Breaking: Sources say training camp to open on-time in July | Barking Hard

Breaking: Sources say training camp to open on-time in July

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
#Browns #TrainingCamp #NFL #Winning

Even Corona knows who's the king.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources have told PFN Insider <a href="https://twitter.com/TonyPauline?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TonyPauline</a> that as of now, NFL training camps are expected to open on time in July. <br><br>Here's all the latest details on the lead-up until then, and what the 2020 NFL season might look like.<a href="https://t.co/lWuJm8z6BX">https://t.co/lWuJm8z6BX</a></p>— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1257376522480091137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 4, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would hope so. It's two months away and this fucking thing has disrupted our lives for long enough already. I'm still a little more concerned about the outcome for the US, but hopefully we're all finally starting to put this shit behind us.

We really need it. I just feel with a new staff and a young roster, we can't afford to be any further behind than we already are. Especially chasing Baltimore and Pittsburgh - two teams who don't have to deal with those growing pains and overturn.

I dig the optimism... but we're expecting U.S. daily death totals to be peaking in June, upwards of 3k a day. All the news today feels like utterly contradictory: "Things are gonna get pretty bad so we're gonna start reopening immediately."

Just a whiff of human sacrifice in the air today. And I'm as eager to be done with this shit as anybody. My specific area 35 miles NW of L.A. is damn near uninfected while L.A. itself is just over the peak... but nobody's rushing to do a group hug on grandma just yet.

There's no reason that multi-billion dollar businesses can't figure out a way to ensure their employees can safely perform their jobs, if they really care about health and safety. They just have to spend money on tests, contact tracing and PPE for everyone who comes into contact with the most critical employees.

In the case of the NFL (and NBA, and NHL and MLB), the safest, smartest thing would be to make everything live-stream and TV-only.

No fans in the stands. No autographs. No concessions. No parking lots. No tailgating.

Painful for fans, and will cost teams money, I know, but the #1 thing that pro sports could do to help keep people alive and well for the next six months is simply to get back to playing so we all have something to make staying home more palatable.

I'm not kidding. Imagine how much more fun being home would be if there was baseball on ALL DAY LONG? Or if I could stream training camp in July?

Shit, if MLB was savvy, this whole pandemic could save their whole business: blow away all geographic broadcast restrictions, give everyone a reduced-rate on the MLB plan, schedule daytime baseball in at least one time zone every day, and offer games for free to all over-the-air broadcasters who want them.

Can you imagine the resurgence to watching baseball? All the kids stuck at home? All the parents at their wits end?

Anyway, empty stadiums would suck for players but getting games on TV ASAP would be a MASSIVE help to keeping everyone else at home.

Because guess what? If you let people back too quickly, the teams will run the risk of being complicit in continuing the illness longer than necessary. Worse yet, if just one player gets severely ill from contact with a fan, or with contact with a player from a team who is allowing contact with fans, that would shut the whole damn thing down again.

The only rational way out of this is to get players into camp early, test them on the way in, and if they're COVID negative, keep them all together for the long haul.

If all the pro sports do that, we can have sports again. If not...we'll be right back in lock down by October. Guaranteed.

I think it's a brilliant idea. You can protect a "sealed community," like a baseball season split between Arizona and Florida with the winners playing in a championship.

Not sure how I feel about football just yet, September feels so far away. But July sounds awful soon, man. Maybe if they do everything Juke listed, they can create a safe environment. But you're bringing 120 people together from all over, gonna have to test real hard and keep a bubble over it.

I like it. Let's play some football!!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/vhNUFGUnQpr8c" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/nfl-tnf-bufvscle-vhNUFGUnQpr8c">via GIPHY</a></p>

I'd think about this as a plan...

You get 8 regular season games as an STH, soooooo, this year

- You get two games.
- You put in your preference, then there's a lottery (big universities do it all the time)
- You're refunded for the other 6 games (plus the preseason games, which will have no fans)
- Socially distanced in the stands with masks
- Discourage the elderly and those with at-risk chronic medical problems from attending

It's a plan that probably makes no sense for some reason I'm not thinking of, but I'd give it some thought.

Right now,
We have no clue what is right or wrong but I don’t see social
distancing ending anytime soon and I want football as much
as anyone but If you can’t shake a hand how do you tackle?

