NFL - Baker to the Panthers for a 2024 (conditional) 5th rounder | Page 16 | Barking Hard

NFL Baker to the Panthers for a 2024 (conditional) 5th rounder

Well Pastor, is it really necessary to preach to the choir? Every one in here is thoroughly aware how the season fell in the toilet in one play last year. Baker has attitude, vision, and decision making issues. That's only one side of the coin. The other side is a Browns organization that didn't take his green dot helmet away from him and tell him "next year". Things continued down hill when Berry and Depo started making rash decisions to move on from a QB who had a tendency to make rash decisions. Now the Browns are tied to another QB who has behavior issues when he has a stiffy.
It really wasn't Arash decision by the Browns FO. They clearly had concerns prior to 2021, which is why they didn't make much of an effort to put a long term deal in place. They were looking at alternative plans well before 2021 started. We sometimes forget these guys see the players every day

Right. . . 3563 Yds, 26 Tds - 8 Ints, and a QBR of 103.1 on a run heavy team is really bad. I would kill for a QB with those numbers every year. And there's no reason to believe he would have been worse in 2021-2022 if he had not broken his left shoulder.
And his play as a trailer, not the tractor is good enough to play for playoffs, but not championships in today's NFL. He is Kirk Cousin's lite

It really wasn't Arash decision by the Browns FO. They clearly had concerns prior to 2021, which is why they didn't make much of an effort to put a long term deal in place. They were looking at alternative plans well before 2021 started. We sometimes forget these guys see the players every day
Agreed. I still think they should have taken him off the field and told him to wait until next year. Perhaps Baker's attitude prompting him to insist on playing with the messed up shoulder is what should be considered rash. Baker was trying to justify a 5th year on his contract. His body couldn't do it. I suppose $230million might also be called rash. After all the salary cap pie is only just so big. Other players need a piece of it too.

Last edited:
Agreed. I still think they should have taken him off the field and told him to wait until next year. Perhaps Baker's attitude prompting him to insist on playing with the messed up shoulder is what should be considered rash. Baker was trying to justify a 5th year on his contract. His body couldn't do it. I suppose $230million might also be called rash. After all the salary cap pie is only just so big. Other players need a piece of it too.
I would agree they should have sat him. Then again we didn't see him in practice,or Case. I suspect there were a lot of factors at play, and not a singular one. Both for the decision to play him, and to move on.

As for the contract, I don't really worry about it. In a few years it's going to look small. Between salary cap increases, how teams are working the salary cap, and where contract $ are going to.

Infomercial Spill GIF

Baker went from a seriously bad situation to a worse situation as was evident. It’s also evident he is now in a great situation! He loves proving the nay sayer wrong! Further proof that coaching has a lot to do with his play here in Cleveland!

Somewhat amusing. It wasn't that long ago the Bucs could've easily had baker and probably for very reasonable money.

Top Bottom