Browns Game Thread - #BengalsVsBrowns this Thursday! Statement game for the @Browns ....hopefully. | Page 10 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread #BengalsVsBrowns this Thursday! Statement game for the @Browns ....hopefully.

A couple more thoughts - our secondary did fairly well on the outside. Ward and Mitchell had a nice game vs their WR's.

- Mitchell was targeted 10 times. He allowed 2 catches for 19 yards and had 3 PBUs.
- Mitchell vs AJ Green: 5 targets, no catches against him.

- Ward was targeted 11 times. He allowed 5 rec catches for 46 yards and a TD
- Ward vs AJ Green: 16 routes, 7 targets, 2 receptions for 14 yards

The Browns CB's were solid on the outside. Where the Bengals killed the Browns D was underneath and over the middle - where our LB's, nickel back and safeties have more responsibility. We NEED Kevin Johnson back very, very badly. He was arguably our best CB overall all camp and will help shore up a leaky nickel spot. We also need Ronnie Harrison to get up to speed faster. Sandejo and Joseph are killing us in coverage. Just awful.

I thought Joseph was a FS and not an in the box S. At 5'10" 200lbs he should be much better in coverage unless Woods has him in zone schemes. While the coverage inside wasn't great T Thomas did tackle well and brought his guy down quickly after the catch. Now we have a long week to maybe get lucky and get some guys back cause I'd like to see T Mitch, Greedy and Denzel all out there with KJ. That would be huge right about now.

I thought Joseph was a FS and not an in the box S. At 5'10" 200lbs he should be much better in coverage unless Woods has him in zone schemes. While the coverage inside wasn't great T Thomas did tackle well and brought his guy down quickly after the catch. Now we have a long week to maybe get lucky and get some guys back cause I'd like to see T Mitch, Greedy and Denzel all out there with KJ. That would be huge right about now.
Yeah Thomas is a great player after he allows a catch!!

That new end, Gustin, is playing really well. Give him more snaps.

In the bengals game with 13:00 minutes left in the first half I saw the OLine in a two point (passing) stance with Baker in shotgun and Chubb the RB. The ball was snapped and Teller and Hubbard took a step back, but then Baker gives it to Chubb on a little delay and he goes off the right side for 10 ish yards. Fucking phenomenal!! I had to watch that play three times cause it looked exactly like a pass play and I know LB'ers are taught to read the guards post snap.

Anyway it was a well designed play and one or two plays later the whole OLine went to the right and Baker bootlegged to the left to find OBJ for a TD throw. And Landry was wide open on that play too. If Landry gets the ball he's got a 1st down easily and maybe 6 if he can beat a couple DB's into the endzone.

Recovery time

Recovery from a mild to moderate sprain following a knee hyperextension injury can take 2 to 4 weeks. It’s important during this time to limit activities that can further strain the knee and to continue to manage swelling and pain.
Surgical reconstruction of an injured ligament often leads to full recovery and return to function in a high percentage of cases. It’s considered the gold standard for ACL injuries but often brings with it a long recovery time of 6 months or more.
Physical therapy is necessary to increase strength and rehabilitate the knee and surrounding muscles to pre-injury condition and can help reduce recovery time.
According to an articleTrusted Source in Joints, other patient factors like age, gender, weight, mechanism of injury and surgical technique can also influence recovery time.

Takeaway

Knee hyperextension injuries can vary from a mild strain to a severe tendon injury. People who engage in high impact sports are at an increased risk of knee hyperextension and tendon rupture.
Prevention of knee hyperextension involves maintaining adequate strength in the muscles surrounding the knee, particularly the quadriceps as well as including a proper warm up and cool down before and after every workout or athletic event.

I believe the injury happened on 8-18-2020 so he did get a little more than 4 weeks to recover. But if his knee is wobbly he should sit and give it another week. He needs to be able to take a shot on his knee and have it hold up.

Top Bottom