Bjourn Werner- DE prospect 2013 draft | Barking Hard

Bjourn Werner- DE prospect 2013 draft

PlaygroundLegend

Black Top Champion
Awards
I know I'm starting early but its fairly obvious here in training camp and preseason what were going to need to improve on for next year... a pass rush.

I know I know, phil taylor is out and bernard is back, but sadly (because I love the kid) bernard is a creation of the old regime, and has had trouble finding his place here (he would be a monster in dallas or on the texans)... and we all know Frosty Rucker isnt the future... sure we have sheard... but he's of pure ss de.. built like a tank to stop the run and create some havoc on that side (he can pass rush but he's no ware)

Check out this guy, Bjorn Werner projected middle to second half of the first round as of this posting:

He's 6'4 270lbs (Jauron likes them BIG, looks like Julius Peppers) He runs a 4.7 at his massive size, and plays DE like Marion Barber played RB..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtP-K5E3UAY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvq0yY4PCV4[/ame]

This guy is sick

442152.jpg

Plays a lot of left end. Is he considered an elite pass rusher? Not numbers, but explosiveness, can beat NFL left tackles. Jauron actually likes huge DTs and small, fast, athletic DEs. Juqua Parker is like 250 and Coles is like 260, his two guys when he was in Philly.

But a beast is a beast. If he can bend and blow around the corner, he's what we need.

In college, he's simply an elite player. I think he'd fit right into any nfl scheme. Rush the passer, set the edge otherwise.

Been paying more attention and he's a lock top 10. Being compared to Jared Allen a lot. I think he, Jarvis Jones, and Ming seem like the best RDE pass rushers. Montgomery's good but not really explosive.

Like Werner a lot, but I think his teammate Cornellius "Tank" Carradine could prove to be the better value. Love his length & active hands -- dude never stays blocked.

At this point, Carradine looks like a late 1st/early 2nd. The Browns currently don't have a pick in that range, but you never know where they'll ultimately end up making their selection. And Carradine seems like the kind of guy who could surge up boards after a dominant Senior Bowl.

For those interested, you can check out some clips of Cornellius here:

Player Profile Page: Cornellius Carradine

Werner laid 3.5 sacks on Florida, a serious opponent, and leads the nation with 13 now. Gotta think he's on the rise again, up into the top 5. Jones, Moore, and Werner will all be blue-chippy.

More love: Like Moore, Werner is laying down some crazy ass numbers. Not only 13 sacks, best in the nation, but also 18 TFLs, second to Moore himself. Two guys playing against top competition and getting it done in a huge way.

Two great candidates to start at RDE for the Browns in 2012.

Top Bottom