Bourbon Beer Cigars Guitars Women and Cars | Barking Hard

Bourbon Beer Cigars Guitars Women and Cars

jaydog

Legend
Awards
I'm taking a shot that there might be enough of us interested enough to talk about other similar likes and interests.

The first thing I thought was crazy recently was the Lake Erie fishing tour that uncovered the cheating fishermen. Here's the uncut video. Just go to the 14:30 mark and watch the other fishermen swarm around that guy after they find the weights.

I don't see the video for some reason. But i saw it elsewhere. Sadly I don't drink anymore. I want to. Tried wine. Tried whiskey. Something happened when I turned 30 and it became poison to me. Used to be able to drink with the best of them. My go to, to get drunk quickly was Wild Turkey and Coke. Blech.

My father and uncles are a big bourbon bunch, here’s my super limited experience.

Four Roses is the best cheap bourbon
Mitchers is fantastic but pricey (usually my Xmas present)
MM 46 is a nice mid ground

Edit: always interested to hear more good bourbon.

Last edited:
Btw, on the state of Ohio's liquor web site there is a new private stock edition coming out this week. It's Woodinville Private Select. I've never had Woodinville yet. Probably because it's distilled in the state of Washington.

I picked up some allocated bourbons last week. The Heaven Hill Bottled in Bond and the Larceny Barrel Proof. Both are on the very right side of my bourbon shelves.

I liked the Larceny Barrel Proof more than the Heaven Hill so my son and I are working on the Heaven Hill first. I also saw the Woodinville OHLQ exclusive, but I passed on that. They wanted $74.99 for a fifth of that stuff. Too much for an unknown product for me. I found out I missed out on Eagle Rare the week before too.

The Elijah Craig small batch is a very good cheaper bourbon that is my go to as well as Evan Williams Single Barrell. The Evan Williams Single Barrel was surprisingly good and cheap. I've not had the generic Evan Williams bourbon, but it is a Heaven Hill distilleries product as well as Elijah Craig and McKenna.

I've yet to get a bottle of McKenna. It seems to escape me every time. I had a chance over the summer, but it was either McKenna or Blanton's. I took the Blanton's.

Here's my little collection of bourbons:

Whiskey Shelf.jpeg

I also like a rifle close to my bourbon collection!

Machine Gun GIF

I've told these trick bag punk city kids before. I will shoot. I will shoot straight and I will be on target. I will shoot to kill. I will continue to shoot to kill until the aggression ceases.

So yeah come find me. I'll be here. I am ready at all times like most people out here in God's country on account the Sherriff may not get here for 10 minutes. We all have guns and we all have very little crime.

That one right there is my pea shooter. A .22 that I use mostly for shooting at bunnies and Canadian Geese on my pond. It's there on the wall for that reason, though a few guys have noted that rifle on the wall while they're here delivering things. It always makes me wonder if they were casing my house when they point it out. I usually respond with "I got more around the house". Which ain't no lie! :cool:

Does anyone here outside of Minnie smoke cigars? I don't smoke much but can appreciate a good cigar once in a great while.

If you guys are looking for solid relatively cheap bourbons I watched this video and for the most part have to agree. I'd add Elijah Craig small batch in there as it's cheap, readily available in most every store and it's a very good pour for the price.

EXCEPTIONALLY LIGHTWEIGHT
There is not one single steel component in Valkyrie's structure. It is 100% carbon fibre, minimising load while pushing the power:weight ratio to the max.

OUTLANDISH SPEED​

Valkyrie's otherworldly performance comes from the 6.5-litre V12 engine developed with Cosworth. Not what you’d call a traditional hybrid, this V12 is torque-enhanced during take-off and uses the electric motor for a power boost. Any faster and it would fly.

Last edited:
A quick and pretty accurate list of cheap, but good bourbons. All of these are an excellent value.

1. Old Grand-Dad 114 proof.
2. Four Roses. Problem is Four Roses has a whole shitload of various bourbons. Too many if you ask me.
3. Wild Turkey 101
4. Evan Williams bottled-in-bond. A Heaven Hill product I've yet to try.
5. Early Times bottled-in-bond. I didn't know it was a Sazerac distillery product. I'll be looking for this!
6. Benchmark Full Proof. I'll have to get some since it is produced by Buffalo Trace using their popular mash bill #1.
7. Russel's Reserve 10 year. It didn't impress me much but for a 10 year bourbon it is a decent price.
8. 1792 Small Batch
9. Knob Creek 9 year. One of my favorite go to reasonably priced bourbons.
10. Old Forester 100 proof

Love the thread!

I’m going to try and put together a few ideas when I can

I go back and forth between bourbon/Irish whiskey/rum lol

I’ve been doing Keto since
May and have been drinking booze instead of
Beer lol
I recently inherited a bar from 19th century France. It’s a remarkable piece of art/furniture. Photos incoming shortly

Bourbon is just a better drink than beer. I switched too a few years ago though I'll still have beer on Sunday's.

Bourbon and whiskey doesn't make me bloated and farting like a mad man. My beautiful wife was calling me fartknocker for awhile. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I can only blame the dogs for so long before she gets suspicious.

I heard some good things about the Irish whiskey RedBreast 12 year and 15 year. Roughly $60.00 and $120.00 each. There is an older one that is out of my price range at this time, but I have not had any, so I'd start with the cheap 12 year and see how it is first.

I had a local rye over the summer. Minglewood Rye out of Wooster that I really liked and it was cheap!

My youngest son bought a new used vehicle Saturday. A 2012 Audi A5 2.0 Quattro AWD with 120, some thousand miles on it. It has normal wear and tear and stuff, but it's a sharp looking car and nothing too crazy that he can't handle.

13b233fdce871d623fe896b4c8e6682a.jpg

My cousin had a Gibson Les Paul Sunburst that was identical to Jimmy Page's Sunburst guitar. It was an absolutely phenomenal guitar.

Like this one, but he took the pick guard off.

R.jpg

Top Bottom