The players would be fever-screened and rapid-tested prior to playing, but agree, there are plenty of arguments against. If training camps get off the ground in July, then that bridge will have been crossed by the time games start.

Right now,
We have no clue what is right or wrong but I don’t see social
distancing ending anytime soon and I want football as much
as anyone but If you can’t shake a hand how do you tackle?

It all depends on testing. Test on the way in. Don't let anyone in without a test. That means players, coaches, support personnel, owners and the press--everybody, and that includes SJ. If the virus is eliminated from the site by testing, there is no need for social distancing and no problem with shaking hands nor tackling. Training camp should be relatively easy. If for any reason somebody has to leave, they don't get back in until they have been retested. The public can watch the public portion of training camp on TV. The season requires more thought unless you want to essentially jail the players and coaches, but, regardless how it is handled, it really depends on air tight testing. Nobody gets in without testing negative and anybody leaving is retested upon returning.

The main thing is protect the players. Maybe you could let fans occupy the upper deck if they promise to social distance, but absolutely no contact with the players until this is over.

Outdoor dining gonna be booming starting around mid-June-ish. California is Stage 2 as of Friday, Stage 3 allows for restaurants to serve outside.

From whenever it's allowed until, oh, Vaccine O'Clock? Everybody's ask for the porch. Servers in gloves and masks. It's gonna be weird for a long while.

First time we gather close, like a game or even a movie... that's gonna be tense. Also, a friend recently pointed out that exurbians (like me) are not gonna be going into the population centers for a long while.

I doubt I'll do anything social outside of my area for a long while.

The nice thing is, if you open it up, then to each his own, as far as exposure comfort level goes.

We're a more knowledgeable society than we were a few months ago. If you're concerned, continue to quarantine.

I will respect everyone’s opinions and their decisions regarding the actual contagious impacts and even the real results .

Keep in mind I’m sacrificing my life my family’s life to keep you all safe and comfy.
If you think I’m being dramatic lets get at the real facts.

How many of the Cleveland building trades are infected with the virus?
How many of the Giant Eagle employees are on ventilators?
Ohio toll booth workers? All it takes. Is a little dissenting and they’ll all walk. Realize i am only highlighting a few.

Yet they are all healthy as of now. We cannot disregard the seriousness and w3e also cannot disregard the impact of shrinking away from a virus,

Let’s get togethe3r and use unity to forge a real cure to this virus and not hide in fear.

America will never recover if they hide.

Think of all the people who according to the WHO have risked their life’s to keep food on your f&@#ing table?

Vulgar yes. People think lets sit back and sit it out. What kind of ASSHoLE would suggest shutting down the entire food source of a nation? Feel safe fellow Browns fans i promise my children will not run away in fear, but will help as the Lord has taught us. That sound corny i know but hey...

It all depends on testing. Test on the way in. Don't let anyone in without a test. That means players, coaches, support personnel, owners and the press--everybody, and that includes SJ. If the virus is eliminated from the site by testing, there is no need for social distancing and no problem with shaking hands nor tackling. Training camp should be relatively easy. If for any reason somebody has to leave, they don't get back in until they have been retested. The public can watch the public portion of training camp on TV. The season requires more thought unless you want to essentially jail the players and coaches, but, regardless how it is handled, it really depends on air tight testing. Nobody gets in without testing negative and anybody leaving is retested upon returning.

The main thing is protect the players. Maybe you could let fans occupy the upper deck if they promise to social distance, but absolutely no contact with the players until this is over.

Hammer,
You can call me anything you want but this is a clusterfuck!

Stop,just stop!
The President has changed statistics of death five times in two weeks!
We have no clue if it’s an animal or human error or how to even test it
properly.
a vaccine is along way off,atleast for me it is, let congress and the senate
get vaccinated first, then maybe....
Love me some football but you kinda have to be alive to watch it!

Last edited:
Stop,just stop!
The President has changed statistics of death five times in two weeks!
We have no clue if it’s an animal or human error or how to even test it
properly.
a vaccine is along way off,atleast for me it is, let congress and the senate
get vaccinated first, then maybe....
Love me some football but you kinda have to be alive to watch it!
We nominate YOU first to receive a needle of billion Gates vaccine , yes you.

Top Bottom