Breaking: Sources say training camp to open on-time in July | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Breaking: Sources say training camp to open on-time in July

What's that ocean?
They aren't being honest on death certs?
I been saying so for weeks in church and state thread...
An older person has congestive heart failure diagnosed years ago, they had a stroke and passed.
A year ago they would have said they died from all 3, age included

Today they list covid19 only, even if they aren't sure.

I keep hearing that and I also note that from time to time, the death totals for a day in some state are significantly increased with the notation that it was due to adjusting the totals for several earlier dates. It is always an increase, never a reduction. I am beginning to wonder if there isn't a financial reason. Seems to me I remember something about the federal government paying the full freight for COVID-19 related cases.

Last edited:
Yeah, Shep, I love ya, but Rachel Maddow is a hard listen. I don't know about her facts, and I doubt she's always wrong or always write, but her delivery more Tucker Carlson than Tucker Carlson, with an air of "let me tell you dimmer light bulbs how you should be thinking". She wordsmiths and frames to fit her agenda big time.

WTH type of rabbitt hole are we in here boys?

Luckily, national politics and opinion do little for me. Don't wind me up or down.

Example, hate Trump or love him, to each his own.

(btw Shep, you'd be stunned if you lived in rural Ohio. I live 3 miles from my office, and I pass FIVE Trump flags driving on country roads every day to work, most with the "No More Bullshit" phrase on the bottom of them).

This thread is wayyyy off topic. I'm smelling some Hammertime soon lol.

The real breaking news of the day? I see a bright fiery thing in the sky. I think it's called the sun.

Seems to me I remember something about the federal government paying the full freight for COVID-19 related cases.

Yeah...government is not only paying full price for video visits, they are paying full price now for phone visits...and they are waiving co-pays for COVID related encounters...so there definitely is a financial benefit.

They are also paying for COVID related supplies...so again, incentive to assign COVID to patients even if they aren't verified COVID positive. Not to mention (of course now I AM mentioning it) disaster relief funds in hard hit areas.

Except on this board, I've never heard one person say a negative syllable about Rachel Maddow. "Hard listen?" Like, too smart or something? I don't get it. She's eloquent and smooth, doesn't even require a prompter.

But honestly, her "accuracy" is not even a conversation. She doesn't pitch concepts, she uses actual news footage and articles, connects prior events for context, and does not produce any "facts" at all. Then she brings on the highest level experts and the very first question she asks is, "Did I misrepresent or overshade anything here?" It's vitally important, it's her brand.

Honestly, anybody saying she's a hard listen or "inaccurate" (!!!) must not have seen her before and is just against all things MSNBC. There's just no possible way to make her a hard listen, like a screechy voice or Trumpy vocabulary or something. I mean, to each his own but that's a really tough one to sell.

Her Q is absurdly high, along with her ratings. Book sales were through the roof. She's a massive superstar for a good reason, really surprised to hear even attempts at negativity. First time ever.

BTW: National numbers look to be on the good side of the curve... until you remove NY. Then it's going up steadily still.

I have nothing against her, but living in the fly-over states, a wry wisecracking Stanford educated democrat from California just isn’t going to ring true with the people who’s party won the last election.

I’ve voted Ross for Boss, democrat, and republican. I’m running for office in November 4th as an independent. I’m as GDI as it gets.

I suppose she’s just not my flavor, but all of the daily talking heads wear me down quickly. Lol.

All good blokes!

Well, for sure no hard feelings, everybody definitely has a right and damn well should. I'd probably be less surprised by just about any other commentator of any flavor, just had never heard a cross word about her from any fronts. She just seems like one of the good guys... but I suppose that's not difficult to dissect (!).

Yeah...government is not only paying full price for video visits, they are paying full price now for phone visits...and they are waiving co-pays for COVID related encounters...so there definitely is a financial benefit.

They are also paying for COVID related supplies...so again, incentive to assign COVID to patients even if they aren't verified COVID positive. Not to mention (of course now I AM mentioning it) disaster relief funds in hard hit areas.

Thank you very much DF, that post meant a lot and should hit home for everyone.

OMG,Shep?,
What were you thinking?
MSNBC is the enemy of the right,and there
definition of “fake news”.
Like the Post,The Times,CNN,ABC NBC CBS,Science and common sense.
Tucker brings it and Hannity is a Greek God and Laura Ingrahm and Piero are women?,lol
The five is great!!!
Trump is kinda pissed because Fox won’t tow the line, more and more he is liking OANN

I really didn’t want to move this thread.

I do feel though that enough people are still willing to talk football and there’s a chance we can still keep this contained in the Church and State.

Go Browns!

Except on this board, I've never heard one person say a negative syllable about Rachel Maddow. "Hard listen?" Like, too smart or something? I don't get it. She's eloquent and smooth, doesn't even require a prompter.

She is highly selective with her facts and her facts are usually wrong. I agree she is eloquent and smooth, but most of what she says is simply made up. There is no need for a prompter when one can wing it as easily as she can.

But honestly, her "accuracy" is not even a conversation. She doesn't pitch concepts, she uses actual news footage and articles, connects prior events for context, and does not produce any "facts" at all. Then she brings on the highest level experts and the very first question she asks is, "Did I misrepresent or overshade anything here?" It's vitally important, it's her brand.

But if you notice who she usually has as her guests, then that shouldn’t be too surprising. :)

Honestly, anybody saying she's a hard listen or "inaccurate" (!!!) must not have seen her before and is just against all things MSNBC. There's just no possible way to make her a hard listen, like a screechy voice or Trumpy vocabulary or something. I mean, to each his own but that's a really tough one to sell.

Have to agree her presentation is smooth.

