Barking Hard Musicians: What do you play? | Page 5 | Barking Hard

Barking Hard Musicians: What do you play?

So we have a thread for what you're listening to. How about a thread for those who play it?

What's your instrument(s)? Got a band? Solo stuff? Tell us!

I play a little of everything, coming from a musical family (in short form, dad plays piano, mom plays guitar and Celtic harp and sings, and I have a cousin who is a cellist in the Baltimore Symphony): drums, orchestral percussion, guitar, bass, keyboards, mandolin, and occasionally I do something that resembles singing.

I just joined a band here in the Dallas area last week, a sort of folk-punk/anti-folk group called Death Before Breakfast as their new drummer, and used to play with bands in college and high school, mostly drumming. Ironic, because I have never owned a drum set in my life but it's what I play best.
Guitar, accordion, keys, dobro, mando, bass, uke, 4 and 5 string banjo, diatonic and chromatic harmonicas, and some odd stuff like Bouzouki, Ud, Bailalaika, tin whistle, and I can butcher pitch on a variety of horns. Man, I "blow" at horns.

Guitar center is for hacks and kids,
Always go old school for guitar and amp service
with former musicians or techs the older the
better!
Not necessarily so. There is a lot of talent in the music world and not a lot of jobs to go around. GC is not a place I would ever take a guitar for work but only because we have several very good luthier/technicians in Memphis. A dear departed friend of mine, a Memphis guitar giant named Buddy Church took a job at GC and he was very good at guitar set up. In general, like I said, GC is not for me, but you can't just make a blanket statement about those who work there.

The Crybaby is still used today quite a lot, I prefer the Vox myself when it comes to Wah pedals.

I have a decent group of effects to go with it all-- Digitech RP300 multi-effect (I mostly use it for the Whammy pedal), Vox Wah, a Chinese copy of the famous orange Phase 90 phaser, plus Behringer versions of several Boss pedals (O/D, octave, tremolo, fuzz/boost, EQ), a Danelectro chorus, and a tiny delay pedal.

My board right now goes guitar > EQ > RP300 > wah > fuzz > O/D > phaser > delay > amp.
I bought a Donner combination wah/volume for 29.99. I knocks the sox off of a vox or a crybaby. Has a true bypass in is way quieter.

Top Bottom