Browns Game Thread - Browns vs Jaguars | Page 9 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Browns vs Jaguars

Not one person here wishes Kizer was still in Cleveland. Baker made the same mistakes as last week, it’s frustrating and obvious. I like most hopes he gets past this and moves to the next level. Patiently waiting.
You're right Kegeratorz, nobody ever said that.
But if I read the comments of a lot of people during the game, it really makes me think we're 8-3*. And I just cannot understand why.
We have the best record of the last 18 years and all I read is about how bad is Mayfield. He might not be the long time answer, but good god! We're 8-3 and there is nothing else to say but "Baker sucks!"?

You're right Kegeratorz, nobody ever said that.
But if I read the comments of a lot of people during the game, it really makes me think we're 8-3*. And I just cannot understand why.
We have the best record of the last 18 years and all I read is about how bad is Mayfield. He might not be the long time answer, but good god! We're 8-3 and there is nothing else to say but "Baker sucks!"?
Baker doesn’t suck, he’s just incredibly hard to watch. So up and down as a person and in play. One pass is amazing, next misses wide open TD.

When your that emotional, message boards will also be

Baker doesn’t suck, he’s just incredibly hard to watch. So up and down as a person and in play. One pass is amazing, next misses wide open TD.

When your that inconsistent message boards will also be
I think we as a Cleveland Browns board members should be supporting whoever wears orange and brown. Reading some of the comments during the game it seems to me we're looking forward to the next bad play by #6 to unleash the critiques.
That's why we're called "supporters".

I think we as a Cleveland Browns board members should be supporting whoever wears orange and brown. Reading some of the comments during the game it seems to me we're looking forward to the next bad play by #6 to unleash the critiques.
That's why we're called "supporters".
At this point people aren't looking forward to it, but they know it's coming.

Glennon showed some above avg. ability. Including touch that Baker needs to work on.
Trajectory matters. A frozen rope for a pass isn't the answer for every situation.
Derek Anderson never learned that while he was in Cleveland.
Baker needs to spend some time hitting targets with differing trajectories.
Yeah, I know. NFL windows are small and timing to hit moving targets is difficult
Hunt didn't need that fastball at the end of the game.

Glennon showed some above avg. ability. Including touch that Baker needs to work on.
Trajectory matters. A frozen rope for a pass isn't the answer for every situation.
Derek Anderson never learned that while he was in Cleveland.
Baker needs to spend some time hitting targets with differing trajectories.
Yeah, I know. NFL windows are small and timing to hit moving targets is difficult
Hunt didn't need that fastball at the end of the game.
Some guys are successful at rifling the ball. Elway was 1, Favre was another. I think they both could have won a few more SuperBowls if they had possessed a little touch.

I think because of Baker’s smallish stature, he feels he has to force it. Maybe not being able to see the field is the culprit?

The biggest thing Baker has going for him right now is, he’s playing smart. At times not very good, but he’s playing smart. The team is carrying the load so at this point in his young career, I think it’s just what the doctor ordered enabling the wins to start piling up.

I think Baker is doing a decent job of letting his playmakers make plays...No INT's in 4 games now... Thats monumental...

Right Nick. I would add that Stefanski is spoon feeding Baker by using the top notch tandem of Chubb and Hunt. It allows KS to get in Bakers head a bit and reinforce the value of living for the next play and not forcing balls that clearly should not be thrown. Aka INT's. First and foremost is to not throw INT's. That's a game killer every damn time. Especially with the RB's we have. It's bad coaching to throw the ball with the guys we have in the backfield.

That said Baker really needs to step up his game and be the accurate QB we've seen in the past and the QB we know he can be prior to FK screwing him up.

Damn you Freddie Kitchens!!!!!!

wrestlemania xiv wrestling GIF by WWE

Yes, his calling card was accuracy coming into the NFL. Missing wide open dudes is the opposite. I hope he gets whatever it was back because they desperately need it if they get into the playoffs.

I thought this game would be close from the get go. We are head and shoulders better, but we've had so much recent turnover in our starting lineup it's was incredibly hard to expect a well played game by us.

KS wanted to pass the ball and give the RB's a bit of a break, but poor field position meant we couldn't. In the end we leaned on the RB's late and pulled out a close win with several starters out.

If Hodge has not gotten a game ball he really deserves one cause he is a hard core blocking WR who catches anything reasonably close to him. I also saw my boy Carlson contribute with a big catch and making quality blocks from that three TE formation. Njoku is all but gone btw. Same for Donovan Peoples-Jones. That guy makes multiple ME's in punt/kick returns every damn game.

1. Holy shit bro! It's like this:
  2. If the punt is between the ten yard line and the five yard line fair catch it unless you see a good return lane.
  3. If the punt is between the ten and five yard line and no coverage guys are close you can let it bounce into the end zone, BUT block the guy coming down to snag the punt god damn it!!!! NEVER WALK AWAY WHEN AN OPPONENT IS CLOSE. BLOCK HIM!!!!
  4. Kickoffs are live balls. So again. NEVER WALK AWAY WHEN AN OPPONENT IS CLOSE. BLOCK HIM TO ENSURE THE BALL CROSSES THE GOAL LINE!!!!

DPJ will be gone next year because he can't get with the program. I hate it cause he's a phenomenal athlete who can play, but he can't play because he makes bad decisions. Every game.

Top Bottom