Bourbon Beer Cigars Guitars Women and Cars | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Bourbon Beer Cigars Guitars Women and Cars

I got a few of the "coveted ones", but I'm always looking for lower priced high quality bourbons. I've heard good things about Benchmark in that it is a Buffalo Trace distillery product. That bodes well and I will give it try as soon as I can find some. I saw a couple bottles last week while I was working. (Don't ask. 😬) I'm going to go back to that place in the next week or so and hope they still have a bottle left.

I picked up a bottle of Benchmark. Not the Benchmark Single Barrel but it was all I could get a hold of and for $12.99 it seemed like a great deal.

It's ok but is very thin tasting. My son said it needs to be aged for another year or two even. Otherwise, it's not terribly bad and for the price it's a good value. I'd probably not buy it again as a bottle of Wild Turkey for a little bit more is a better pour.

My youngest son bought a new used vehicle Saturday. A 2012 Audi A5 2.0 Quattro AWD with 120, some thousand miles on it. It has normal wear and tear and stuff, but it's a sharp looking car and nothing too crazy that he can't handle.

View attachment 583
Junior just found out a serious issue with his car.

Apparently these cars have piston ring issues that causes the engine to burn oil. Every 500 miles or so the error message "low oil" pops up on the computer. We replaced the oil sensor thinking that was the issue. We took it to the Audi dealership and the mechanic said the fix is about $9,000.00 for new rings. Or, just keep putting a quart of oil in every time it calls for it.

I've rebuilt motors before years ago, but I'm not really up to that big of a job in my old age. I got to check around and see if I can find a cheaper mechanic. If not junior will have to figure on adding a quart of oil every couple of weeks.

The bitch is it should be a recall issue, but it's to big of an issue and cheaper for Audi to payoff politicians and/or the system to avoid that from happening.

Ryan Connolly No GIF by Film Riot

My wife and I stopped over here and did a tasting yesterday. I had the bourbon made from blue corn and it was fantastic. It was bit on the expensive side at $55.00 for a 750ml bottle, but very well done.

I also had the Peated Whiskey which wasn't really my thing as I think it was a scotch mash. Good, but not something I'd look to get.

If you're in the Cuyahoga Falls, Akron area it'd be worth a stop for a tasting. My wife bought a couple bottles of wine as they have that along with supplies to distill your own creations if you like.

I was ripping some Alex Harvey Band and came across this video of Delilah that they did live in 1975. OMG. Just go to 2:20 and watch cause it's fucking great. Looks like the guitar players are just fucking around live on stage for the most part and the guitarist Zal Cleminson is playing a Gibson SG. Hell after about 12 seconds Zal Cleminson just bangs out a chord, a few windmills and smiles at the bass player like this is going to get weird.

The sound of a Gibson Les Paul is one of my favorites. I stumbled across the Adam Jones collection, the guitarist from Tool, while loading several of their songs onto my iPhone. Another excellent guitarist with a cool Antique Sunburst finish.

adam-jones-gibson-signature-guitars.jpg

Under the heading of guitars and getting one or more to learn on.
I'm checking in to inform you of a guitar brand that got their start by selling on Amazon.
They are contracting the production of their instruments to two or three contractors in China.
Much the same way Gibson and Fender contract production of some of their products.
Firefly is the company I'm babbling about. No it's not a scam.
For someone like myself (just learning with much more to learn) they are offering entry to mid level
guitars similar in quality to Epiphone and Squier.
These usually need new strings and a setup.
Pricing is usually between $150-$250 + $27 to ship each.
They are even doing some double necks at about $400.

Just in case you're curious please consider:

And they're is an independent FB group that that you can browse by simply asking to join.
Please visit the group before buying. Just so you would be making an informed decision.

It's common for the mgmt. of firefly to ask the mods. of the FB group to put up a survey
to get opinions from the group members about what is wanted or expected in new models.
The total membership of the group is now past 7000.
I joined when the total was about 1000.
It's been fun learning. And finding out how much I still need to learn.

Last edited:
I picked up the entry level Ibanez GiO used for $100.00 to get back into it. I had surgery on my left hand and it's caused my playing to be clunky. I'm looking for cheap models that still sound good or that I can mess with to get a better sound.

While I was looking at the Ibanez the girl said the Japanese model of a Les Paul had a "really good sound". I was hesitant but at this point I'm more open to these since I already have a really good Hamer Flying V. Problem is I can't play it sitting down and it needs a new tremolo bar.

I'm looking into getting it fixed but I don't know who to go to. I just got to look around until I find a guy I'm comfortable with. A friend of mine had his bass guitar fixed at Guitar Center last year. He said he went there because he couldn't find anybody else and he took a shot. He got it back and he said it's great. I just might end up there too.

TYVM @NDneighbor

I picked up the entry level Ibanez GiO used for $100.00 to get back into it. I had surgery on my left hand and it's caused my playing to be clunky. I'm looking for cheap models that still sound good or that I can mess with to get a better sound.

While I was looking at the Ibanez the girl said the Japanese model of a Les Paul had a "really good sound". I was hesitant but at this point I'm more open to these since I already have a really good Hamer Flying V. Problem is I can't play it sitting down and it needs a new tremolo bar.

I'm looking into getting it fixed but I don't know who to go to. I just got to look around until I find a guy I'm comfortable with. A friend of mine had his bass guitar fixed at Guitar Center last year. He said he went there because he couldn't find anybody else and he took a shot. He got it back and he said it's great. I just might end up there too.

TYVM @NDneighbor
Many of the people who bought Fireflys have left them at Guitar Center for setup.
Alternately, check locally for luthiers (that's the term) that repair stringed instruments.

Top Bottom