Browns Game Thread - Browns @ Bengals, 2022 round 2 | Page 10 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Browns @ Bengals, 2022 round 2

Guys, I can see both sides of the story. I can fully engage with Martin Eden's position on this that DW had plenty of time to come out of the box ready. At the same time, I mostly relate to what TBPP posted above. It's little timing things and he is improving.

What I think some of us are missing is that most of these practice sessions seem to be "playing catch". Watch the practice videos. There is no game speed with defenders in your face rushing you and your mechanics.

DW probably could have done something better to simulate that, but when push comes to shove, it's the unknown element of where that pressure is coming from and how you set up properly to throw that counts. That is all that is missing, and he is improving.

Edit: I think even Nickers can agree that it is like playing a musical instrument. You can be at the top of your game, one of the best in the country, but if you lay off for 700 days without playing with others, it takes a while before your brain starts simply puking notes out of your fingertips. Until you get that back you are relying on memory by rote with no touch and creativity.

Last edited:
I think even Nickers can agree that it is like playing a musical instrument. You can be at the top of your game, one of the best in the country, but if you lay off for 700 days without playing with others, it takes a while before your brain starts simply puking notes out of your fingertips. Until you get that back you are relying on memory by rote with no touch and creativity.
This is spot on as I've taken a hiatus and it took a minute to re-group musically.

I agree he ran the offense without issues, but you're setting up Stefanski in case Watson fails. NO EXCUSES. He's a top 5 QB starting very soon or he's a bust. I never once heard you blame Stefanski for Baker's issues.
That's because you have blinders on. I have criticized Stefanski repeatedly. That being said he couldn't do anything about Bakers height, athleticism, lack of touch, inability to see 3/4 of the field, or penchant for drama.

Guys, I can see both sides of the story. I can fully engage with Martin Eden's position on this that DW had plenty of time to come out of the box ready. At the same time, I mostly relate to what TBPP posted above. It's little timing things and he is improving.

What I think some of us are missing is that most of these practice sessions seem to be "playing catch". Watch the practice videos. There is no game speed with defenders in your face rushing you and your mechanics.

DW probably could have done something better to simulate that, but when push comes to shove, it's the unknown element of where that pressure is coming from and how you set up properly to throw that counts. That is all that is missing, and he is improving.

Edit: I think even Nickers can agree that it is like playing a musical instrument. You can be at the top of your game, one of the best in the country, but if you lay off for 700 days without playing with others, it takes a while before your brain starts simply puking notes out of your fingertips. Until you get that back you are relying on memory by rote with no touch and creativity.
It only takes a week for most people who haven't played in awhile to get their band chops back... I like taking breaks in between so my ideas remain fresh and you don't stagnate... Being in a musical rut is one of the worst feelings in the world... You start to second guess yourself. So the cure for that is quit listening to the typical mainstream shit.. Get back to basics... Simplify your thoughts.. Like in the beginning.. You break things in half.. Focus on small motifs and phrases... Listen to other instruments/players... I have always taken a Drummer/Horn player mentality to my playing with a piano like writing style for the main idea or a riff/bass note style lines as demonstrated in the last vid I posted.. Which wasn't meant to be didactic or perfect. It was more of a litmus test for a new modulation pedal I acquired recently and was tweaking out the tones and getting a feel for how my fingers and ears reacted to it... Apparently Masters got offended and said my playing was "Shitty" Which I found highly comical as I have played with world class musicians and gained the respect of some famous players and many in the local music scene have been gracious and supported me , as I have and continue to support them... Two who are on the board of Trustees at CIM and are graduates with degrees in music and are musicologists who have taught me many things... Okay... Sorry to digress... I realize I can't please everybody and I don't waste time worrying about it... Anyone who knows me knows I was born with natural musical ability.. I didn't ask to be made this way.. I owe it to God...

Baker is one inch shorter than Watson.

Yeah and it didn't seem to hamper Drew Brees any.. Baker is pretty athletic.. No he's not a burner like Murray or Jackson... But athletic enough... Gabe is just afraid Baker will turn it around with a real coach like McVay while Watson disintergrates under Shitmypantski.. I mean Kevvy neutered Cousins for crying out loud...

Top Bottom