • Watson (suspended)
  • Brissett QB1
  • Dobbs QB2
  • Baker sitting at home

or

2) Pay Darnold 19mil and have him take a roster spot and be a team participant. The QB room would be:
  • Waston (suspended)
  • Brissett QB1
  • Darnold QB2
  • Dobbs on the PS or cut

For the same $, and hopefully an extra draft pick from N.C., we get a better QB room.

Add that Darnold has never been on a roster like ours. Top 5 O line, the top RB room, helluva defense, etc. Ya never know.
Baker sitting at home and being paid will require him to agree to that. The team cannot bar him from the facility when under contract. So if he wants out all he has to do is start showing up.

CLE doesn't want to pay Baker 19M, so why would they want to pay Darnold 19M to be 3rd string? Plus Darnold does not fit the the style of play they have now built their QB room to.

First of all, I think this is a long shot scenario ... I'm just spitballing.

But Baker in the facility vs a ready and able back-up are two different things.

If we have to pay that 19mil to somebody, might as well make it QB2, since QB1 (Brissett) isn't expensive, and neither is DeShawn at 1mil.

Again, this is just an idea if Watson gets a heavy penalty, and we don't really want Dobbs as QB2, and don't really want a non-participant like Baker taking up 19mil and a roster spot.

First of all, I think this is a long shot scenario ... I'm just spitballing.

But Baker in the facility vs a ready and able back-up are two different things.

If we have to pay that 19mil to somebody, might as well make it QB2, since QB1 (Brissett) isn't expensive, and neither is DeShawn at 1mil.

Again, this is just an idea if Watson gets a heavy penalty, and we don't really want Dobbs as QB2, and don't really want a non-participant like Baker taking up 19mil and a roster spot.
If Baker pushed to go in to the building they are going to move or cut him. That would be a distraction in the building.

I am sure CLE would go find someone else on the market or ends up on the market if not comfortable with Dobbs behind Brissett.

Its not they he doesnt have value as a player.he does.Its that teams assume we will have to eventually cut him.
If we cut baker tomorrow? I could see 2-3 teams aggressively competing for his services.
While true it's also that Baker doesn't have a value at 19M, and seems as a starter for that team. If another QB team really liked or wanted Baker they would not risk him signing elsewhere if/when he got cut and became a FA.

honestly If I could turn back time (like cher) I think I would leave DW in texas and go all in with baker.
wouldnt it be great If watson got suspended for the year and baker held a presser announcing he is going to lead the browns to the SB in 2022.the CB fans would rally around him like never before.hed be a goddamn superstar.well,dreams can come true (like gabrielle) baker If you're reading this,come back home baby,lead us through the desert to the promised land.we love u!
we fu&ked up.take us back baby! come home!

Top Bottom