Her Q is absurdly high, along with her ratings. Book sales were through the roof. She's a massive superstar for a good reason, really surprised to hear even attempts at negativity. First time ever.

Her ratings were through the roof back when Russia-gate was going strong and she was certain that Trump was toast. Indeed, her ratings were sometimes actually higher than Hannity’s.

And she still has her audience although it is considerably diminished. If you checked the ratings lately, you would find that Hannity is doing better than ever while Rachel’s ratings have dropped almost a third.

BTW: National numbers look to be on the good side of the curve... until you remove NY. Then it's going up steadily still.

I don’t know what you are looking at. The US had 2,528 deaths yesterday, the highest total since April 21. That was fed by higher than usual number from New York which was the highest since April 21. I suspect that the number from New York involved some more adjustments, however. My guess is that we will have a better view of what is happening in a couple more days, or maybe not.

In the meantime, I learned today in an update from the governor that Oklahoma has the 8th lowest infection rate in the nation, States with a lower infection rate are Maine, Wyoming, Montana, West Virginia, Oregon, Hawaii and Alaska.

Also, I was particularly impressed with the governor of Iowa and her meeting in the White House today so I decided to add a video of the meeting since the thread has been moved to Church and State:

<iframe width="793" height="446" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ok1T1XMZah0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hannity is Trump’s stooge, totally full of shit.
Carlson is a bad actor, he tries but his facial
expressions alone makes me want to invite
him to a poker game.
Ingrahm is like nails on a chalkboard.
None are “news” reporters just barking out
the republican talking points of the day.
Brett Baier is a decent reporter as Brit Hume
was.
“The Five” is a poor man’s comedy show.

I catch and call BS on a lot of msnbc’s
reporting but I do like Nicole Wallace
and Steve Schmidt and John Heilman.

Hannity is Trump’s stooge, totally full of shit.
Carlson is a bad actor, he tries but his facial
expressions alone makes me want to invite
him to a poker game.
Ingrahm is like nails on a chalkboard.
None are “news” reporters just barking out
the republican talking points of the day.
Brett Baier is a decent reporter as Brit Hume
was.
“The Five” is a poor man’s comedy show.

I catch and call BS on a lot of msnbc’s
reporting but I do like Nicole Wallace
and Steve Schmidt and John Heilman.

I am not surprised that that is the way you feel. Thanks for the honesty. I appreciate honesty.

I am not familiar with Nicole Wallace, Steve Schmidt and John Heilman. I guess I don't watch enough MSNBC to know their new stars, I am familiar with Rachel Maddow, Chris Hays and Lawrence O'Donnell and don't to much care much for them. Just guessing, but I doubt that I would care much for Nicole, Steve and John either. But I suppose I could be surprised. When are their shows on?

Conspiracy Theorist

Rachel is as close to 100% accurate as she can be, intense about it, sources literally everything and then asks legit experts if she's misrepresented anything. She may have something else you don't like about her but it would absolutely not be her accuracy. That chart isn't her chart... it's an actual factual chart.

She's America's Storyteller, has done such an amazing job of given context and only working from sourced news from legit outlets, no hyper partisan stuff at all. Really, libs don't have their own Fox News, although I find CNN wonky and annoying.

It's virtually impossible to not like her... but I'd probably be as hesitant if she were at Fox. But I don't really know any Conservatives who don't respect her, haven't heard one diss her, ever.

And so I don't misrepresent myself at all: Dear God, I want football to happen. I really want optimistic visions to end up being right.

After reading this ... I literally had to reach up and touch my ears, to be sure my head didn't explode. I'm not kidding.

She is a Left sided Alex Jones ...........for goodness sake

Woah,
Slow down,Alex Jones just talked about killing his neighbors to feed his daughters!

Rachel Maddow does bend truth to her narrative,I’d give her 40% on the BS meter.

Cliff the shows on Fox I mentioned are for the most part entertainment.

Nicole Wallace worked in W’s WH,Steve Schmidt ran John McCains campaign with Nicole Wallace
being the baby sitter for the crazy governor of Alaska, not an easy job as Palin was not an easy
or smart choice for Veep.

Woah,
Slow down,Alex Jones just talked about killing his neighbors to feed his daughters!

Rachel Maddow does bend truth to her narrative,I’d give her 40% on the BS meter.

Cliff the shows on Fox I mentioned are for the most part entertainment.

Nicole Wallace worked in W’s WH,Steve Schmidt ran John McCains campaign with Nicole Wallace
being the baby sitter for the crazy governor of Alaska, not an easy job as Palin was not an easy
or smart choice for Veep.

I didn't ask for their Republican credentials. I asked for what they did on MSNBC. I could have done better with Google. Basically you are now admitting that these heroes of yours are neverTrumpers associated with the Republican party who sometimes appear on MSNBC in their expected roles--so called "experts" who dutifully appear to support the MSDNC narrative, whatever it might be at the moment.

Yeah, I know their faces and the narrative they espouse, just didn't recognize the names.

Just to be clear about how I feel about these bastards, I will mention that Steve Schmidt reminds me of Chris Matthews, basically a jackass. I remember John Heilman as one of the asshole regulars on Morning Joe who pushed the Russia-gate hoax incessantly. And Nicole Wallace is the bitch who sees a "silver lining" in the coronavirus if it hurts Trump.

And, by the way, you can call Hannity a stooge if you want, but you have to admit that he was right on Russia-gate. It was a hoax and a witch hunt that is now being exposed.

Never Trumpers is a myth created by the man himself.
When you elect a president everyone should accept
the outcome and hope he can handle the job
but Trump is as bad as Freddy Kitchens incompetance!

Top Bottom